💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Gaga would be successful with a surprise album release

Paper Planes

Featured Posts

LORD GAGA

BEYONCE didn't have longevity, but it was a huge success. The press she got boosted her image to a godlike level basically, and since it was released under her own label she made more money off it than any other popstar makes off their album sales. 

And at this rate she's a lock to win AOTY.

Don't get me wrong, the album is good, its release strategy was not. I believe it would have had great longevity had she released it normally, and because she had all the music videos shot there would be no chance of delays or hiccups in the promotion cycle, ensuring long lasting staying power, She deserves AOTY regardless of her last album, she's had a great impact on Music over the years :)

I have no doubt Lady Gaga could easily mimic the success of Beyonce by doing a similar 'surprise' release, but i think Lady Gaga would prefer a more traditional route so the music has a bigger chance of staying around for longer. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point she'd be better off with a clean, well promoted comeback era with an amazing lead single (that doesn't leak).

Sorry Billboard,  but i prefer this a thousands times

Willy Wonka

The 'success' didn't last long though... i find it irritating, as people like to be surprised, Beyonce gave it to them all at once so there was no surprise left, leaving the album stale and cold before its time, That said it's one of my favourite albums by her... but it had no longevity.

The success lasted long enough for her to sell more albums than most artists do in an album cycle. And then go on a massive joint tour with her husband, just after finishing a tour with no supporting album.

I'd take that kind of success any day over a standard release. Especially when, as a fan, I got a video for every song.

You got sooooo much more as a fan than you would from a regular release.

And she blew up the internet.

Basically, she didn't need the longevity. At all.

LORD GAGA

The success lasted long enough for her to sell more albums than most artists do in an album cycle. And then go on a massive joint tour with her husband, just after finishing a tour with no supporting album.

I'd take that kind of success any day over a standard release. Especially when, as a fan, I got a video for every song.

I believe every artist need's longevity with their albums... because the only thing people will remember in a few years about the 'BEYONCE' album is the way it was released, not the music on it, whereas a properly promoted anticipated album release with time between each release allows people to remember it and be surprise by different elements of it rather than one big burst all at once. You are correct as a fan this type of release is amazing, and in that respect i'd love Gaga to do it, but career wise, not so much, just my thoughts tho.

Paper Planes

This type of release IS NOT GOOD. It DID NOT work for Beyonce so i don't know why they would want other artists to do it... it has a 'flash in the pan' success that lasts a couple of weeks then dies because we've seen it all... after the initial hype from Beyonce's album people didn't care, the singles didn't sell and it plummeted. I never want to see Lady Gaga do this.

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here, but it worked very well for BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â©. The singles may not have sold, but that's because so many people bought the album in full upon release. Minus Drunk in Love, which was picked up here in the US quite heavily by radio, the rest of the singles have been great viral successes. And in today's world, being a viral success is just as viable as a radio success. BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â© doesn't really need longevity either way; nobody just forgets about an artist as prominent as BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â©.

delete it fat

Battle 4 Ur Life

no lies were told. I hope she sees this, especially the "highly visual artist" part.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Paper Planes

Didn't even flip over to page two before typing my post and we literally had the same train of thought here :laughga:

delete it fat

LORD GAGA

I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here, but it worked very well for BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â©. The singles may not have sold, but that's because so many people bought the album in full upon release. Minus Drunk in Love, which was picked up here in the US quite heavily by radio, the rest of the singles have been great viral successes. And in today's world, being a viral success is just as viable as a radio success. BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â© doesn't really need longevity either way; nobody just forgets about an artist as prominent as BeyoncĂƒÆ’Â©.

I have no doubt that people won't forget her... that album however is a different story, but as long as people enjoyed it thats what counts. I personally prefer a bit more longevity for albums i buy, though as a fan i can see why its nice to get it all at once lol :whitney:

DanielKCarey

The music needs to speak for itself before we get visuals.

:golfclap:

artRAVE ‱ Cheek To Cheek: LIVE! ‱ Dive Bar Tour ‱ Joanne World Tour ‱ ENIGMA ‱ The Chromatica Ball

I think a proper release would be best for Gaga now. Beyonce did have major success with it, but Gaga is not Beyonce. Beyonce didn't have much longevity with it, and Gaga needs that in her next album

Stephen

This type of release IS NOT GOOD. It DID NOT work for Beyonce so i don't know why they would want other artists to do it... it has a 'flash in the pan' success that lasts a couple of weeks then dies because we've seen it all... after the initial hype from Beyonce's album people didn't care, the singles didn't sell and it plummeted. I never want to see Lady Gaga do this.

I think it could work if it's a surprise album release, with only the lead singles's music video. That way the hype for the other music videos will continue as the singles roll out.

LORD GAGA

I think it could work if it's a surprise album release, with only the lead singles's music video. That way the hype for the other music videos will continue as the singles roll out.

This would be a much better idea, but definitely not all at once, that takes the excitement out of the whole thing lol

Archived