Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Windows 10 Discussion Thread

Henry

Featured Posts

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I updated to Windows 10, a link for it came in the mail and it is free and simple to upgrade. It checks if you're compatible and if you have all past upgrades needed on your system before installing and then it does it for you, you just have to sit there and go through the upgrade for about an hour and it goes through your whole system and keeps restarting your computer on it's own, until the whole upgrade is finished, then it restarts and guides you through the new system from Start and has a complete and precise introduction.

I haven't had any bugs or problems. I did have to clear my browser to become compatible again with a few sites that I often visit, but that is expected.

The only weird thing that I have experienced has been that the new HD sound from it often picks up sound from my television, if I am in the room with it and it is turned on, but that is weird and is not really a problem.

I am able to connect easier and it picks up wifi fast and simply itself. It is a much better experience for me.

If you have the free link, do it, but do it when you have extra time to sit awhile and go through all of the steps with it. I would not suggest starting it and stopping it without completing the full update.

Good luck~

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

After doing this update that lasted 6 hours, it finally stopped updating!

But now, i can't scroll down/up with my two fingers on my Touchpad like i could before.

I installed ASUS smart gesture, but it doesnt work neither AND i updated the touchpad pilot.

So, does anyone has a solution for that? It's installed, it's simply not working :/

• 3 weeks later...
ChicaSkas

I hate new operating systems. I never know where anything is. Why the hell do they have to change things all the time... *gripes* Thankfully for 6 months I've been continually ignoring it :nick:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

RAMROD
7 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

I hate new operating systems. I never know where anything is. Why the hell do they have to change things all the time... *gripes* Thankfully for 6 months I've been continually ignoring it :nick:

It's all good until January 2020 when Windows stopped their extended support to Windows 7. They already stopped the mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 2015.

So use 7 until then, I suppose.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChicaSkas
Just now, RAMROD said:

It's all good until January 2020 when Windows stopped their extended support to Windows 7. They already stopped the mainstream support for Windows 7 on January 2015.

So use 7 until then, I suppose.

Hahah lol how did you know I had 7 :rip:

Yes , I will do so. Clawing on with hands and feet :rip:

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

RAMROD
Just now, ChicaSkas said:

I think I have seen screen cap of your computer here before. But I am.not too sure as I have a faint memory of that. :laughga:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ChicaSkas
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I think I have seen screen cap of your computer here before. But I am.not too sure as I have a faint memory of that. :laughga:

you are correct :sara: you have likely

• 1 month later...
DanceInTheDark
On 2-1-2016 at 0:06 PM, ChicaSkas said:

I'm with you, still a Win7 user, and I will be till 2020 I guess XD 

I tried 8 and 8.1 but didntl ike it

soundcloud.com/brooklyn-nights

ChicaSkas
5 hours ago, DanceInTheDark said:

I'm with you, still a Win7 user, and I will be till 2020 I guess XD 

I tried 8 and 8.1 but didntl ike it

My friend has ten, it is so stupidly simplfied, i cannot stand it. I want details you stupid morons :deadbanana:

Helxig
On 25/02/2016 at 7:10 PM, ChicaSkas said:

My friend has ten, it is so stupidly simplfied, i cannot stand it. I want details you stupid morons :deadbanana:

But it's simplified in a way that makes it incredibly difficult to use for those of us who are somewhat experienced Windows users! I've always been able to find things from the control panel or finding my way through right click menus, and I've gained a lot of little tips and tricks from having to troubleshoot tonnes of things over the years. And then I jumped on my sisters computer with Windows 10, thinking I'd easily be able to help her with her minor problem... nope! I could barely even use the computer at all! The new interface is so f*cking confusing and there's no start menu any more? I couldn't even use the search function to find specific tools and areas I used to access in the control panel, so I had to give up :( I've always been the one people come to for help with their computers, but this just made me feel so stupid.

Windows 7 forever! I hate, hate, HATE the apps window. It's messy, cluttered, counterintuitive. The start menu and desktop were so much tidier and more functional. I have no idea what they were thinking! Phones started becoming more like computers, and now computers are regressing to match the interface of our phones.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

• 2 months later...
kvnrp

I can't stand how Microsoft and Windows are talking to me, like they are some real people or something :neyde:

PSWVzst.jpg

KAuLiDc.png

Who is "We" and why are u taking over my computer :neyde:

Also, for 20 years now, Microsoft still hasn't managed to fix their terrible font rendering.

I could fill an entire thread with all the things that I don't like about Win10 :madge:

honza
14 hours ago, kvnrp said:

I could fill an entire thread with all the things that I don't like about Win10 :madge:

I can't even think of anything that makes it worse than W7 or W8.1 :neyde:

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived