💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Top 10 Decade Defining Musical Acts: 2000s/ Gaga #8

SonOfAphrodite

Featured Posts

WhoAskedOpinions

I agree she should be on there and that Katy and Kesha shouldn't, but no Rihanna. And Linkin Park/Radiohead.... um no...  :awkney:

@WhoAskedOpinions - Rates, reviews, and rankings of music and TV shows

TRILL MONSTER

I love Watchmojo.com :giveup:

Me too :giveup:

There videos give me life

Gaga was no were to be seen on the 2010s list :later:

MahoganySnitch

Me too :giveup:

There videos give me life

Gaga was no were to be seen on the 2010s list :later:

I watched the 2010s one before this one lol and figured she has to be on the 2000s list, even if she was near the end. 

Decent position, considering she only came at the latter part of the decade. But I don't agree and couldn't understand how Radiohead is placed within the top three. They actually shouldn't be anywhere near the top five nor in the top 10. Usher, Nickelback, Kelly Clarkson, or even the Black Eyed Peas should have been on this list instead (and not just be mere honourable mentions), if we're really talking about artists who defined the decade. Britney Spears also should have been ranked way higher, if not within the top five. She was the undisputed top pop star of the 2000s, whether sales-wise or media publicity.   

SLAY GAGZ :gaga:

not a Britney ranking higher than Gaga :awkney:

and Beyoncé deserved #1 not Eminem :crossed:

Eminem broke a lot of records during the 2000s, including an Oscar win and being the best-selling rapper of all time (and the top-selling artist of the entire decade). He rightfully deserves that title, much as the coveted "Artist of the Decade (for the 2000s)" award from Billboard. Beyonce being on the top three (and top four on Billboard's list) is already a huge accomplishment. 

Radiohead? Hmmmm. Interesting choice.

I'm not really sure how Gaga paved the road for Katy when Katy already had some hits under her belt before Gaga became famous.

Good list overall.

giskardsb

Radiohead should be #1 really, although one might argue they belong in the 90's list more than the 2000's.

JeffSwift

Where's Taylor Swift? I mean lets be real, she paved the way for people such as Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, and Luke Bryan to become big stars across the charts. Taylor Swift made country music cool again. 

Wet Fire

Wow. It's immensely impressive for someone to appear in this list when she debuted in 2008. In just 1.5 years, she earned her place at #8. This is just... :worship: :applause:

LilVenusian

Gaga being under Radiohead though? Idk I don't agree.

And under Likon Park too? :awkney: Wow.

I agree with Linkin Park (and Coldplay should also gtfo)  But Radiohead is probably one of the most influential and acclaimed modern bands so their place is pretty justified. Even gaga herself is a huge fan, and went through college listening to them...

Whispering

Where's Taylor Swift? I mean lets be real, she paved the way for people such as Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, and Luke Bryan to become big stars across the charts. Taylor Swift made country music cool again.

Carrie Underwood had a multi Platinum album with a couple of crossover hits a year before Taylor even released her first single.

Miranda and Luke never have been crossover artists and Carrie really isn't anymore.

Emvee

Radiohead is one of the most critically acclaimed rock bands of the recent era. A lot of contemporary rock bands CITE Radiohead as inspiration. Everyone knows Radiohead and is immensely appreciated outside of this little pop bubble.

Y'all can stop now.

Linkin Park can fall off that list tho. How 4th grade :awkney: They might as well add Good Charlotte and 50 cent to that list :awkney:

Radiohead? Hmmmm. Interesting choice.

I'm not really sure how Gaga paved the road for Katy when Katy already had some hits under her belt before Gaga became famous.

Good list overall.

Because after Gaga, Katy was forced to change her musical direction from pop rock to electronic dance. And she also became more outlandish and creative with her outfits and music videos. Things she still does to this day.

Radiohead is one of the most critically acclaimed rock bands of the recent era. A lot of contemporary rock bands CITE Radiohead as inspiration. Everyone knows Radiohead and is immensely appreciated outside of this little pop bubble.

Y'all can stop now.

Linkin Park can fall off that list tho. How 4th grade :awkney: They might as well add Good Charlotte and 50 cent to that list :awkney:

Except LP have constantly been successfully throughout the decade. The may be the most successful rock act this past decade (and they are still doing very well).

Archived