💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2009 VMAs: This has bothered me forever

Gagz

Featured Posts

MonsterRocket

Nope. She rubbed the blood in her eye and on her face as she was raised into the air on the rope.

Gaga said it was special blood that doesn't hurt your eyes and she was actually upset there wasn't MORE blood in her eye at the end. Someone asked about it in an interview.

There is autotune and yeah go listen to the acapella, you can hear the autotune even better. Especially the last chorus where she is crying, she goes out of key and you can hear the autotune fixing it.

I don't get it yet. How can you tell she went out of key if the autotune actually fixed it? I mean, what tells she's using autotune really? I can hear her breath, the way she roughly hits high notes and even minor 'errors' (as she's dancing at the same time). Where's exactly that correction? 

I LOVE this performance to death. Still my favorite. But if you look at the fan filmed video, you can clearly tell that her voice was auto-tuned in the telecast. It's most audible in the 3rd chorus especially.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giT9jIbAajA

I don't think there's a difference.

You can't compare the high audio quality of the hd video to an audience fan made- cam-video though. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nativenewyorker

I don't get it yet. How can you tell she went out of key if the autotune actually fixed it? I mean, what tells she's using autotune really? I can hear her breath, the way she roughly hits high notes and even minor 'errors' (as she's dancing at the same time). Where's exactly that correction?

Autotune has a really sharp metallic sound if the singer is out of key and doesn't sound natural. That's how you can tell. It's not really up for dispute, it's a fact we've known for quite some time that the vocals are autotuned.. not sure how you don't hear it.

Autotune has a really sharp metallic sound if the singer is out of key and doesn't sound natural. That's how you can tell. It's not really up for dispute, it's a fact we've known for quite some time that the vocals are autotuned.. not sure how you don't hear it.

This.

MonsterRocket

Yes, it is. Just because some people say there's autotune doesn't mean it is a fact. As me, there are lots of people that think there's no autotune, so... Also, let's got deeper. What would be the reason for her to use it? She can hit those notes. We've seen that in so many performances during her career. Why didn't she use autotune those ocassions then? She would sing and danceher ass of every night in the Monster Ball-2 hour long show, and didn't use autotune. It just doesn't have any sense.

Judas Oyster

I think it is just on time. She HAS do have noticed the "blood" running down on her skin, that's when she checked. Maybe she was nervous, or stressed because this performance needed the perfect timing and was really quick in terms of many things happening right after each other :P My favorite performance of her <3

Has anyone else noticed has (I think) she got a "blood" eye??? I think it's amazing if it really is. I can't tell bc of the quality but it does look like that for me. So she has to put on that while everything was happening, and really fast too!

It's perfect. Her early (realistic) reaction makes the actual blood pouring out much more effective, because at first view, you immediately get the sense that something's wrong or that she's in pain.

Judas Oyster

It has always bothered me where the rope comes from and how she managed not to blink when she's got fake blood in her eye

I have always thought it was red colored contact lense, and how amazing it was that she managed to put on that while performing, but it seems always impossible too. But who knows?

Yes, it is. Just because some people say there's autotune doesn't mean it is a fact. As me, there are lots of people that think there's no autotune, so... Also, let's got deeper. What would be the reason for her to use it? She can hit those notes. We've seen that in so many performances during her career. Why didn't she use autotune those ocassions then? She would sing and danceher ass of every night in the Monster Ball-2 hour long show, and didn't use autotune. It just doesn't have any sense.

Count me in

nativenewyorker

MTV added the autotune not Gaga. I'm just gonna assume you've never worked with pitch correction before and can't hear it.

Dangerous Man

Lol, still an iconic performance.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

monsterdreams

It's flawless

There can be no other opinion on this performance

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Archived