Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Submissions: Lady Gaga Sydney wax figure redesigned - win tickets!

Admin

Featured Posts

Admin

To celebrate Lady Gaga’s artRAVE tour in Australia, Madame Tussauds Sydney have given the superstar’s wax figure its first ever re-style – and Gaga Daily is giving you an exclusive chance to win free tickets to see it!

To enter, post a short story describing why you love Lady Gaga here! You can also tell us about your experience at her shows, your favourite Gaga memories or how she changed your life – anything goes!

This topic is for submissions only! To discuss the new wax figure, click here.

maddybrooks

I have been a fan ever since fame came out. Gaga inspires me to dream, imagine and create. She has changed my life for the better. Her music is amazing and she is so talented. I have been to 2 BTWB and im going to both sydney artRAVEs. Her concerts are so fun and i meet lots of people and experience new things. Please choose me 💕

I have never met her, but I have photos with her (old) Sydney and New York wax works... And this one is definitely the best one yet.

Lady Gaga is a major influence in my life. As a dancer she has had an impact on the way I perform. As a choreographer she has affected the way I can put together routines. As a marketer she is a great example of what modern marketing is all about.

I hope this year can be my time to meet her in person. I have even taken days off work to wait outside her hotel in Sydney.

0529satsuki

I live in Tokyo in Japan.
Lady Gaga loved Japan, is a Japanophile and contributed many lot of money in case of the Great East Japan Earthquake.
Very, I was glad. I expect that Lady Gaga will visit Japan next time.

BvdzvZ-CIAAoWxK.jpg

I love her because she was the first artist in a long time that could actually sing live, and well might I add. I was 12 years old at the time I first heard her play on the piano (Pokerface @ CherryTree) and I was blown away. She made me appreciate music and look into it at such a young age. I've followed her from that very moment I heard Just Dance in the 6th grade to right now and she has influenced many decisions in my life (including getting a gaga tattoo underage) and has abled to me to broaden my spectrum when it comes to music.

From her music, to her fashion, to her personality, to her speeches and activism.... Lady Gaga has changed my life forever. I started listening to Lady Gaga in Summer of 2009, the first song I heard was Paparazzi, I loved it, it sounded so unique! However it was not till the 2009 VMA's till I realized that she was the real deal and a force to be reckoned with. I saw Paparazzi on TV and I instantly became her biggest fan. Lady Gaga means so much, because she saved my life, I used to be so insecure, afraid and I was not very brave until I discovered Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga helped me through through so many tough times in my life, when I had a mental breakdown, self-harm, depression, bullying, suicide, and eating disorders, Lady Gaga gave me a place where I felt free, safe, brave and when I had nobody, I had her. Lady Gaga's music talked me out of suicide when my life was going so downhill. She taught me to accept who I am and others, because we were all Born This Way. Today I am brave because of her and I try to help so many people like me, because I know the feeling of being alone.

I almost feel like Lady Gaga and me being a Little Monster was just meant to be. During the worst time in my life I went to The Monster Ball in Buffalo, NY on March 4, 2011, I left the arena feeling like a whole new person, like all the insecurities and problems no longer mattered, eventually overall, life got better for me.

In 2012 I was entering high school and I was very nervous, because I was bullied. Lady Gaga and her family had assured me that everything would be alright, for my 14th birthday my parents to me to Joanne Trattoria NYC and I had met Joe, Natali & Cynthia, they all wished me a happy birthday and Cynthia had reassured me that everything would be okay at a time where I was very insecure, she had given me a bunch of resources and hope for starting and I entered in with confidence I never had, because of that. Of course Lady Gaga helped as well with the inspirational speeches from The Born This Way Ball Tour and her music from Born This Way, songs like Born This Way, Hair, The Queen & The Edge Of Glory helped me so much.

In 2013, I had seen Lady Gaga's Born This Way Ball Tour on February 8, 2013 in Toronto, ON, I had camped out during a blizzard and was in the front row of the Monster Pit, Lady Gaga had looked at me and everything, which was amazing for me. After going, I was no longer afraid of people and their judgment, since then I wore what I wanted to, I did my hair how I wanted to, and I acted how I wanted to and encouraged people to do the same, I even came out to people as Bis-xual which I never imagined was possible for me.

