💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Submissions: Lady Gaga Sydney wax figure redesigned - win tickets!

Admin

Featured Posts

To write down in words how much I love Lady Gaga is quite difficult actually. She first came into my life when I was 13-14 yrs old. I always felt like an outcast both in school and at home, i just didn't think i belonged. When Lady Gaga came into the music scene with her wigs, makeup, outfits I thought "THIS IS AWESOME!" And the fact that she didn't care what people said or thought about her was amazing for me. I wanted to be like her, I wanted to be myself and not give care if people liked it or not. Lady Gaga as a 13 yr old was an experience, I felt I was being transported to a world where whatever I dreamed I could be. She made it possible for me to dream, she made it possible for me to think that I was good enough, she made it possible for me to like myself, its still an ongoing battle but each day I get better. Throughout her career she's spread messages of love, self acceptance, tolerance in between others, these are things I try to incorporate in my daily life and things I try to spread each day. Lady Gaga taught me that change takes time but it also takes one person to begin it, she taught me I can be that change. I am 19 yrs old now and each day I work on bettering myself and spreading love and tolerance to others. The first time I ever saw Gaga live was october 31st 2012 in puerto rico and though i was pretty far, I experienced something magical that night, for the first time i felt i belonged, when she sang Marry The Night before leaving I felt something, to this day I cant explain it but it was a great feeling, I felt free, happy, elated. Lady Gaga taught me that I do belong and that theres people out there who will value/love me for who I am. I love Lady Gaga cause she's more than an artist for me, she's an amazing soul who was there for me when I felt the most alone. And it might be silly cause she doesn't know me and I'm just another fan who's life was touched by this amazing person but Lady Gaga has given me what no one has been able to give me, she has given me all I've ever wanted and that is that she believes in me. And like I said, she may not know me, she's never seen me, but she believes in me, she's given me what the people who do know me have not and for that I am so grateful. Whenever i feel lonely, sad, or just down I play Lady Gaga on full blast and I visualize myself in her concert again and I remember how great I felt and the amazing vibe the concert had and I feel a little better. Cause thats what she's given me, when things seem so black she gives me a bit of light. I might never meet her so I'll never be able to express my gratitude thats why I try to spread a message of love as well and better myself each day.

Maybe if I meet her I wont be able to mouth half of what I've stated here....thats probably what will happen cause goddamn! She's gorgeous.

I've love Gaga since she first splashed on the scene. She has change how I think and view the world, and most importantly, how to embrace and cherish myself and my creative. I'd give anything to meet her person, but this opportunity would be an excellent second best. Even in wax and sequents, she shines and brightens my day.

Even when starting treatment again for my 10 year war with an eating disorder, she really has kept me sane and confident while I got through body changes. That to me is priceless.

I hope I win.

As soon as I first heard her I knew she would be special and mean a lot to me. She's one of my idols and I hope I am as genuine as she is.

Lady gaga is just the absolute bestest thing to ever to my life and whole world in general. I have been to every concert she has come to here in Australia and lined up all day for 9 hours for everyone of those concerts to be as close to this amazing women as I could be.

Not only does she make amazing music and have an incredible message about love and acceptance but she's a major reason in me becoming to strong and proud person Iam today. I may have new very close to gaga in concert but seeing her again on Saturday I'm Sydney Australia is going to be amazing and I'd love to see her up close and personal at the wax museum.

