đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lily Allen blames herself for flop album

yxi

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, she hasn't exactly been silent about disliking this album. But I feel like it makes it awkward for the fans who love it. :rip:

The label were clearly pushing for a much softer, radio friendly album to promote her comeback, hence tracks like 'Air Balloon' and 'Our Time'. In all honesty it's not a bad album, but it doesn't wholly feel like a Lily Allen album.

Stef

I guess you are blind because her maturity is obvious.

"Its my managers fault!! I write for the music not the charts!!! Purchase Applause multiple times and send me screenshots for proof!! Music not the bling!!!"

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Redstreak

If she felt she didn't do her best, why shouldn't she apologize?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Willy Wonka

I guess you are blind because her maturity is obvious.

I could easily, easily argue otherwise.

This thread isn't about Gaga's maturity, so please drop it. It's off-topic and flamebait.  

StrawberryBlond

That's good that she's finally owned up and admitted that this is not her best work. Until now, all she's done is blame management for apparently choosing the worst songs to become singles. Then she said they chose the worst ones to go on the album. Basically, she was saying that her label had completely messed up what could have been something amazing. But here's the thing...she wrote all these songs. Most of the time, it's just her and one co-write. I think you've only got a right to whinge about your label approving the wrong songs if you get all your work written for you. But she wrote this stuff that she's deeming terrible. So, if she wrote and submitted them for consideration, she must have thought they were good, right? This makes it seem like she submits everything she writes, good or bad. I think the critics have been too soft on this album - its had fairly decent reviews and it doesn't deserve them. Every song is either bland or downright awful. But luckily, I think even a mixed reception was a wake up call for her, as was her really disappointing sales despite a hugely hyped comeback, Christmas #1 John Lewis advert and two top ten singles. Let's not sugarcoat this: Sheezus has really flopped. Yes, it debuted at #1 in the UK...with just over 35,000 sold, which isn't much to be proud of. Her album is out the UK top 40 after just under 3 months. It hasn't even made it onto the list of UK top 40 bestselling albums of the year list. #40 sold 79,500, so she must have sold less than that so far. And the UK is and always has been, her biggest, most profitable market, so I can only imagine how it's performing worldwide. The critics may have been lenient on it but the public sure hasn't.

FameHungry

Funny how she makes a whole album about free will on music industry just caring about artistry and stuff and then when the album flops suddenly it is all about the bling and she is going to the studio to make a more public-friendly album :later:

:tea:

Except ARTPOP didn't flop and it's her best work musically :awkney:

Hell. to. the. no.

The fame monster >>>>>>>>>>

blacklistedd

Maturity i expect from Gaga

This statement is dumb.

Not only because I don't think maturity equates to an artist lowering their head in shame in front of the world and calling themselves a failure and practically apologizing for it.

But I think Gaga specifically doesn't address herself in that way (aside from the fact that even with this eras underperfromance its still generally on par with her contemporaries) because people are practically begging for her to get on her knees and say outloud that shes terrible and that she'll do better. They want to see her get on her knees and choke on their dick and admit to every negative thing they think about her. Shes not going to get on her knees like their b---h. Shes expressed a lot about how the negativity directed towards her has affected her, but shes not going to degrade her career itself. I think her maturity is in her conviction even if I don't agree with her aesthetic choices. So to me her pulling what Lily did here would not be maturity coming from how shes perceived by people. It would just be pathetic and merit-less.

Alll of that being said, Sheezus wasn't a good album. Clearly Lily is aware of that. Idk, I don't really care now that I finished typing that paragraph lol

Willy Wonka

see above

1. Mods have already said to stop talking about Gaga.

2. Gaga has done the same thing and has pushed blame to others every time something has gone wrong. Rarely, if ever, does she take responsibility for failures or shortcomings. 

3. I liked many songs on Sheezus.

This thread isn't about Gaga's maturity, so please drop it. It's off-topic and flamebait.  

Closing this for now, until it has become clear to everyone that this thread isn't about Gaga. To those who want to discuss Gaga's maturity, feel free to create one in Thoughts. 

Archived