In late 2013 I experienced severe relapse, I was doing d--gs, skipping meals + purging, cutting, and was worse than ever.... Lady Gaga's album ARTPOP saved me in so many ways, because through the music I knew somebody understood me, through ARTPOP and songs like Swine, I was brave enough to cut off most of my "friends" and I was able to get the strength to get the help I needed. I also had bought tickets for artRAVE in Toronto, which really helped me, because I had something to live for at a time where I wanted to kill myself.

In 2014 Lady Gaga had announced a tour date, it was a snow day so I had no school, when I saw that date.... my jaw dropped and I was jumping, screaming, dancing, crying and was so emotional. My dream was starting tk flourish, that date was for Buffalo, NY on July 7, 2014 @ First Niagara Center. I wanted to meet Gaga for 5 years, but in my hometown, so I bought an ARTPOP Zone ticket and Little Monster Zone tickets for family and friends, I had been saving up since my Born This Way Ball in Hamilton, ON was cancelled. My drean was finally happening, I suddenly found a motivation to get better, for her & for everyone who has been there since the begininng. I however later that year met a very kind, generous friend who I am eternally grateful to on here. His name was Kenny, he had an extra ARTPOP Zone ticket for Buffalo that his friend did not want, so he offered it to a True Little Monster, I was so happy I was considered a true fan, and so my mom was able to attend with me in the ARTPOP Zone in Buffalo and meet her with me. Since that day my mom finally saw what I saw in Lady Gaga, thank you so much Kenny!

It was July 6, 2014 (Sunday)... the day before my artRAVE in Buffalo, my dream was finally happening and I had to finish last minute stuff. I was finishing my outfit, getting highlights, a facial & candy for my new friends I was about to meet. That day I walked to the arena only to discover a few Little Monsters already there, I had stayed with them all and had the time of my life, I will never forget them, they welcomed me like family. July 7, the day was finally there I remember going backstage, I remember when she entered the room, it all hit me.... the sadness, the pain, the bullying, but what also hit me was I finally met her and she saved me. I instantly burst into tears for 5 minutes, until she looked at me and gave me the biggest smile, when she stared at me all the tears stopped, all the pain ended, I was happy in such a way that was indescribable, I finally talked to her and gave her the biggest hug of my life. I told her my story and how she saved my life, I remember her calling me "my handsome boy", I felt so safe around her. I showed her my cut scars and she showed me her's, she autographed mine. That was the end of suffering for me really. I told her that I would be in artRAVE Toronto and told her my outfit and she said she'd look for me. The next day she followed me on Twitter and my heart melted. I wad on my way to Toronto almost late for the entrance, but I made it in time and I got the best spot. During Gypsy she waved hi and blew me a kiss, I melted and was just a new person after all this, but she also gave me a whole new set of friends I coukd go to.

This is why I love Lady Gaga, she saved my life & inspired me to chase my dreams no matter what anybody says.

ibtx5qRD72BOJD.png

HausAlly

why do i love gaga?

well for few reasons. When i fell in love with Gagas music i was lost in many ways, i had been fired from my first job, i fell into a deep depression and lost myself. i had no motorvation at all i had nothing, Untill i heard and saw Gaga. i had heard a few things like pokerface and paparazzi but i didnt truly hear her untill i stumbled across this video on tumblr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HvURBhMGE

i cried upon finishing this video because i realized i was not alone. I started drawing pictures and printing photos of her and found that it was easier to live with her in my life. basicly i fell in love with her Art, no other artist could produce the marvel and fantasy like she can. Because of her i wanted to learn more about art so i enrolled in University studying Art history. Through my studys i have found happiness that i have never known and i in many ways feel i have to thank gaga.

My life has changed because gaga took the idea of art being a foolish avenue from me and she replaced it with ARTPOP, a exciting new soulful concept. She has very well changed my life for the better. and i cannot wait untill the 26th of august when i see gaga and hear ARTPOP live for the first time and then fly to Sydney just to see it again.

Through her i have made friends, i have grown and i have become a better person. Because of her i take risks i would never normally take, i would fly to another state just to see the artrave twice.

anyways i cant thank her enough all i can do is be another screaming fan in the crowed and hope she knows what she has done for me.