zzzhangtony

I come from a first generation immigrant family which means I was born outside of the United States. My grandparents took care of me in China while my parents worked in America to build a better life for our family. At the age of 7, I arrived in America knowing no English. My parents did their best to teach me English, but they aren't fluent either so I had to attend school knowing no english and knowing zero to nothing about this country, its norms, and its society. In the first grade, I used to pee my pants because I didn't know how to say "May I use the bathroom?". I did not understand anything anyone was saying and I would leave school crying and i would despise going to school everyday. My grades were horrible and my dad received phone calls home frequently. Because my parents are extremely traditional in their Asian-style parenting, I received beatings alot. Physically and mentally. My father is extremely verbally abusive. He tells me to "go die", "you're a waste of my money", "why are you so stupid why can't you be like the other kids?", "I'd rather/should've raised a dog rather than you", "why don't you step out in the middle of the road and get hit by the car?", and his most infamous, "out of all the people in this world who has died, why haven't you?". I remember in the first grade when I got home (my parents owned a typical Chinese restaurant which they worked 24/7 so "home" was also the restaurant) my dad was furious because of a phone call home from my teacher so he threw me in the restaurant dumpster. To many others, this may seem cruel and unbelievable, but back from where I came from, this is the norm for parenting. Its the norm to physically hurt your child in China. I remember from the bottom of that dumpster crying hysterically begging for my dad to take me out. I sat in that dumpster until my aunt picked me out of the trash. This is my earliest memory of being physically hurt by my dad. Typically (from where I come from in China at least), chinese parents had a bundle of thin and flexible branches to whip their child with when they misbehaved. You would hear that terrible "swish" as it cuts through the air. When the whipping was done, I was left with long red lashes on my skin that stung, and sometimes bled depending on how hard he whipped me. Other times I was forced to kneel on my knees until my father gave me the permission for me to get up. Usually, I just feel over from my legs being numb as kneeling for a prolonged time disturbs circulation to your legs. I would have to sit on the ground as the painful numbness dissipated. My dad would also give me a hard beating. I remember one time he kicked me on to the restaurant floor and beat my behind with a metal ladle used with woks. He beat me repeatedly until I couldn't get up. And then he kicked me on the floor and screamed and cursed at me to get up, but I couldn't; I couldn't even feel my butt at that point. He would punch me and hurt me in so many unnecessary ways, but hurt my sister in one way he never did to me. He would throw her in a big-restaurant-vertical-laying freezer. My dad would sit on top of the freezer so she couldn't get out. He never left her in there till the point where she would get sick, but in my opinion, nothing justifies his actions. My sister is 4 years younger than me.

I made no friends in the first grade, but I miraculously passed to the second grade. There, I was still an outcast although my English improved. I sat at the lunch table alone everyday, but one day these two boys sat at my table from my class. They asked me how I liked the school. I said, "I don't think anyone here Iikes me" then I broke down in tears knowing that people thought badly of me; and I also knew my life was way too different for me to actually understand and bond with these people. The two boys said, "well, we like you" in a sarcastic tone and left. That was second grade in a nutshell. It sucked. On came the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade and I performed better at school, speaking good English (I got pretty fluent in the 5th 6th grade) but I still did not know the norms of society. I wore track pants to school everyday and also shirts and sweaters that does not match or even makes sense. I was the weird Asian kid but I did make friends in school but I had no friends outside of school. I either stayed home by myself or went to the restaurant. I never really went out to the real world and experience true joy and fun. I first stepped into a movie theatre in 2010. I would talk to no one, all I had were the walls, and myself.

In the fourth grade, I was sent to the nurse with a small scratch/cut on my face. I didn't think it looked bad but the nurse questioned me over and over. I lied at first, but then I told them the truth. I was suddenly being pulled out of much of my classes to be interviewed by the school social worker. Then, the social worker finally talked to my parents. I knew my parents were ticked and we never really spoke of it.

The frequent hardcore abuse stopped when I got older around 6th 7th grade.

Middle school finally arrives and I start to wear jeans halfway through 7th grade, and developed a fashion sense in the 8th grade thanks to now close friends that I still hold dear to my heart today. As a middle schooler, I finally saw life outside of the confining walls of my house and the restaurant. Of course, my dad wouldn't let me do anything being the control freak that he is. He threatened to hurt me if he ever found me outside the house. As a early teen, I snuck out countless amounts of time when he was at work. My mom once drove me to my friends house (my mom and dad come from very different socioeconomic backgrounds so their social lives were very different) and my father found out. When I got home, we fought. And when my mom came home from work, they fought too. One memory that will stay with me forever is my 14th birthday. That year, alot had happened and I do admit alot of my wrongs. But that day, no one said a word to me. It was weird. Then, at the restaurant, my dad came full force and told me I didn't deserve my birthday because I was a bad kid and because of that your going to get beat. So I got beat. And add a broomstick in with that too. I vowed after that day never to celebrate my birthday.

