💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Predict Gaga's New EP First Week Sales (US)

CELINE

328 members have voted

1. 1. Predict it's first week sales

• 100,000+ copies sold
    • 200,000+ copies sold
    • 300,000+ copies sold
    • 400,000+ copies sold
    • 500,000+ copies sold
    • 600,000+ copies sold
    • 700,000+ copies sold
    • 800,000+ copies sold
    • 900,000+ copies sold
    • 1,000,000+ copies sold
    • 1,500,000+ copies sold
    • 2,000,000+ copies sold (yes bitch i'm that delusional)

Featured Posts

Bloody Mary

Gaga can be garanteed 2 weeks though... She has a big enough fan base that if she were to release a song on a thursday for example, it would likely still sell enough to debut at #1 (especially since shes taking a long break which will bring anticipation)... that way in the second week the oods of it having enough sales to stay at #1 are higher even if radio doesnt rise as fast as BTW

Exactly. With her position, we're almost guaranteed a #1 debut plus a 2nd week at #1 just because it's her. But for it to stay at #1 longer than that, it will need to build momentum for itself without just little monsters' support.

She'll also need a great music video for the song!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

400k at most. There won't be close to as much hype as BTW and the fact that it'd be an EP means less anyway.

Economy

Exactly. With her position, we're almost guaranteed a #1 debut plus a 2nd week at #1 just because it's her. But for it to stay at #1 longer than that, it will need to build momentum for itself without just little monsters' support.

She'll also need a great music video for the song!

but u get what im saying right? she can increase her odds of doing that if she doesnt release the song on a monday like many mosters want... she can easily release the song on a wednesday or thursday and still debut at #1 (Born This Way was released on a friday)

Actually releasing it on a monday could fail a #1 debut... If born this way has been released on a monday, with the kind of radio play it got and audience impressions it got... i could of been enough to debut lowly on the ot 100 just based on that with no sales since the radio weeks end on tuesday

Bloody Mary

but u get what im saying right? she can increase her odds of doing that if she doesnt release the song on a monday like many mosters want... she can easily release the song on a wednesday or thursday and still debut at #1 (Born This Way was released on a friday)

Actually releasing it on a monday could fail a #1 debut... If born this way has been released on a monday, with the kind of radio play it got and audience impressions it got... i could of been enough to debut lowly on the ot 100 just based on that with no sales since the radio weeks end on tuesday

That doesn't make sense to me. You think the BTW single would have failed to make a #1 debut if it had had more time to gain more AI?

Economy

That doesn't make sense to me. You think the BTW single would have failed to make a #1 debut if it had had more time to gain more AI?

nooooooooooooooooo, ur not getting me... what im saying is sales week starts on monday and ends sunday, but radio week starts wednesday and ends on tuesday

Gaga got so much airplay right on the first days, that it could have debuted low on the chart just on radio audience impressions from monday and tuesday alone instead of only showing up on the chart the following week

Artists usualy release singles on mondays... the airplay it gets on monday and tuesday arent enough to make it debut, instead it only shows up the following with sales and with a full week of radio... but Gaga could get enough radio play those two days to debut, Born This Way would of risked that.

get it now?

Bloody Mary

nooooooooooooooooo, ur not getting me... what im saying is sales week starts on monday and ends sunday, but radio week starts wednesday and ends on tuesday

Gaga got so much airplay right on the first days, that it could have debuted low on the chart just on radio audience impressions from monday and tuesday alone instead of only showing up on the chart the following week

Artists usualy release singles on mondays... the airplay it gets on monday and tuesday arent enough to make it debut, instead it only shows up the following with sales and with a full week of radio... but Gaga could get enough radio play those two days to debut, Born This Way would of risked that.

get it now?

Ahhh, gotcha! But don't artists of Gaga's stature typically get a lot of airplay on the first few days of release anyways?

Economy

Ahhh, gotcha! But don't artists of Gaga's stature typically get a lot of airplay on the first few days of release anyways?

sometimes... but not as much as Gaga and not enough to debut at on the chart...

Were talking about only 2 days of radio, and on top of that no sales cause the sales week is already done by monday, so usualy its never enough to debut

But Gaga got 3X more airplay the first day than the previous record, it got 1800 plays, and second day also got a lot... in her case its possible it could have been enough to cause a low debut, so her song would only go #1 second week on the chart and would no longer be a #1 debut

Its rare for a song to get that kind of play BTW did, but if it happened to Gaga once it could happen again, and shed risk debuting early with those 2 days of radio...

Thats why i suggested she not release her lead single till wednesday or thursday... Shed still debut at #1 (without risk of debuting early), and it would increase the odds that second week her sales would still be high enough for a second week at #1

• 3 weeks later...
Fizzy

Releasing on monday wont make it chart lower becuz she will only debut on pop and airplay becuz thats billboard policy!! Actually it can make u debut high due to more airplay days added even thugh it ends on wednesday!! Itll give more sales!! + i still hate tht she relased BTw late or else her first week sales wud have been the highest!!

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

DirtyPonyRebel

600,000-800,000 if she did promo for it, 300,000- 450,000 without. Realistic predictions people.

Unless Amazon gave Gaga a "surprise" again! :troll:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived