Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2009 VMAs: This has bothered me forever

Gagz

Featured Posts

It has always bothered me where the rope comes from and how she managed not to blink when she's got fake blood in her eye

I've always wondered how she managed to not blink too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that bothers me most about the performance is the ridiculous AutoTune on her mic :rip:

She clearly didn't lip-sync, but I was always wondering..is it possible to have Auto tune when singing live (like it processes the vocals instantly)? 

Example: DWUW on Alan Carr, she was singing live, but it did sound like a processed voice

I've always wondered how she managed to not blink too.

I always assumed the dancers put in red contacts on her right before, when they are crowding around her and she's hidden  :confused:

I always assumed the dancers put in red contacts on her right before, when they are crowding around her and she's hidden :confused:

Possible :shrug:

She clearly didn't lip-sync, but I was always wondering..is it possible to have Auto tune when singing live (like it processes the vocals instantly)? 

Example: DWUW on Alan Carr, she was singing live, but it did sound like a processed voice

Yes, that is very possible. :yes: And it's done quite often. 

It works the same way you can play a distorted electric guitar live through an amp without there being any delay. Even on your laptop and a pair of headphones, you can sing into the mic and listen in real time to the autotuned output.

I think it was perfectly time, the blood comes from inside the outfit so it takes time to be visible/dripping down her stomach, but if that was a real shot she would have felt it before it was completely visible, just like in the performance

Harry

There isn't any autotune, can you give examples of seconds where autotune is present?

Yes there is, the whole way through.

Yeah, definitely! A lot of award shows do it, it's not the artist's choice. See Gaga's Speechless performance at AMAs 2009 for an ever better example than this.

I remember there's a video from a fan that recorded the VMA performance live, and you can't hear any AutoTune on it, so it was just MTV adding it for the broadcast.

Microscope

What bothers me more is how there's blood ON her eye at the end. Like, unless she's wearing contacts or something...

Take my hand. Stay, Joanne.

There isn't any autotune, can you give examples of seconds where autotune is present?

From start to end. You can notice it especially on the mic feed. 

The reverb sounded weird on Alan Carr

She doesn't even look down til it's already all over her stomach.

But I love this performance so much. :worship: never change Gags.

Glamourpuss

The thing that bothers me most about the performance is the ridiculous AutoTune on her mic :rip:

It bugs me too! Its unnecessary.

Archived