💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Era Recap - How Gaga managed to bring ARTPOP to life. She succeded.

Tropico

Featured Posts

Tropico

Agreed with the visuals, but ... where-is-the-goddamn-artpop-music? Not even half of the album matches the concept.

Gaga's idea was to bring the art to life through the performance of the songs and the fashion but sadly she wasn't allowed to do much videos and stuff.

An example: Swine. I would never think that a song like that would have a performance artist bringing it to life.

And Applause... The seashell bikini.

Gaga made the POP. Her artistic vision was to put art into it.

She did well considering her unreasonable limitations this era. :yes:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

Gaga's been bringing ART into POP ever since she shot the Crevette Films back in 2008. Can we please stop acting like this is a new concept from her :laughga:

This is my biggest issue with ARTPOP, having a whole era centered around something that's been present in every other era.

:tea: That's some scorching hot tea you poured. :tea:

This era has been great despite the messiness. :yes:

AmenTheNight

ARTPOP is the title, and that is also Gaga's thesis for her entire career. The music itself is electronic-pop. The theme is a popular art, and this popular artist in paticular.

Gaga's idea was to bring the art to life through the performance of the songs and the fashion but sadly she wasn't allowed to do much videos and stuff.

An example: Swine. I would never think that a song like that would have a performance artist bringing it to life.

And Applause... The seashell bikini.

Gaga made the POP. Her artistic vision was to put art into it.

She did well considering her unreasonable limitations this era. :yes:

I agree with what you said, but that doesn't change the fact that the music itself is far from Gaga's first ambitions and descriptions. Remember this ?

gaga-artpop-announcement.jpg

Sorry, but after setting such expectations, nobody should be stunned by the reaction of both the GP and the fans.

The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way brought ARTPOP to life much more than ARTPOP did itself.

djBuffoon

I agree with what you said, but that doesn't change the fact that the music itself is far from Gaga's first ambitions and descriptions. Remember this?

Sorry, but after setting such expectations, nobody should be stunned by the reaction of both the GP and the fans.

The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way brought ARTPOP to life much more than ARTPOP did itself.

Okay, the phrasing of that press statement is so cryptic and subjective, I can guarantee that everyone had a different idea of what it would sound like when they read it. But regardless of what the promotional team said, all that we have to go by is the album that we hold in our hands (or our hard drives). And Gaga clearly has a great deal of affection for it.

Obviously I disagree with your last statement, again that's as subjective as it can possibly be. ARTPOP is as strong and thematically loaded an album as she's ever made, in my opinion. The intense and diverse discussions that have occured here since it was released should be proof enough that there's more to the album than meets some ears.

And frankly, I don't know many people from the "GP" who have even heard the damned thing lol. But I have played it for at least 20 good friends since November, and the response has been nothing but positive. So there's that.

Tropico

I agree with what you said, but that doesn't change the fact that the music itself is far from Gaga's first ambitions and descriptions. Remember this ?

gaga-artpop-announcement.jpg

Your last paragraph... NO! :lmao:

TF, TFM and BTW were not nearly as art driven as ARTPOP.

And the description there? The first 2 verses were about the app. Has nothing to do with the album. The last verse, does actually describe the album well. The Album is a musical story by Gaga and she managed to mirror her life.

The app is obviously not what we hoped but what they did say was true (the album stuff). It did tell a story and it was an electronic rage (songs like Swine).

TF, TFM and BTW weren't much at all about the art. They were completly different things.

VforVendetta

Mess. Threads which bash ARTPOP get 6 pages and I wanna celebrate it and I get ARTPOOP comments. :roll:

Nnnnnn :lmao:

• 1 month later...
Tropico

YAAASSS I remember this thread! :legend:

I feel so passionately about it tbh. :flutter:

Archived