Middle school not only fostered problems at home, but also at school. In middle school, I came out to my best friend. She always knew I was gay. But so did I. Not to sound creepy but I loved men ever since I was little back in China. Thing was, I knew it was the norm for a guy to like a girl so I never expressed it in front of anyone, plus I never knew "gay" existed, so I lived my life as a child who knew that he was interested in men and not women. My best friend always supported me through rough times. I was still in the closet in the 7th grade but people knew/guess that I was probably gay. From there, I would hear "*******" or "queer" called at me from down the hallways of school, over the internet, and even from my neighbor. Many times social media would land me in my guidance counselors office. At that young age, I accepted all that hate. Why? Because I didn't know how to defend myself, and every word hurt. My entire life I was forced to cower with no other opinion so I took the stings of homophobic slurs. Also, as a early teen, I did not want to be locked in a house or a restaurant all the time so I would have constant clashes with my dad that did not end well. I eventually slipped into a depression and everyday I had to drag myself everywhere with no motivation, I didn't feel worthy of this world. Everytime I was beaten suicidal thoughts would come to mind. I'd tell myself that my parents would be happier with me gone because obviously they're not happy with me, and of course the world didn't like me either (at least that's what my teenage mind told me). Being in a restaurant makes suicide pretty tempting, I often fantasized about cutting myself about myself dying. Me wanting to die. I could've grabbed that knife from the kitchen and ended it right there and spare myself humiliation and pain. I always thought about taking a handful of pills and ending it, but I didn't. I knew I was suffering but I would get through it every time. I wanted to die, but I knew I couldn't do that to myself and my friends (if I had taken my own life, then how could I have attended the artRave?? that show was #worthit). I absolutely love my friends, they're like family. They have supported me and help me through difficult times where I thought I was about to lose my sanity. My friends taught me more than my parents could ever have. Especially with the language barrier between my parents and I. I learned about love and friendship myself with the help of my friends. I cannot begin to explain my gratitude. My friends were all I had and they know more about me than my parents could ever know. My parents see me superficially, but they have no idea what's going side my mind and heart.

The next huge step in life for me was high school. I developed so many friendships and now have 4 close friends that I hold dear to my heart, my friends are like family to me. As an American-minded individual, I loathe the culture in my family. 3 big rotten points about traditional Chinese culture; first, your child is an investment. You want them to succeed in high paying jobs so they can make alot of money. In traditional Chinese culture, parents expect a part of your paycheck. My parents put me down and never encouraged me and always criticized me for "motivation". Second point is that your spouse is also an investment. The more money they make, the better. Marriage is seen as a requirement so many people marry for their up most benefit. Divorce is looked down upon, it just doesn't happen in Asian society. The last big point is the **family name** this stems from the ideology of Filial Piety. Everything you do if not for the individual but for the family. Also the more money you have, the more valuable you are to the family. My grandma told me of one of my uncles who cant even face his relatives because he doesn't earn alot of money. Also, if you do a wrong, you shame the entire family name. Basically, the fact that I am gay is disgraceful to the family. Most families don't even speak of homos-xuality because its so important to get married and have children to carry on the family name (boys usually preferred).

Freshman year of high school was mediocre, I still had drama from social media that followed me which led to more visits to my guidance counselor. Sophomore year was completely different. I was Unity Club leader and we spoke of tolerance and acceptance. The club attended a local gay pride parade (I went without my parents knowing of course) and I held my school flag high and proud, marching down the street. I have never felt the amount of love and acceptance I felt that day. The feeling of love emitted from the people on the sidewalks, cheering you on, brings tears to my eyes every time I think of it. Humanity can be capable of such powerful things like love, its a shame we don't see it as often anymore. So, at the pride parade, I bought a rainbow pride flag from the festival and then sadly, my mom found it in my room. She was appalled and distraught. We fought, but we both knew none of us would back down. Many nights followed where I would cry myself to sleep. And I would cry more at the restaurant when my mom would make remarks, and of course my dad found out. Its something we don't talk about. Its extremely taboo in their world. But flash toward to junior year (which was the best year of my life). I let myself go and realized that your own happiness is in your own hands and what you want to do with that is *your* choice. Hell, I was the only one that crowd surfed at prom! And did I mention that I did it a total of 3 times?? Senior year is less than a week away and hopefully this year will be even better. I've been getting so mature and now I can think for myself and defend myself. I think of myself of someone with willpower now, compared to my past. I can stand up for myself and hold my ground. I can also defend myself against my dad, who has been much less physically abusive since I'm turning 18 this December.

