💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Did the theme let ARTPOP down?

Rollercoaster

Featured Posts

eifulien

Sexxx dreams, MANiCURE etc... theres no art in that pop. You cant just say it to make it true lmao...

But she's said that the music has nothing to do - the music only expresses part of the whole ARTPOP - the music is just a party (but what a party it is!) - it's a celebration of her realization as an artist. I've said it before and I'll say it again - ARTPOP is a celebration of her artistry, oh her creativity and just gives a name to what she's been doing for years now with TF/TFM and BTW.  :shrug:

I'm quoting her here from a video: ''This album is a celebration. My pain exploding in electronic music. It's heavy but after I listen  to it. I feel happy again. I feel lighter.''  :legend:

Also have a look at this tweet: https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/408172930766360576 (offtopic how do I embed tweets?)

So an interesting interpretation I have about the difference between BTW and ARTPOP is connected to this tweet.

While, Born This Way was quite preachy - like ''You are, you should, Don't'' and so on are common lyrics - BTW was telling you who you are, what you should do etc.(self-empowerment) ARTPOP is exactly the opposite - Gaga isn't saying what, who - she's doing it, she's showing, she's acting. Which is exactly what the white canvas are about - after you've completed your self -realization and know who you are. The time has come to be THIS, prove it and show it to the world -you're free! You start creating, you're telling the world what it is, and who you are.

:yes:

OK, you can call it overthinking, overlooking into it, or even a clinical case and call 112 but I believe it and I follow it. It's very personal but ARTPOP has saved my life, has prevented me from doing stupid things when I was really down. And has healed me. I started believing more inmyself after it and I'll always be grateful to Gaga for it. And I'll never stop defending it!  :queenga:  :monsterpaw:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People don't care about the theme/concept of an album, just about the music :awkney:

Stop trying so hard because most of the albums that sell well don't have a theme

Rollercoaster

But she's said that the music has nothing to do - the music only expresses part of the whole ARTPOP - the music is just a party (but what a party it is!) - it's a celebration of her realization as an artist. I've said it before and I'll say it again - ARTPOP is a celebration of her artistry, oh her creativity and just gives a name to what she's been doing for years now with TF/TFM and BTW.  :shrug:

I'm quoting her here from a video: ''This album is a celebration. My pain exploding in electronic music. It's heavy but after I listen  to it. I feel happy again. I feel lighter.''  :legend:

Also have a look at this tweet: https://twitter.com/ladygaga/status/408172930766360576 (offtopic how do I embed tweets?)

So an interesting interpretation I have about the difference between BTW and ARTPOP is connected to this tweet.

While, Born This Way was quite preachy - like ''You are, you should, Don't'' and so on are common lyrics - BTW was telling you who you are, what you should do etc.(self-empowerment) ARTPOP is exactly the opposite - Gaga isn't saying what, who - she's doing it, she's showing, she's acting. Which is exactly what the white canvas are about - after you've completed your self -realization and know who you are. The time has come to be THIS, prove it and show it to the world -you're free! You start creating, you're telling the world what it is, and who you are.

:yes:

OK, you can call it overthinking, overlooking into it, or even a clinical case and call 112 but I believe it and I follow it. It's very personal but ARTPOP has saved my life, has prevented me from doing stupid things when I was really down. And has healed me. I started believing more inmyself after it and I'll always be grateful to Gaga for it. And I'll never stop defending it!  :queenga:  :monsterpaw:

So its not in the music, and not in the visuals... then what qualifies it as ARTPOP? She said its not by saying its just a party song pretty much...

Thats my point. Its got tracks crowbarred in that werent ever meant to be.

eifulien

I agree... as an album it really flows. 

BTW is my favourite album but I think that the track listing is really choppy and doesn't have a consistent energy. 

Born this way is also a masterpiece but I guess the tracklisting could have been ordered better. And it's actually it being overambitious (let's admit it BTW is way too good for it's own sake, too many themes, too many powers in it. Quite dark and controversial.)  :legend:  :wub:

SlaeUrAnus

I was thinking the same thing. Although, there are many different interpretations of the album.

In my messy era.

eifulien

So its not in the music, and not in the visuals... then what qualifies it as ARTPOP? She said its not by saying its just a party song pretty much...

