💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Now that the ARTPOP Era is probably over... (a thought)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Jewels n Drugs
I wanted slayage boo
oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

I wanted slayage boo

I got slayage.  ARTPOP, artRAVE, and the other performances all slayed me.  I don't care if the era didn't slay the GP for example.  In fact, considering it may have taken basic, generic music to slay the GP, I really, really don't care that they weren't slayed.  If Gaga is willing to give up charts and sales to produce the quality she believes in and follow her artistic vision, then she should receive the highest praise from her fans for doing so.

I live outside the space time continuum.

CookieHWilson

Looking back, I agree. I love Do What U Want, but I think the Venus single era would've been her best single era yet, just based on artistry not the charts. I mean just LOOK at the single covers...that should've been able to flourish. That was beautiful and brilliant. It probably would've been one of her best videos to date considering how passionate she was about the song.

And like someone said, as much as I love Applause, I think the era should've started off with a surprise release of Aura. It may not be 100% radio-friendly, but that's her best and catchiest chorus to date and that might've propelled it to be a big hit, maybe even go #1 with all of the hype (based on her breaking to Google search record she Aura first leaked).

100% agree. Maybe throw in Applause after Gypsy just because it's such an ear worm.

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Jonna Lee

Have a look at JoJo's career, or Bionic by XTina (the tour got canceled and everything), ARTPOP wasn't perfect and Gaga knows that, but your statement is a bit harsh.

Did Xtina come back? :derpga:

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

eifulien

I got slayage.  ARTPOP, artRAVE, and the other performances all slayed me.  I don't care if the era didn't slay the GP for example.  In fact, considering it may have taken basic, generic music to slay the GP, I really, really don't care that they weren't slayed.  If Gaga is willing to give up charts and sales to produce the quality she believes in and follow her artistic vision, then she should receive the highest praise from her fans for doing so.

:party: Go, tell them, Ronk! Tell'em how you feel, boy!  :oops:

ARTPOP is anything but generic (hell it sounds like a DJ EDM album but the guests vocals they need for their songs are just substituted by the freakingly amazing vocals of our Lady!   :queenga: )

Take a look: Generic EDM <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Good EDM<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ARTPOP

Britney Jean  :toofunga:                                              Clarity (ZEDD )                              Well, ARTPOP..... :gaga:

I hate how you guys complain about lack of performances (as contributing to this 'flop era')

She put together all of these different whole show performances. 

iTunes Festival, ArtRAVE, Roseland, Boldstage. 

4 different shows AND a huge tour, what more could you ask for. 

Dominic

Are we still pretending it's about the music not the bling? :awkney:

She should now concentrate on getting a solid team behind her who support her but also are honest with her, some of the mistakes of this era are Gagas fault, we cannot always blame the label.

That being said I think her biggest issue this era was she was unaware if the direction she even wanted to go in, there was too much indecisiveness and I don't think she fully believed in the final message of ARTPOP like she did BTW and TFM.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

hijadeputa

I wanted a return to the throne.

I needed the DWUW video.

Gypsy should have been a single.

Aura should have been the trilogy to Pap/Tel.

None of this happened. Gagz you hurt me :giveup:

all this, THIS THIS THIS

Archived