Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Now that the ARTPOP Era is probably over... (a thought)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Slayer

the singles should've been: Aura - Venus - DWUW - Gypsy /END

I'd switch around Venus and DWUW, but I agree with the single choices. These are the best songs on the album, in my opinion. 

ARTPOP had a lot of potential, but I think Applause kind of screwed it over from the start. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without being harsh - just honest it can be safely said that this era was huge mess and was hard to enjoy. Ever since TF till BTW there was that magical atmosphere around everything Gaga was doing. Now ARTPOP era was just plain boring and wasted so much good ideas and material. Maybe she will treat it as a lesson.

GagaXCupcakke

All I want is the DWUW video and a studio version of Partynausous.  Then the ARTPOP era can end.  

CookieHWilson

And a lot of time has passed since the release of the album I now underswtand what I trule wanted from that Era that didn't happen. I know what I truly wanted to have from this Era, not for commercial success but from a music standpoint. I also wanted Gypsy to become a single to get the success like many others and I also wanted the DWUW video but now I realise what I truly miss from this Era that we didn't get and that is a Venus single and era. For me Venus, Aura, Applause and ARTPOP are the soul of the album and we only got Applause as a single. I think that Venus would be a very important part of Gaga's singles dscography and impact and now I think that it's an important loss. It's not about sales or success, it's about what the song means for ARTPOP. I understand that many loved DWUW as a single and that with a video the song would have done amazing, probably better than Applause but the song is not a very imprtant part of the album. Thge second single shoud have been Venus and Venus is what I truly miss. I think that next time we shoulde not sucrifice such moments for commercial success.

Same thoughts exactly!

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

lairofhk

The fact that Venus did not get its own video is an actual abomination. Like...wow. Sad.

CookieHWilson

Plus, Aura was THE opening of the whole era, app and everything-a included.

It is clear that Venus is a central element and theme for the Artrave too, with ARTPOP (the song) being somehow a counterpart to the song, musically wise, to me they connect by being tne opposite. The sonic landscape and especially the dynamics of the album are the best for me, but truly an Aura start would have smashed and allow the milestones songs from the album (Venus, ARTPOP, Gypsy) to have the resonance they deserve and have their own imagery and videos to fullfill the art plus pop statement.

Aura not being the first single was the first shame in my opinion.

Then Venus was the biggest wasted single ever in her careet till now together with Dance in the dark and Electric chapel (and and and,) and I bet she thinks it this way too.

But if you look at the Artrave you can see that she is happy that it became a fan favourite. And fans love it and feel the energy. I completely agree with the OP

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Slade

Looking back, I agree. I love Do What U Want, but I think the Venus single era would've been her best single era yet, just based on artistry not the charts. I mean just LOOK at the single covers...that should've been able to flourish. That was beautiful and brilliant. It probably would've been one of her best videos to date considering how passionate she was about the song.

And like someone said, as much as I love Applause, I think the era should've started off with a surprise release of Aura. It may not be 100% radio-friendly, but that's her best and catchiest chorus to date and that might've propelled it to be a big hit, maybe even go #1 with all of the hype (based on her breaking to Google search record she Aura first leaked).

the singles should've been: Aura - Venus - DWUW - Gypsy /END

100% agree. Maybe throw in Applause after Gypsy just because it's such an ear worm.

My Little Phoney

This is Lady Gaga we are talking about here, JoJo and Christina can't be compared as they have nothing on Gaga.

This era was just horrible, i tried for weeks to convince myself i liked the music but nope i just couldn't like it. Her other albums were so captivating and you could feel how much ****ing work Gaga put into them.

I listen to ARTPOP and it has no soul, it's empty, it feels like it was thrown together as a rushed project which is ridiculous considering how long she had. Her next album needs to be amazing or else she'll become the next Cyndi Lauper.

I don't feel the same way at all and stating your opinion as if it were a fact is quite dumb, no offense.

Slade

Lol ARTPOP has soul. Just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean that others don't see it.

:tea: :tea:  :tea:

Emvee

Without being harsh - just honest it can be safely said that this era was huge mess and was hard to enjoy. Ever since TF till BTW there was that magical atmosphere around everything Gaga was doing. Now ARTPOP era was just plain boring and wasted so much good ideas and material. Maybe she will treat it as a lesson.

People thought the BTW era was messy and hoped she'd learn from that.

There's so much hindsight bias on this website it's ridiculous.

That goes for Venus too. Had it been the 2nd single and flopped (which it most likely would have) nobody would be fantasizing about it being the "soul of ARTPOP." Y'all would be dragging it like you do G.U.Y. and like y'all dragged MTN in 2012.

People thought the BTW era was messy and hoped she'd learn from that.

There's so much hindsight bias on this website it's ridiculous.

That goes for Venus too. Had it been the 2nd single and flopped (which it most likely would have) nobody would be fantasizing about it being the "soul of ARTPOP." Y'all would be dragging it like you do G.U.Y. and like y'all dragged MTN in 2012.

The only messy thing about BTW were single choices and their release kinda. Everything else was on point, which made BTW era more interesting than ARTPOP, even though BTW has worse music imho.

So don't be so fast with your conclusions.

SummerGirl21

I actually agree with the OP (althought ARTPOP is not really on my favorites list)

Venus definitely should have been a single. 

destructivelove

Have a look at JoJo's career, or Bionic by XTina (the tour got canceled and everything), ARTPOP wasn't perfect and Gaga knows that, but your statement is a bit harsh.

those are two REALLY AWFUL counter-examples considering JoJo isn't even relevant to the GP anymore (literally the only songs people remember are Too Little Too Late and Leave (Get Out) ...aside from that when is the last time you ever heard JoJo on the radio... no shade against her personally cause she's extremely talented) ...also Christina is a guest judge on a singing competition... that is the type of gig b-listers or soon-to-be b-listers do to keep their career mildly relevant in commercial success terms... I'll ask again... when have you heard a Christina song that caught on, on the radio?  sure Your Body did 'decently' but it was very short lived and not anywhere even near a smash, and we all know how LOTUS went over...I am in NO WAY saying that I agree with the poster cause I DO NOT by any means think ARTPOP even closely qualifies for the "worst era ever by a popstar" and I DO think she can bounce back if she stops recording albums full of karaoke tracks that are behind trends...  but those two examples just make her chances of doing so, look soooo much worse  :smh:  :laughga:

VforVendetta

Applause as a fist single was the ideal choice, get over it guys. It's one of Gaga's best songs ever.

Archived