Thats my point. Its got tracks crowbarred in that werent ever meant to be.

Why not in the visuals? Applause, G.U.Y. videos and her thousands of different looks were exactly ARTPOP - what ARTPOPblogger just explained in his posts.  :huh:  :shrug:

Dominic

I agree, and to say it's about putting ART into POP? Where is the ART? :awkney:

She makes pop culture references but so do a majority of every other artist. This is my only criticism about the album, Gaga states it is about them two belonging together but I just do not see how , I don't think she even does at times.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

HausOfGuy

i think the app was supposed to be a huge part of the era, so maybe the app was gonna fill some of the gaps found in the era

Tropico

Lol alejandro? "Just let me go" "I cant be with you like this anymore" ""you know that I love you boy/at this point ive got to choose" "dont call my name" its pretty obvious.

Repeating that she put art into pop music doesnt make it true. Some performances, yes. Some videos and some tracks... but it isnt even most of the album let alone all of it.

Why are you getting aggressive?

Oh so Gaga sings about having relationship problems? Does that mean Taylor Swift always writes about the fear of s-x? :awkney: It's a catchy love song. Doesn't seem very fear-y (for lack of a better word). :awkney:

And all... ALL of the era was about art and pop together. And the album is the pop. She wasn't given an oppurtunity to completely be free but with the entire era she put art into her pop.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

I agree, and to say it's about putting ART into POP? Where is the ART? :awkney:

She makes pop culture references but so do a majority of every other artist. This is my only criticism about the album, Gaga states it is about them two belonging together but I just do not see how , I don't think she even does at times.

Where is the art? :awkney: :awkney: :awkney:

If you don't know then you must have only started paying attention in the era a few days ago.

Here is a thread I made specifically for when people ask such... Umm... Silly to be kind... Questions

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-artpop-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

Sugarfall

:blehga: this again

I was not unhappy with it, imo it had a nice theme even though it doesnt touch all songs.

And none of Gagas albums have had all songs being about the said theme. You and I isn't about self acceptance, Telephone isn't about the fear of suffocation. It was originally a Britney song, it's a fun song for the dance floor.  And TF had so many songs that didn't match the fame theme. 

And many great albums havent had a theme at all.

Rollercoaster

Point out the art in MANiCURE, s-xxx dreams, Jewels N' Drugs etc. Prove me wrong.

Dominic

Where is the art? :awkney: :awkney: :awkney:

If you don't know then you must have only started paying attention in the era a few days ago.

Here is a thread I made specifically for when people ask such... Umm... Silly to be kind... Questions

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/110697-era-recap-how-gaga-managed-to-bring-ARTPOP-to-life-she-succeded/?fromsearch=1

Taking inspiration from artists is not ARTPOP, you cannot simply put a picture of the Mona Lisa onto a piece of fabric and call it ARTPOP if so then a majority of artists that reference past art put ART into POP. Isn't it then fair to say Katy successfully pulled of what you class as ARTPOP in her latest video This Is How We Do? She incorporated PopArt, culture and took influence of past artists? :awkney:

Lets please keep it 100, she attempted to convey this message however it did not pull-off, I believe she really did have some great ideas,; the original VMA performance that never was seemed like she knew the direction she wanted to go in but sadly couldn't.

Attempting to belittle me because I do not believe in the concept , or lack of, of ARTPOP speaks wonders for this fan base and the messages Gaga preaches. ;)

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Tropico

Point out the art in MANiCURE, s-xxx dreams, Jewels N' Drugs etc. Prove me wrong.

Wow. :awkney:

I swear I've said it more than 3 times now, haven't I? The music is apart of ARTPOP. That is the POP part of the concept. The MUSIC. And then she puts art INTO the pop.

Like how she put art INTO the POP music video.

Is that clear enough? :awkney:

Rollercoaster

Wow. :awkney:

I swear I've said it more than 3 times now, haven't I? The music is apart of ARTPOP. That is the POP part of the concept. The MUSIC. And then she puts art INTO the pop.

Like how she put art INTO the POP music video.

Is that clear enough? :awkney:

So wheres the art she put in them? In the artrave? Nope. Anywhere else? Nope...

Archived