Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry: "This Is How We Do is a certified club banger"

hughdancy

Featured Posts

drinkmytears

The backlash from Paws Down Lil' Monsters and her own fanbase if Gaga did this.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
codymonster

I was horrified when I found out it was by her. I thought this song was by a wanna be black pop star singing a cheesy song that would appeal to the masses.

When I found out it was by Katy... :rip:

I genuinely believe you're saying this out of good taste rather than dislike for Katy because it's honestly just that poor of a song, imo :dies:

I like Katy and I listened to PRISM and I listen to a lot of her songs, but this one in particular is... The bridge makes me cringe so hard :Cry:

Houdini

it's not even out yet as a single and it's already in some pretty good positions on iTunes :

This Is How We Do

#97 Israel

#101 South Africa

#106 Belarus

#112 Australia
#117 Philippines
#176 France

Someone is getting a big head I see....

If I heard this song at a club I would leave tbh :coffee:

it's not even out yet as a single and it's already in some pretty good positions on iTunes :

This Is How We Do

#97 Israel

#101 South Africa

#106 Belarus

#112 Australia

#117 Philippines

#176 France

Super happy for her

Wet Fire

Why tho? The album has multiple better songs. WOA, LL, Ghost, IS are better.

disneyhigh

Club banger, my foot. It's the sort of cringey song that would make people desert the dancefloor. Her team have made lot of really bad choices this era. Its just been one long year of bad single choices and bad music videos. They thought a jungle theme would be perfect for the Roar video - but then it got lots of criticism for being too cringey and childish. They thought she could pull off a middle-of-the-road love ballad - it flopped, despite huge promotion. They thought her Dark Horse video would be considered absolutely delightful and funny - it drew controversy, scathing reviews and is her most disliked video to date. They thought Birthday would be a huge summer smash - it was one of her biggest flops ever and couldn't even got top ten in the US despite how radio loves her and she sent all the major stations personalised cake. Similarly, the video left a lot of people feeling awkward and weirded out. Now, once again, they are choosing one of the worst songs on the album for the next single with an equally horrible video, by the sounds of it. It's also weird that she's releasing it when there's only one month of summer left - this is the type of song that was designed to be played all summer and not everywhere in the world has sunshine all year round. Especially in the US, songs can take a long time to become hits, so it'll be past summer by the time it really catches on.

It'll be interesting to see how radio reacts to her after the floppage of Birthday. Because a lot of other artists, when just one of their singles flop, radio is very reluctant to support them afterwards and it takes a lot to make them regain their trust in you. It's something Gaga's currently going through. It annoys me how radio supports Katy no matter what. They supported her after Unconditionally flopped, but now she's flopped again, they may be more tentative. They tried their best to shove Birthday down our throats but we just weren't having it. Maybe they'll let us make our own minds up with this next one, then, seeing how we disobeyed what they wanted us to do and have shown that we can think for ourselves.

I LOVE YOURS POSTS SO MUCH. I always read every single one of them no matter how long they are every time I come across one. You are so intelligent and it's so great having someone like you here on GGD  :hug: 

Just heard it now, it's a basic mess, the video will be cheaper than birthday. The lyrics are awful. This is far from a club banger

This Is How We Do

#97 Israel

#101 South Africa

#106 Belarus

#112 Australia

#117 Philippines

#176 France

its been released as a single here now in australia cause i heard it playing on the radio a day after the lyric video was released.

Archived