I feel like to this point, I don't even need to explain why Lady Gaga is my idol. She's a bad kid because her that's the way her mom and dad made her and guess what? Me too. She was born this way! Guess what? So am I and I got that tattooed on my hip. #dedication. In all seriousness, the Lady is amazing for what she has done for LGBT youth and the born this way foundation. She is an inspiration to millions and undoubtly saved many teens lives and saved them from slipping into that dark void though her active campaigning, her born this way foundation, her activism, but most importantly, her friendship with her fans. She undoubtedly treasures every one of her fans, and lets every fan know they are loved and not alone. She has an exemplary character so special, that no one can replicate. Lady Gaga has many facets and all of us can find a little Gaga within ourselves. That is the magic of Lady Gaga. I attended the artRave in buffalo and that was the first time I laid eyes on my idol. She transcends the very definition of perfection. And she also pointed at me during Venus because she spotted me smoking a joint :) It would be a dream come true if I could meet her and tell her how much I genuinely love her and how gracious I am of her; she is a woman of a thousand words and the only woman I would go straight for . I would love to meet her in person and tell her my life story (I love talking lol) and tell her how much she's such an everyday inspiration for me. I'd tell her what she does is beautiful and she needs to continue this legacy. The legacy of Mother Monster.

Just dance gonna be okay!

Lady Gaga has been one of the best artists to help others like myself, not only build their self confidence but embrace who they are. If it wasn't for her i would probably be sitting at home hiding from life, now i am happy to live it and enjoy every moment with my amazing boyfriend.

The best experience i have had was being able to meet Gaga at the Monster Hall after winning VIP tickets to her invite only concert in Sydney. 

I love Gaga because she inspired me to create again. I have been sewing since I was 12, but for a couple of years I just gave up on it and was feeling totally uninspired. Then I went to the BTWB and the next day I was already working on a new design. I love that she awoke the passion in me again to actually create something again. Plus I also love that she genuinely tried to help her fans (for example with the BTWF) and that she does take time to try to meet as many as possible - something that not all other artists do. And her music makes me want to dance. :)

lol Sorry it's crap but I have noooooooooooo time....packing for Sydney already coz leaving right after work tomorrow. :rip:

BadKidMonster

From her music, to her fashion, to her personality, to her speeches and activism.... Lady Gaga has changed my life forever. I started listening to Lady Gaga in Summer of 2009, the first song I heard was Paparazzi, I loved it, it sounded so unique! However it was not till the 2009 VMA's till I realized that she was the real deal and a force to be reckoned with. I saw Paparazzi on TV and I instantly became her biggest fan. Lady Gaga means so much, because she saved my life, I used to be so insecure, afraid and I was not very brave until I discovered Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga helped me through through so many tough times in my life, when I had a mental breakdown, self-harm, depression, bullying, suicide, and eating disorders, Lady Gaga gave me a place where I felt free, safe, brave and when I had nobody, I had her. Lady Gaga's music talked me out of suicide when my life was going so downhill. She taught me to accept who I am and others, because we were all Born This Way. Today I am brave because of her and I try to help so many people like me, because I know the feeling of being alone.

I almost feel like Lady Gaga and me being a Little Monster was just meant to be. During the worst time in my life I went to The Monster Ball in Buffalo, NY on March 4, 2011, I left the arena feeling like a whole new person, like all the insecurities and problems no longer mattered, eventually overall, life got better for me.