:pawsup: :heart:

AntwonMonster

WARNING: This entry will be a little lengthy. I'm not sure if it's appropriate to have my story included with this entry, but I have to tell it. It's the only way I can tell the fan base about my true love for gaga and how she really changed me for the better in the best way possible. Thank you for understanding. I'm not sure why gaga daily put a "Spoiler" thing on this reply, but click where it says "Show" below to read.

I have been a little monster since her Monster Ball tour, but, I've loved her music since 2009. I never went, but saw it on TV. It was ever since I saw the monster ball special on HBO with my family, that I became a verified little monster. I've always loved her music, but when I saw the monster ball special, I saw who she truly was. Her inspirational speeches, performance art, words of wisdom, and love. I remember after I watched it, I would say "MOM, WE NEED TO GO TO BEST BUY AND BUY THIS ALBUM" then every week after, I would beg for a new gaga album. I then started bombarding my whole family about gaga and they're so tired of it that they always sigh or moan out of distress whenever I talk about her 

:rofl:

I was in 8th grade when Born This Way came out. Now, I hate talking about this, but that's when the bullying started happening. I remember, I got picked on almost 3 days per week in one of my classes in 8th grade by the same two students (which I will not say any of their names or any form of identification). I'm not going to get into exactly why they did, but I was so weak back then. The teacher never did anything to make them stop. All those two students did was just try to embarrass me in front of the whole class, and most of the time, they were successful. They even started two rumors about me that I will NOT say on online. But, I cleared up those rumors in no time. They would point out my teenage acne I had at the time (I'm now going to be a senior in high school, just to let you know) and tell me what products to use in front of the whole class, and other idiotic shenanigans. I would always ask my friends for advice, but all they ALWAYS said was "Ignore them". I did as they told me and it only got worse. Worst part is, one of the bullies were in most of my classes, so I had to deal with that. That's when I learned that sometimes, just ignoring the person will not work. TAKE ACTION. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF. Tell a teacher, or tell them off yourself. Gaga taught me how to be a strong person. But, this was before Born This Way came out.

Now, I won't make this whole thing about how I got bullied, but I just need to tell you one more incident that happened that year; and tell you how Born This Way changed my life (for those of you who are getting a little tired about hearing about this, I'm sorry). One day, a few months before Born This Way came out, (still in 8th grade), I was at my locker packing up to leave. Just to let you know, the two students always planned to sabotage me. This was one of their plans. I was at my locker, then I see from the corner, both of them coming towards me. I hear them say to each other as they come to me "you ready? ok, don't be nervous. This is gonna be fun". I was starting to get a little nervous, I wanted to leave, I started rushing. The guy told me "Hey Antonio, hold on a sec. I just wanted to know how are you?". I obviously put on that fake smile, to just hide my anxiety. I replied "haha, I'm good, how are you both? :)" and they said they were good. The guy started saying "So antonio, we just wanted to tell you that this weekend you really need to like, don't take this the wrong way, but you really need to like scrub your face, haha, I'm sorry but it looked soo bad today". That's when the girl started laughing. When I heard him say that, my stomach dropped. I thought in my head, "DAMN IT, I knew they were gonna say something. God I should've just left when they came". The girl started saying "Yeah like really you need to like pop that zit right there cause it's just like ready to pop". They were both laughing hysterically. They started making snide comments about the way my face looked. I have to admit, I kinda-sort of found it funny, too. On the inside, I just wanted to burst into tears. I gave a little fake-nervous laugh that gaga had when she was thrown in the trash can. They both went on talking about my acne and giving me "friendly advice", and then they said goodbye and to "remember what they told me". And I said "I will". I then walked away with my head down, and both of them were laughing when they were leaving and the girl was saying "YES, that was so good!! You did SO WELL!!". And I hope they're happy, because what they did made that memory very memorable for me, even to this day. Including all the other little things they did to me in class.

