💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Now that the ARTPOP Era is probably over... (a thought)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

And a lot of time has passed since the release of the album I now underswtand what I trule wanted from that Era that didn't happen. I know what I truly wanted to have from this Era, not for commercial success but from a music standpoint. I also wanted Gypsy to become a single to get the success like many others and I also wanted the DWUW video but now I realise what I truly miss from this Era that we didn't get and that is a Venus single and era. For me Venus, Aura, Applause and ARTPOP are the soul of the album and we only got Applause as a single. I think that Venus would be a very important part of Gaga's singles dscography and impact and now I think that it's an important loss. It's not about sales or success, it's about what the song means for ARTPOP. I understand that many loved DWUW as a single and that with a video the song would have done amazing, probably better than Applause but the song is not a very imprtant part of the album. Thge second single shoud have been Venus and Venus is what I truly miss. I think that next time we shoulde not sucrifice such moments for commercial success.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlaeUrAnus

I wanted a return to the throne.

I needed the DWUW video.

Gypsy should have been a single.

Aura should have been the trilogy to Pap/Tel.

None of this happened. Gagz you hurt me :giveup:

In my messy era.

ThatSLAYGUY

its not over until the 24th of November

pretty much this

There is technically still time for a single 

I wanted a return to the throne.

I needed the DWUW video. Make some controversies Gags.

Gypsy should have been a single.

None of this happened. Gagz you hurt me :giveup:

Fixed.

I would love to see that but it's too late :cryga:

Benji

The singles should have been Applause, Venus then Do What U Want (solo or with Christina).

This era really was the worst era i've seen of any popstar ever, i don't think she'l ever recover from this.

My Little Phoney

This era really was the worst era i've seen of any popstar ever, i don't think she'l ever recover from this.

Have a look at JoJo's career, or Bionic by XTina (the tour got canceled and everything), ARTPOP wasn't perfect and Gaga knows that, but your statement is a bit harsh.

djBuffoon

I wanted kick-ass music, great videos, and a fierce tour. :noparty:

So I'm satisfied! :party:

mcphee

Venus would have been a terrible single choice, in my opinion. Looking back DWUW was the only real contender for Single 2 imo.

I still don't understand Venus, the intro, verses, chorus + bridge make sense individually but combined it is a complete mess. A hot mess ofc as I love the song, but I don't see it's point. DWUW is so much easier to understand and lyrically is so much better than Venus.

SlaeUrAnus

I wanted kick-ass music, great videos, and a fierce tour. :noparty:

So I'm satisfied! :party:

I wanted slayage boo

In my messy era.

djBuffoon

Have a look at JoJo's career, or Bionic by XTina (the tour got canceled and everything), ARTPOP wasn't perfect and Gaga knows that, but your statement is a bit harsh.

Maybe if Gaga gets more YouTube views next time, Cersei will change his tune. :manicure:

I wanted slayage boo

Meh. I want good work, that's all I ask. Slayage, imo, is overrated.

Benji

She's just not going to be as big as she was maybe? Every artist has blips in their career and have rebuilt their brand and that's something Gaga is pretty good at. One album that doesn't meet expectations doesn't mean she's over, she's just got to pick herself up again.

Flippy

I wanted more videos... We only got 2 :emo:

I was waiting for Gypsy to be a single and it never happened... :cryga:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Archived