In 2012 I was entering high school and I was very nervous, because I was bullied. Lady Gaga and her family had assured me that everything would be alright, for my 14th birthday my parents to me to Joanne Trattoria NYC and I had met Joe, Natali & Cynthia, they all wished me a happy birthday and Cynthia had reassured me that everything would be okay at a time where I was very insecure, she had given me a bunch of resources and hope for starting and I entered in with confidence I never had, because of that. Of course Lady Gaga helped as well with the inspirational speeches from The Born This Way Ball Tour and her music from Born This Way, songs like Born This Way, Hair, The Queen & The Edge Of Glory helped me so much.

In 2013, I had seen Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball Tour on February 8, 2013 in Toronto, ON, I had camped out during a blizzard and was in the front row of the Monster Pit, Lady Gaga had looked at me and everything, which was amazing for me. After going, I was no longer afraid of people and their judgment, since then I wore what I wanted to, I did my hair how I wanted to, and I acted how I wanted to and encouraged people to do the same, I even came out to people as Bis-xual which I never imagined was possible for me.

In late 2013 I experienced severe relapse, I was doing d--gs, skipping meals + purging, cutting, and was worse than ever.... Lady Gaga's album ARTPOP saved me in so many ways, because through the music I knew somebody understood me, through ARTPOP and songs like Swine, I was brave enough to cut off most of my "friends" and I was able to get the strength to get the help I needed. I also had bought tickets for artRAVE in Toronto, which really helped me, because I had something to live for at a time where I wanted to kill myself.

In 2014 Lady Gaga had announced a tour date, it was a snow day so I had no school, when I saw that date.... my jaw dropped and I was jumping, screaming, dancing, crying and was so emotional. My dream was starting tk flourish, that date was for Buffalo, NY on July 7, 2014 @ First Niagara Center. I wanted to meet Gaga for 5 years, but in my hometown, so I bought an ARTPOP Zone ticket and Little Monster Zone tickets for family and friends, I had been saving up since my Born This Way Ball in Hamilton, ON was cancelled. My drean was finally happening, I suddenly found a motivation to get better, for her & for everyone who has been there since the begininng. I however later that year met a very kind, generous friend who I am eternally grateful to on here. His name was Kenny, he had an extra ARTPOP Zone ticket for Buffalo that his friend did not want, so he offered it to a True Little Monster, I was so happy I was considered a true fan, and so my mom was able to attend with me in the ARTPOP Zone in Buffalo and meet her with me. Since that day my mom finally saw what I saw in Lady Gaga, thank you so much Kenny!

It was July 6, 2014 (Sunday)... the day before my artRAVE in Buffalo, my dream was finally happening and I had to finish last minute stuff. I was finishing my outfit, getting highlights, a facial & candy for my new friends I was about to meet. That day I walked to the arena only to discover a few Little Monsters already there, I had stayed with them all and had the time of my life, I will never forget them, they welcomed me like family. July 7, the day was finally there I remember going backstage, I remember when she entered the room, it all hit me.... the sadness, the pain, the bullying, but what also hit me was I finally met her and she saved me. I instantly burst into tears for 5 minutes, until she looked at me and gave me the biggest smile, when she stared at me all the tears stopped, all the pain ended, I was happy in such a way that was indescribable, I finally talked to her and gave her the biggest hug of my life. I told her my story and how she saved my life, I remember her calling me "my handsome boy", I felt so safe around her. I showed her my cut scars and she showed me her's, she autographed mine. That was the end of suffering for me really. I told her that I would be in artRAVE Toronto and told her my outfit and she said she'd look for me. The next day she followed me on Twitter and my heart melted. I wad on my way to Toronto almost late for the entrance, but I made it in time and I got the best spot. During Gypsy she waved hi and blew me a kiss, I melted and was just a new person after all this, but she also gave me a whole new set of friends I coukd go to.

This is why I love Lady Gaga, she saved my life & inspired me to chase my dreams no matter what anybody says.

ibtx5qRD72BOJD.png

Awesome photo

Archived