I went back into my homeroom and was just waiting for my bus to be called so I can just run to it and go home and leave. I don't remember another time when I was holding back tears as much as this moment. My homeroom teacher was looking at me and looked like she wanted to say something but didn't feel like bothering me. My bus was called and I ran for it. I just wanted to get home and bawl my eyes out. I was VERY sensitive back in that time. I made it home and locked myself in my parent's room and bawled my eyes out and called one of my friends. They still said "Ignore them". That's all. For the following months after that, I took everything they did to me in class to complete heart. I didn't cry anymore, but I started to develop something I wish I never ever had: severe depression. It was untreated, too. My parents never believed in anti-depressants. 

I'll skip to the chase now. Born This Way came out in May 2011 of my 8th grade year. The bullying has not stopped. I bought Born This Way the FIRST day it came out at best buy and how happy I was. It changed my life. Each song had a reference to to fearlessness. Me and my brother would jam out to it and be totally obsessed with it. I felt so free. I wanted to know more about the concept. I wanted to know more about Born This Way, and the whole message behind it. Therefore, I started looking up ALL Born This Way-related promotional interviews that gaga had done to talk about the album, one of my favorites is her Google interview. When she spoke about the time she got dumped in a trash can, I immediately thought about the locker incident. I started tearing up when she was talking about it. That was when I felt truly connected with her. I just wanted to give her a huge hug and a kiss. She said "Stand up for yourself, be brave, don't let those people tear you down. You are a goddamn superstar because you were born this way, baby." And more words of wisdom that made me such a STRONGER and LESS sensitive person. 

After Born This Way came out, the depression started to dim down just a little. The two students still kinda pulled some nonsense, but guess what? I DIDN'T CARE anymore. I remember gaga would always say "Do you have the power not to care? Do you have the power to not give a ****? I was thrown in a trashcan and now I'm a worldwide sensation". Every time I got bullied, I smiled and thought "Just think what gaga told you, you're gonna live your dreams and be successful and these bullies are gonna regret everything in the future". I then entered high school and some minor stuff happened but guess what: still did not care!! :) I remember I was a freshman and someone wrote in a sharpie and on a piece of tape "FAG" and taped it to my locker. I ripped it off, threw it on the floor, and walked away. If I can do that, you can do that.

The born this way ball came around. My best friend, my brother, and I were SO EXCITED to see her live for the first time!! We just had one problem: couldn't afford tickets. It was a little upsetting but my parents told me that the only way I was gonna go to the Born This Way ball was to win tickets because money was really tight back then and the BTWBALL was SO expensive. I literally entered so many contests and did not win any of them. One day, there was this radio contest to win BTWball tickets for the Brooklyn show. I then told my mom and my brother to help us call and try to win. You had to be the 103rd caller. The lady on the radio said "When you hear the gaga song, START CALLING!! Remember, you must the 103rd caller!!". A few minutes later, Paparazzi started playing, and the three of us started dialing like no tomorrow. My mom was using her cell phone and the house phone at the same time. My brother and I were using the our cell phones, so we had 4 lines going. I was doubtful, though. Because I never win any of these. All of a sudden, my brother was like "OMG, I think I won!! OMG" and my mom and I started saying "PUT IT ON SPEAKER" and the lady was like "Hello?? YOU ARE CALLER 103!! YOU HAVE WON TICKETS TO SEE LADY GAGA AT THE BORN THIS WAY BALL AT THE BARCLAYS CENTER IN BROOKLYNN!!" My heart sunk. So did his. We were the happiest we ever were in a LONG TIME. Even my mom was screaming, she sounded more excited than I was! I will post in this post the audio of when my brother won at the end of this submission, I recorded the whole situation on my phone as it happened.

Anyway, later on, we got the devastating call from the radio station saying that there was a press release that Gaga broke her hip and cancelled the whole tour. My brother and I were absolutely devastated. Especially since gaga broke her hip, we were so worried about her. We wanted her to get better so badly. As sad as we were about the tour cancellation, we just wanted her to get better, too. The radio station felt bad and mailed us a t-shirt of their radio station as their "sorry gift". But even that didn't help. Then gaga went on a media blackout, I barely even heard from her. But I still listened to her EVERY SINGLE DAY (as I do now). I don't even remember the last day I went a whole day without listening to gaga. It's impossible. I need my daily dose of gaga every day. 

