Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'I Wanna Be With You' was changed into 'Dope' for a reason

HausOfMark

Featured Posts

The fact that a label wants people to relate to HER personal experiences and feelings.....like..... :megaflop:

What? She can't have one song that is a nice expression of love for her fans/Taylor and NOT be relatable or digestible to EVERYONE on the planet? I honestly don't know how doing dope is more relatable than expressing love for those you love.... :duck:

omg are people seriously not getting this?

she rebelled against her label by giving them the least PG-friendly ballad ever. The point is that she DIDN'T make it relatable. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

omg are people seriously not getting this?

she rebelled against her label by giving them the least PG-friendly ballad ever. The point is that she DIDN'T make it relatable. 

And Dope was more relatable? :gum:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

gagafrontrow

That's the point.

They told her to change IWBWY into a basic pop song, and she gave them a dark depressing ballad about d--g use. She did the exact opposite. 

Indeed. She has already said this before. The record company suddenly liked her to do ballads (which they didn't when she did Speechless) because Adele and others had made ballads commercially appealing. So when Gaga was told, she screwed the record company by purposely screwing up her pretty ballad and make it unplayable on radio. You gotta love her. :)

www.gagafrontrow.com

LetsGetHigh

Yes because people are more likely to get addicted to d--gs rather than feel lonely.

**** off interscope, you, most of the time, ruin everything ugh. :roll:

And Dope was more relatable? :gum:

I was talking about Dope.

They wanted relatable, she gave the Dope (which is the least relatable song she ever recorded probably). 

TimisaMonster

I was talking about Dope.

They wanted relatable, she gave the Dope (which is the least relatable song she ever recorded probably). 

The OP says Gaga said it was the other way around....IWBWY wasn't relatable, so she changed it to Dope. Not Dope to IWBWY....

Robinladen

The OP says Gaga said it was the other way around....IWBWY wasn't relatable, so she changed it to Dope. Not Dope to IWBWY....

Member Pop means that they asked her to make IWBWY more relatable but Gaga is a creative rebellion she she made it LESS relatable with Dope.

Anomaly

Yeah, it was posted and discussed back when we first heard Dope. I personally think that "I Wanna Be With U" is much more relatable, however, though I seem to get attacked for believing so.

She talked about this in a radio interview previously, this is not the first time. And yes, Dope was basically a **** you to her label who wanted a generic ballad. 

TimisaMonster

Member Pop means that they asked her to make IWBWY more relatable but Gaga is a creative rebellion she she made it LESS relatable with Dope.

OOOOOOOOOOOH, the person didn't explain it like that :smh:

She talked about this in a radio interview previously, this is not the first time. And yes, Dope was basically a **** you to her label who wanted a generic ballad. 

I understand what you were trying to say now....ARTPOP in general I think was an entire plan to ruin Interscope. I think she kinda WANTED it to fail :laughga:

MJHolland

it was like her ode to us. i really liked the song :/

So was Applause....

I don't need two songs on the album about how Gaga loves her fans, sorry  :ohwell:

Bitter

she gave the Dope (which is the least relatable song she ever recorded probably). 

Donatella says hi.

angelduuh

How the **** are people here saying that Dope it's not relatable? Are u guys stupid or what

I liked IWBWY too, but I prefer Dope.

How can any of you prefer Dope over I Wanna Be With You? Just the word DOPE sounds ridiculous, because kids use it to describe something as cool.

I love you more than doooope!!  :toofunny:

Firework has better lyrics than Dope lmao

And this is coming from someone who was addicted to d--gs. I can't relate to the song at all; the lyrics are too childish. Which is ironic for a song about d--g abuse.

It's sad because there hasn't been a single released GaGa ballad I like. No Way is pretty good and some song called Second..something... Anyway at the iTunes Festival I was honestly so impressed by the song I teared up. Then she changed it into Dope. -_-

Archived