💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Joan Rivers drops the n-word on HPLive "the world is so PC its stupid"

Lion Heart

Featured Posts

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is JOAN RIVERS that we're talking about. I personally don't think anything is off the table when it comes to comedy. Obviously slurs like these are objectionable and oppressive and that's why they have a place in her brand of humor. Do you have to like her or find her funny? No, but the overreactions in this thread are unnecessary. I don't even know why this thread was made.

Anyways, if you want to fight racism and transphobia, don't waste your energy on comedians (retorting with ageism/s-xism no less). Look up actual causes and campaigns. Donate to charities. Joan has.  :manicure:

ryhanna

Damn, she's really making a career out of putting her foot in her mouth lately. She really needs to learn to shut up.

Well, she has got a book to promote. :teehee:

SKANK

Well, when you and your friends have been verbally assaulted and harassed by a old White male with racial slurs and insults like "N-i-g-g-e-r" and "Human ****" (like I have in the past) you would have your guard up whenever the word is used by someone by who isn't Black even in the most frank form

But I guess I'm still not mature enough to sit at the big kids table and discuss stuff that have personally affected me in the past, eh?  

I respect you and your opinion, but I can not engage in a conversation with a grown man about the power behind words if he is uncomfortable hearing the very word we are trying to discuss. It's childish. I would never require a heteros-xual to tip-toe around the word f-a-g-g-o-t in the context of a conversation about the word itself.

This is JOAN RIVERS that we're talking about. I personally don't think anything is off the table when it comes to comedy. Obviously slurs like these are objectionable and oppressive and that's why they have a place in her brand of humor. Do you have to like her or find her funny? No, but the overreactions in this thread are unnecessary. I don't even know why this thread was made.

Anyways, if you want to fight racism and transphobia, don't waste your energy on comedians (retorting with ageism/s-xism no less). Look up actual causes and campaigns. Donate to charities. Joan has.  :manicure:

Just because its in the name of humor doesnt make it okay.... for example joking around and calling something "gay" doesn't make it less insulting in my opinion.... and not to mention instead of trying to eradicate these racial slurs completely why let comedians resurrect it? I find it naive to say its not harmful because its coming from Joan Rivers, or any comedian for that matter. I'm sorry just because she's Joan doesn't exempt her from using racial slurs and not receiving any backlash for it.

Just because its in the name of humor doesnt make it okay.... for example joking around and calling something "gay" doesn't make it less insulting in my opinion.... and not to mention instead of trying to eradicate these racial slurs completely why let comedians resurrect it? I find it naive to say its not harmful because its coming from Joan Rivers, or any comedian for that matter. I'm sorry just because she's Joan doesn't exempt her from using racial slurs and not receiving any backlash for it.

I expected responses like this. There's an age old debate over what's off limits in comedy and we're not gonna end it here. If you want to end the use of slurs in comedy...good luck I guess?

Miker

I have never found insults to be funny. Joan Rivers needs to hang up those overblown lips for good. 

Mars..........or bust!

heavyMetalGAGA

I respect you and your opinion, but I can not engage in a conversation with a grown man about the power behind words if he is uncomfortable hearing the very word we are trying to discuss. It's childish. I would never require a heteros-xual to tip-toe around the word f-a-g-g-o-t in the context of a conversation about the word itself.

She was completely fine in this context. But how do you justify her other crude "jokes"? I just don't understand how someone thinks she is funny. She bullies others and cannot even take the heat when someone tries to explain to her that she is being mean. That is childish in my opinion. She's a bad role model for other comedians. You CAN be funny without being mean.

RAMROD

Isn't it way too late to pull a 2007 Britney, Joan?

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Psychedelic

Louis C.K. and Bill Maher use the word n-i-g-g-e-r regularly, and not a creature stirs not even a mouse. Joan Rivers uses the word n-i-g-g-e-r, and a witch hunt begins. 

She did not call anyone a n-i-g-g-e-r, she used the word in the context of a conversation about political correctness. If you aren't mature enough to handle that kind of conversation, then stay the hell out of the conversation. 

:tea:

Willy Wonka

You explained it for me.

Archived