During this time, I was in 10th grade. My grandmother, who I love and miss so much, unfortunately died of cancer unexpectedly. I'm not gonna write a whole story about it because it's too hard for me and I think this story is getting too long, but I'll give you the main point of it. Gaga helped me with my grandma's passing, believe it or not. Before she died, I remember watching an interview of her talking about The Edge of Glory and how it was about how her grandpa died, it looked like he kicked life's ass and had a very happy life. And how she was on the edge of glory with him, dancing on the edge of life, celebrating how great he was. I thought of that when my grandma passed. She was such a good woman, the best one I've ever known in my life. I bet she was dancing on the edge of glory, too. (Sorry if I sound cheesy). I just remember listening to that song while she was really sick and was crying. Thinking about all the memories I had with her, but I was also crying because I'm glad my grandmother gave me the precious memories to hold forever. And I'm glad gaga's song, TEOG, made me reflect on them. Thank you, Gaga. For helping me cope with her passing. I love you both.

Two years later, ARTPOP came out. As always, Gaga never fails to impress us with yet another masterpiece. We were happy that gaga was BACK better than ever!! We were also VERY happy that gaga tried her best to make the artrave a more affordable concert. We then bought tickets. I went to the Mohegan Sun Casino artrave in Connecticut 5/10/14 and it was an absolutely amazing experience. My friend and I had decent seats, but the perfect view of her. We were dancing our asses off. I lost my voice that night, too. And I remember, when she performed swine, me and my friend were dancing so out of control that we didn't realize we were in someone else's area. We danced so much that we moved without knowing. I remember when gaga sang Born This Way acoustically, the whole arena went quiet. Then gaga paused while she was singing and the arena was still quiet. Then I thought "omg, this is my chance" and I literally screamed at the top of my lungs "GAGA TAKE ME TO PROM!!!" and EVERYONE around me was looking at me and laughing (in a friendly way). Obviously, gaga didn't hear me but I sure gave the whole 1/3 of the arena something to laugh at :)

We made so many friends and the show went by so fast. The fans are honestly the friendliest people. I remember Tara Savelo passed us while we were waiting in line and me and my best friend's hearts DROPPED. We didn't say anything to her because she was walking so fast with this body guard. I have so much more to say about the artrave but honestly it's such a long, amazing story that I would rather talk about in a separate thread. But all in all, it was absolutely amazing and I would go 100 more times if I could. 

Currently, I'm excited or gaga's new jazz album "Cheek to Cheek" and I'm so happy that she's making a jazz album. It's so beautiful and romantic and it truly shows her talent as a singer and entertainer. 

All in all, Lady Gaga has changed my life for the better. She inspired me to chase my dreams to become a film maker, to be strong, to get through any obstacle no matter what it is. She said that life gets better no matter what you go through. She was right. When I was in tenth grade, the girl that used to bully me came up to me and said she's done a lot of thinking over the years and said she was really sorry for everything she did in 8th grade. I accepted her apology, but I still don't trust her. But that's when I knew that things actually do get better. My life looks honestly very dark and gloomy when I imagine that gaga's not in it. I honestly don't know what kind of person I would've been right now if gaga never existed. The thought kind of scares me, to be honest. She also made me a more accepting person, and to work hard no matter what you go through in your life and to love yourself because you are unique and absolutely no one is like you. We were all born superstars. We were all born with something uniquely special inside of us and we need to share that and embrace that and show it. She made me realize my identity and most importantly, my destiny.

Thank you gaga, for changing my life. I don't even know what the hell I would do without you. I would do anything to meet you. Keep doing what you're doing, because you are truly blessed and you are amazing at what you do and I honestly cannot think of a better role model/superstar to look up to than you. Little monster until the coffin closes. I also hope the Gagadaily team, and all the forum members enjoyed my story. I really hope I win this, it would be a dream come true.

CLICK THIS LINK TO LISTEN TO THE MOMENT WHEN MY BROTHER WON THE GAGA TICKETS: https://soundcloud.com/antonio-germanotta-1/winning-btwball-tickets

Pic from the artrave with my best friend  :wub:  https://twitter.com/MaMaMaMONSTERRR/status/502058458431369218/photo/1

With love, 

Antonio.

P.S. You were born this way, baby.

