💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry SUED over Dark Horse

Electric Venus

Featured Posts

Electric Venus

1433rrr.jpg

Christian hip-hop musicians from St. Louis and elsewhere sued pop singer Katy Perry, Capitol Records and others in federal court here Tuesday, claiming that Perry’s song “Dark Horse†ripped off their 2008 song.

The suit says that Perry and her co-writers infringed the copyright of the Christian song “Joyful Noise†and have exploited and profited from its use.

It also says that “Joyful Noise†has been “irreparably tarnished by its association with the witchcraft, paganism, black magic, and Illuminati imagery evoked by the same music in ‘Dark Horse’.†()

“Joyful Noise†was written in 2007 and released in 2008. The song received a 2008 Gospel Music Association Dove Award nomination for the best rap/hip-hop song, the suit says.

Eric Kayira, one of the lawyers for the hip-hop artists, said that comparisons of the songs “percolated†various places online and eventually made their way to the performers’ ears.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/st-louis-christian-hip-hop-singers-sue-katy-perry-over/article_a18ee60f-8f8d-5e5e-bdb1-cbfaff93597d.html

Dark Horse

http://youtu.be/0KSOMA3QBU0

Joyful Noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCcW-guAs_s

ha born this way era :rip:

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

Literally her entire album is rip-offs of other songs. Her legit BTW era

buy bionic

Zsolti

I hear it.

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

bionic

i dont hear the comparison tbh

Seriously? Listen to the intro of Joyful Noise and the chorus instrumental bridge part of DH

buy bionic

Haroon

I don't really hear a resemblance except the little clicky bit and the beat bit but loads of songs have that :confused:

Sugarfall

I hear the similarity only in the beginning, nowhere else. And well, every rap song has name dropping

LStephens11

I'm not hearing any similarities?

This used to be a bop back in the day tbh :music:

But she's already got the #1 and a possible Grammy nod. What seriously can happen? She has the paycheck, she wins whether she copied or not.

Karma is a b---h though.

Levine

Even the distorted voice at 1:00 is similar to the distorted voice in dark hoe when she says "there's no going back" (or something like that)  :dies:

thathimerosguy

OHH MAAHHHH GAAAAAWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD THE EXOSURE!!!!!! THE DECAY!!!

tumblr_n76rg7P7h81qdlh1io1_400.gif

• Mills locked this topic

Archived