Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Did the theme let ARTPOP down?

Rollercoaster

Featured Posts

Tropico

Taking inspiration from artists is not ARTPOP, you cannot simply put a picture of the Mona Lisa onto a piece of fabric and call it ARTPOP if so then a majority of artists that reference past art put ART into POP. Isn't it then fair to say Katy successfully pulled of what you class as ARTPOP in her latest video This Is How We Do? She incorporated PopArt, culture and took influence of past artists? :awkney:

Lets please keep it 100, she attempted to convey this message however it did not pull-off, I believe she really did have some great ideas,; the original VMA performance that never was seemed like she knew the direction she wanted to go in but sadly couldn't.

Attempting to belittle me because I do not believe in the concept , or lack of, of ARTPOP speaks wonders for this fan base and the messages Gaga preaches. ;)

Taking inspiration doesn't mean it's unoriginal. :awkney: Accoruding to your logic then every artist in history who has taken inspiration from one thing or another (which would be everyone) is unoriginal and there is no art? :awkney:

And the Mona Lise shirt wasn't the only example given. How about the Koons Statue is which Gaga actually became the art? How about the art she created and shared? How about the pop icon who was made art in the Louvre? That is ARTPOP.

And don't even comapre Gaga's entire ARTPOP mission to Katy's short this is how we do video. That seemed more like a joke directed at Gaga than anything else.

And you asked where was the art? I just showed you where the art was.

And no one's trying to belittle anyone. And since when does one fan represent the entire fanbase? :awkney:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tropico

So wheres the art she put in them? In the artrave? Nope. Anywhere else? Nope...

Gaga in a way has been doing ARTPOP her entire career. Everybody who actually looks at stuff carefully instead of wanting Gaga to point out everything by saying for example "this song is about the fear of s-x" would notice this. She ackowledges this and has now made ARTPOP her main focus. She said ARTPOP is a celebration for her career and this was stated in an interview and the press release. So ARTPOP being a celebration makes the artRAVE so suitable. It's a fun huge party.

And did Gaga reinforce the concept of all her albums into everything she did? Hmm? Because I don't remember every single performance of Bad Romance relating to fear or The Fame Ball being about inner fame and knowing you can be famous nor do I remember any self-acceptance in You and I video but yet you only seem to think that there has to be art in everything relating to ARTPOP... Hmm sounds bias if you ask me.

Tropico

So wheres the art she put in them? In the artrave? Nope. Anywhere else? Nope...

And are you seriously gonna play the ignorance game by asking where the art is in the pop? Seriously?

One example instantly comes to mind:

gaga-nathanlego.jpg

Oh and I already sense the "copying art doesn't make it art!!1!1!" Comment coming. :awkney:

Tommy Monster

ARTPOP also has the theme of self-acceptance and acctually it's better written than BTW... Because it's not so forced, not so obvious, it's in better metaphors and more artistic :yes:

mcphee

OMFG SERIOUSLY? :fail:

People who say ARTPOP doesn't have a theme. :roll:

The theme is SO CLEAR..m puting ART into POP. PERIOD.

She's said it ALL along. She even had a bloody instragram post to explain it AGAIN for the 666 TIME! :sick:

EDIT: Even the very first major performance of the era was a clear indication of the theme.

MTE

I'm sick of people moaning about the concept of ARTPOP when it's been clear for so long. I understood it instantly. I seriously don't see what is so difficult to understand tbh.

The theme of ARTPOP is probably more intense than ANY of her past albums. It works its way into every aspect of her being, as it has done for all era's. ARTPOP as a concept is loose, it could mean multiple things, but it is very easy to understand. If you put the effort into understanding it, that is.

Rollercoaster

And are you seriously gonna play the ignorance game by asking where the art is in the pop? Seriously?

One example instantly comes to mind:gaga-nathanlego.jpg

Oh and I already sense the "copying art doesn't make it art!!1!1!" Comment coming. :awkney:

So... where's MANiCURE etc? Literally no ARTPOP in most of the album. I didnt ask you about GUY I asked about the other tracks.

Then you backtracked - theyre a celebration! Brilliant, but dont pretend theyre ARTPOP if theyre not.

My point is that with tracks that arent referencing art, or that havent got videos with art visuals, theres no ARTPOP in them at all. So why pretend?

Tbh I don't really care what theme an album has, as long as I like the music, and I wonder if casual fans really care so much either? Like I was a casual fan during TFM and if you had asked me what theme the album had I would have shrugged.

Bradley

ARTPOP is about creativity and artistic revolution in music...

it's so obvious that it got you confused.

So... where's MANiCURE etc? Literally no ARTPOP in most of the album. I didnt ask you about GUY I asked about the other tracks.

Then you backtracked - theyre a celebration! Brilliant, but dont pretend theyre ARTPOP if theyre not.

My point is that with tracks that arent referencing art, or that havent got videos with art visuals, theres no ARTPOP in them at all. So why pretend?

I'm sorry, but of course you're not specifically going to "see" art with every song because not every song has a video clip. I don't think you can break down the album into "well each song needs to have art connected with it". It doesn't work that way.

Jenniferella

The theme ? What theme ? 

MANiCURE, Donatella, Swine, Gypsy, Dope...there's nothing artsy in those songs. They're just...pop songs

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Tropico

My point is that with tracks that arent referencing art, or that havent got videos with art visuals, thres no ARTPOP in them at all. So why pretend?

Oh so you're picking songs which weren't singles and got little promotion? Hmm... Bias.

And if we're gonna pick what do Love Game, Brown Eyes and I Like It Rough have to do with feeling famous.

And the era ARTPOP. It's not pretending to be because it is and I have given multiple exampls as to how it is.

Everyone just likes to try find flaws in ARTPOP which the other albums have to because it underperformed.

Had EVERY song like Gaga intended had oppurtunities to have their own eras then ARTPOP would be more obvious but a lot of the songs were part of ARTPOP.

And let's not forget the era as well.

AyaKara

I loved and understood the theme of ARTPOP, I think the music didn't match up to it. It would have been a great album had it not been based around the ARTPOP idea (to me).

Tropico

The theme ? What theme ?

MANiCURE, Donatella, Swine, Gypsy, Dope...there's nothing artsy in those songs. They're just...pop songs

The fact that you said artsy already makes your point less respectable. :awkney:

And I diagree. Swine got the ARTPOP treatment. Puting art into pop. See: sxsw.

And not every song got the treatment. The theme is puting art into pop and the album was the pop and the base of the concept. So of course just like every other freaking album she's released (oh but of course let's not say anything about the albums which slayed the charts) not everysong will have a chance to show the theme.

Lack of theme

Lack of sonic cohension

Annoying vocals (badly edited) in some songs (Swine, Gypsy, Venus, ARTPOP...). I think the only songs where her voice really shines are Do What U Want, Sexxx Dreams, Dope, Aura demo.

Archived