Lana Morgana

Ever since I watched Just Dance for the first time on Channel V, I was mesmerized. She was such breath of fresh air. I never heard any of something so fresh. I know if it was released today it would be basic af, but I guess I was meant to love her. :)

The Born This Way Ball was a night I will never dare to forget. It was my first concert ever. I went to the first of the Australian leg (Brisbane June 13th) and it was the best experience ever. The castle was eyepopping. The volume of the music erupting the arena was crazy. Everything about it was amazing and perfect. I would die to see it again. Now I'm only days apart from going to the artRAVE, and who knows, maybe it will be better than the Born This Way Ball but both will go down in my category of Best Nights of My Life!  :cry:

My favourite Gaga memories would be the Born This Way Ball, watching her music videos on Youtube and on the TV, but I also love anticipating a Gaga event with fellow monsters on Twitter and on the forums. Just seeing her fresh face is so exciting. The livestreams do get a little annoying tho ;)

I am so happy that Gaga has changed my life. I'm always so excited to get home and see if something new has happened in the Gaga world. Listening to her music is like listening to no other artist. And I think that's what she aims for the most, she wants her listeners to have an experience through theirs minds and ears. The love she feels and expresses through her music and for her fans just makes me so happy. I'd love to thank Gaga, tell her how much she really fought for her dreams to come true and now look where she is, look how many lives she's changed for the better... whether that be in real life or a wax statue ;)

I am from Christchurch, New Zealand.

I LOVE Lady Gaga.

However, I am very disappointed that she is not coming to New Zealand.

Therefore me and my best friend have decided to goto Sydney to watch her on the 30th and 31st of August.

Realistically, I dont think we would be able to meet her in real life, so it would be very lovely to go and see her at the Madame T.

I love lady gaga because she is real. She is honest, genuiene, and fun. I have been to all of her 3 sold out shows in Auckland and

I cannot wait for her Sydney concert! If we win this competition, it would be an amazing part of our trip.

Thank you :)

emmajayson

I love lady gaga she is such an inspirational beautiful lady! ive loved her since she came out her music makes me happy and her born this way concert was AMAZING!! I cannot wait till I see her for the second tme on the 31st august im counting down the days!! ;)

I love Gaga for many reasons. Her music has been a big part of my life after my previous relationship almost killed me. I was different but didnt care about what people thought. Then I met my ex, who abused me for 6 years. He destroyed what I was. When I was at my worst, depressed and suicidal from such a toxic relationship, I heard Gaga while at work cleaning tables. Lyrically, I felt inspired to stand tall. I wanted to dance. For the first time in many years.

My obsession to hear and see this amazing woman sing and dance was my goal. Her music has gotten me through the hardest of times, from relationship abuse to losing my Dad, her music is what I always reach for. I cannot think of someone who has inspired me as much as she has. Ive been so much more true to myself, loved myself, loved others since her music came into my life.

One of my fondest memories, outside of her concerts, is driving on the freeway with a car load of my friends, bouncing inside, with The Fame album turned up loud and all singing.

xoxoJohnnyGaga

I have been a huge fan since the beginning of Gaga's career. She has helped me through the hardest times of my life. She makes me truly happy and inspires me from everything she does. I have never been happier then when i have seen Gaga live. Words can not describe the feeling i get when I'm at a Gaga show. So much love an positive energy around the room. Lady Gaga makes me so strong and inspires me to be the best person i could possibly be. Words can not describe how much i love her. She is my idol and has been for 6 years now.

My last Gaga show I've been to was the Born This Way Ball live in Singapore. I anticipated for the ArtRAVE to come to Singapore after 2 long years but nope :( So i decided to travel to Sydney to catch the artRAVE. AND IN 10 DAYS, GAGA IS GONNNA SLAY MY SOULLLLLLL!

I cannot begin to describe my love for Gaga. 

When she announced that she's coming to Seattle, I cried. I did. 

I bought the meet and greet tickets after saving up a little. The day of the show, two hours after starting to put my outfit together, she tweeted about her sickness with bronchitis and broke my heart.  :cry:

My flight back home (Saudi Arabia) was booked before she got sick, so I unfortunately missed the show and lost my chance of meeting her. 

This would mean the world to me, tbh. 

Archived