Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Now that the ARTPOP Era is probably over... (a thought)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

My Little Phoney

those are two REALLY AWFUL counter-examples considering JoJo isn't even relevant to the GP anymore (literally the only songs people remember are Too Little Too Late and Leave (Get Out) ...aside from that when is the last time you ever heard JoJo on the radio... no shade against her personally cause she's extremely talented) ...also Christina is a guest judge on a singing competition... that is the type of gig b-listers or soon-to-be b-listers do to keep their career mildly relevant in commercial success terms... I'll ask again... when have you heard a Christina song that caught on, on the radio?  sure Your Body did 'decently' but it was very short lived and not anywhere even near a smash, and we all know how LOTUS went over...I am in NO WAY saying that I agree with the poster cause I DO NOT by any means think ARTPOP even closely qualifies for the "worst era ever by a popstar" and I DO think she can bounce back if she stops recording albums full of karaoke tracks that are behind trends...  but those two examples just make her chances of doing so, look soooo much worse  :smh:  :laughga:

I only used them to prove that 'worst era is from any popstar ever' is a huge overstatement, and you just agreed with me.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

Lol ARTPOP has soul. Just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean that others don't see it.

:applause:   I think it's her greatest album.  And artRAVE is totally amazing.  And there are many great performances of songs during the era, which is far from over.  I use this as the Gypsy single ... it slays beyond all words:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzkhps_2Fns

I live outside the space time continuum.

destructivelove

I only used them to prove that 'worst era is from any popstar ever' is a huge overstatement, and you just agreed with me.

ohhhhh my bad... i get what you meant now... im just tired lol    but yes two AWFUL eras  i agree  gaga doesnt even come close

AlbiCalderone

I think we still have chances to get Gypsy as a single. The tour is ending on november 24th, but Live Nation is already teasing the tour on youtube with some phootage from the show and from backstage. This makes me think that an ARTPOP Ball dvd is on its way already! I alo think the dvd will be released in early december, right before Christmas, it would be a smart choice from gaga and from interscope to release Gypsy with a music video made of tour videos, and maybe some terry documentary's phootage. Gypsy video would turn into a trailer for the tour dvd and for the documentary, and it would get some promo for ARTPOP and, esposing Gaga, it would indirectly promote Cheek To Cheek to. That's why I still have hopes for Gypsy. ARTPOP Era is not over yet. I think of C2C just as a parallel era.

Why am I not working for Interscope yet.

My Little Phoney

ohhhhh my bad... i get what you meant now... im just tired lol    but yes two AWFUL eras  i agree  gaga doesnt even come close

that's alright  ;)

GagaDragon

I don't feel the same way at all and stating your opinion as if it were a fact is quite dumb, no offense.

Lol so i don't add a "imo" and now it's dumb, my opinion is more correct than yours anyway.

LittleBoot

Besides... This era had a lot more than Britney Jean era for example.

I actually have a hard time seeing Britney Jean as even being an era. She really didn't give a sh** and I love her for it  :toofunny:  :dies:

My Little Phoney

Lol so i don't add a "imo" and now it's dumb, my opinion is more correct than yours anyway.

What you're saying is practically impossible. Go get educated.

GagaDragon

What you're saying is practically impossible. Go get educated.

What are you even on about? actually don't bother replying

My Little Phoney

What are you even on about? actually don't bother replying

Don't tell me what do...

eifulien

Plus, Aura was THE opening of the whole era, app and everything-a included.

It is clear that Venus is a central element and theme for the Artrave too, with ARTPOP (the song) being somehow a counterpart to the song, musically wise, to me they connect by being tne opposite. The sonic landscape and especially the dynamics of the album are the best for me, but truly an Aura start would have smashed and allow the milestones songs from the album (Venus, ARTPOP, Gypsy) to have the resonance they deserve and have their own imagery and videos to fullfill the art plus pop statement.

Aura not being the first single was the first shame in my opinion.

Then Venus was the biggest wasted single ever in her careet till now together with Dance in the dark and Electric chapel (and and and,) and I bet she thinks it this way too.

But if you look at the Artrave you can see that she is happy that it became a fan favourite. And fans love it and feel the energy. I completely agree with the OP

This, this & THIS OMG!  :excited2:  :hug:

Aura>>Venus>>ARTPOP>>Applause>>Gypsy seems like a fully conceptually-realized ARTPOP with 5 videos!  :legend:  :wub:  :flutter:

Cool off babe, I haven't even seen to tour yet.

AND REALLY!? Let's be honest, as long as she does a big ass world arena tour I don't care about the rest. 

CookieHWilson

This, this & THIS OMG!  :excited2:  :hug:

Aura>>Venus>>ARTPOP>>Applause>>Gypsy seems like a fully conceptually-realized ARTPOP with 5 videos!  :legend:  :wub:  :flutter:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Maleficent

She disappointed me with ARTPOP (I mean the WHOLE thing), I'm not even expecting anything more from her at this point. 

It's her career, I don't care 

Archived