💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pitchfork drags Katy Perry's Prism Tour while praising Gaga and Miley

heavyMetalGAGA

Featured Posts

Houdini

Yup. I completely agree. That's what I said : it's selling like hotcakes. People are here for that, of course. But after that ? I'm not here for a stan bashing about Katy Perry's tour. I'm talking about the fact that clearly, her aesthetic is selling, but her content is weak and it is showcasing a major struggle in her artistic integrity. Like the review was stating :

Something about that dynamic made me feel bad for her, though. She just seems kind of… weary? I picture her sitting in front of a fancy, well-lit vanity after the show, flinging off her rainbow hair and sighing to herself in a wig cap, “But would the world still love a grown-up Katy Perry?â€

I'm not arguing it is not working, I'm arguing you can feel the lack of passion and artistic integrity in her work. Kind of like she was forced by her label to go in this precise direction when in fact, maybe she wants to be somewhere else. At least this is what I feel about her. It's fake. And it's a shame because she can deliver those record-breaking single but she has yet made any cultural impact. Probably because everything feel so... empty because, like you said, it's cute / naive / bubblegum = EMPTY music and her passion is not strong enough to back up the emptiness of her work. 

The latest Transformers movie is on its way to become one of the highest grossing movie of all time. Just saying. There's always a demand for blockbusters movies, even if half of these movies are ****.

I just see a girl that has fun doing what she does. A lot of people want to go to a concert and just have fun and take their life off for a couple of hours. There's nothing artistic either on the ArtRave, beside her voice and stage presence, it's all about fun and lights and stuff. Gaga is a beast on stage, Katy is more reserved but people actually like that kind of performer too. I mean kid like her for that. She's the nice girl and it's perfect like that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psychedelic

Read the review. It's hilarious but the fact that it even alludes to the fact that the Bangerz Tour is better than the PWT is just laughable.

Also, this review isn't going to stop PWT from being the biggest female tour of 2014 :legend:

THIS! AND YA'LL DEAL!!!

Danny Boy

I'm not trying to be mean, but this article couldn't have said it better. It's clear what Katy's intentions are as a musician. She just wants to play the game and make money. She's the Walmart of the music world. 

Sure, some of her hits are pretty good, but they probably won't stand the test of time because her heart isn't in it. She's almost 30 years old now and her imagery consists of floating poop emojis. I feel bad for her because that would be a meaningless career, but she does talk about how she wants to mature into an indie acoustic artist. I'm just waiting to see if she can put something genuine and valid into the world.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU!

This is exactly what I think about her, majority of her discography is just meaningless.

Sugarfall

this is why i said on an aesthetic side. if you don't like katy's music it's normal you won't enjoy the show. Katy's tour is on track to be the most successful tour of 2014, there's a reason why, because there's a demand for her. so somewhere she makes something good. It's pop, it's fresh, it's impressive, it's cute, it's naive, and it's all pure pop is about. to entertain. She's not claiming to be the best singer, the best dancer or whatever. she's there, she's making her thing, it works, people want to pay that, what's the problem ? If people go out from her show and are amazed, what's the problem ? You all stated her voice is week, she doesn't dance, etc. and ? Madonna's voice is not strong too, and look at her, she's the biggest pop star in history. There's a big demand for that kind of artist and it's called entertainment.

You really should stop mentioning Madonna, you have a tendency of blowing up threads :rip:

Houdini

You really should stop mentioning Madonna, you have a tendency of blowing up threads :rip:

ok dad

Danny Boy

But we are talking about something more than the visuals, the aesthetics, the envelope. People tend to forget that a show is something more than props and huge screens. When you see the concert of artists of the 70's, 80's and 90's decade, you rarely have 10 screens, hundred of dancers and flying balloons all over the place, you just have the artist and the music, making this particular moment a unique experience.  

From a visual point of you, I would say that Katy Perry Prismatic Tour is really incredible. You see, she has this huge triangle screens, all of these cool flying props, balloons, confetti and expensive (but cheap looking) costumes. But the show itself, the experience, the music is just bad to me. Like the reviewer said, the audience is fragile (mostly tweens and parents), the energy is lacking, the confidence and the talent is not showing. The concert itself is disappointing. It feel like a Transformers movie to me. They have these huge budget and mind blowing special effects, yet you still find yourself bore to death and you just want it to end already. This review clearly highlight the struggle Katy is facing from an artistic point of view. The more she's growing, artistically, the more her audience seems to be younger. She's not going anywhere with her material. It's selling like hot cakes yes, but after that ? What's left ? When you think about it, culturally, Katy Perry has yet made her mark in pop music. 

On the other side, you have the artRave that, compared to the Born This Way Ball, dropped many props and theatrical performances for a more concert friendly, sing and dance along type of performances. So the artRave have less props but it feels 10x more like a concert to me than the other Gaga shows. Yes she has many dancers, bizarre costumes, screens and confetti but none of these props are slightly taking over the most important pillar of the concert : Gaga herself. Gaga, unlike Katy, is commanding the crowd with her voice, her energy and her passion. And it shows in the audience who's worshipping her like she's the President and leaves the concert completely exhausted. When you leave the artRave, you feel like you've experience a once-in a lifetime moment.

You cannot just compare a tour with the content, it's actually worth nothing when it comes to a live experience. I feel like you watch a Katy Perry show and you live a Gaga concert.

This article nailed it. It summarize everything I truly hate about Katy Perry.

YES YES YES YES YES THIS IS EVERYTHING

Katy Perry is nothing more than a gimmick.

Titzlol

I actually enjoyed the prismatic world tour.

More than Miley's banger tbh.

Me too. I wish Miley would go back to making music again. like music music not what bangerz was :awkney: (I didnt like it, IMO)

PWT looks so pretty and creative. Doesnt Miley slide down a giant tongue :smh:

Desperado

Read the review. It's hilarious but the fact that it even alludes to the fact that the Bangerz Tour is better than the PWT is just laughable. 

Also, this review isn't going to stop PWT from being the biggest female tour of 2014 :legend:

oh i see u stanning on full force for perry lol

Altair

Me too. I wish Miley would go back to making music again. like music music not what bangerz was :awkney: (I didnt like it, IMO)

PWT looks so pretty and creative. Doesnt Miley slide down a giant tongue :smh:

^ totally agree with you.

Arturo

oh i see u stanning on full force for perry lol

Yeah, I'm actually a Katy Cat. I have a shrine for her in my house and have so far gone to 7 Prismatic World Tour shows. Only 31 more to go! #ThisIsHowWeDo.

Poker

she's everywhere and fallowing you

I'd be so honored. I love her :hor:

Yeah, I'm actually a Katy Cat. I have a shrine for her in my house and have so far gone to 7 Prismatic World Tour shows. Only 31 more to go! #ThisIsHowWeDo.

:rip:
Kindness rules all.

Houdini

oh that's cool. i really enjoyed the show

Archived