Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"I used to Love Lady Gaga then........."

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Hybrid MonsTer

JUDAS ... was , is & will forever be one of  Gaga's most Iconic song & Video .. Period :adam:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let Love Down

The lyrics are obviously metaphorical, so I'm surprised that so many people take issue with the song.

Queen Gloria

... the Artrave happened. I just gave up caring about what she does, really. I was completely aboard the Gaga train up until the whole ARTPOP/Venus/G.U.Y. video thing happened. It was a good enough video but it was the first time where I just watched something she put out and said "Okay, next?". Then I saw the videos from the Artrave and I had this sinking feeling like wow, this show looks really bad. Again, only my opinion. That's why I haven't been very active here at all. I think there is something uncomfortable about the staging. How huge the stage is and how spaced out the dancers are, and how far Gaga is from the audience. It creates this weird disconnect where somehow her other tours seemed more intimate. I'm waiting for her to do something really jaw dropping and unexpected again, I would like to be a fan again. Sorry, just wanted to add my opinion to the title of the thread. It has nothing to do with Judas, I loved Judas. 

Its true, Judas is her worst single. No hate but this Song has destroyed everything and sounds like BR on d--gs.

i loved lady gaga until, Applause was first single...

jk i still love her. 

but i love judas :0

:laughga:

When she released Judas as the next single from Born This Way, I almost left her. I'm Roman Catholic you see?

The beat is okay and stuff but the lyrics are really offending.

She should have made the song titled 'Lucas' for Luc Carl. 

"I wanna love you but something's pulling me away from you.....

LUCASSS,  LUCA-AAAAASSSSS"

:yes:

lairofhk

Judas is the sh*t. She's stupid. Oh and Im pretty sure Judas didn't cause her popularity to fall...it had already started declining before that.

JudasInTheDark

No, the Judas era was the peak of my fandom. It became my favorite song of all time and I can't imagine it not being a single, getting the backlash, and having the INCREDIBLE video it does. I would never change it back if I could.

wahkeenasitka

Judas separated the wheat from the chaff... 

It was the sieve that strained out the fans who didn't really love her, and she kept the fans that truly did love and appreciate her. 

Wet Fire

Casual fans and non-fans don't look deep into Gaga's artistry. They observe it superficially. But Gaga is a true artist and the Judas lyrics are one of her best works till this moment in my opinion. So she turned a superb song with flawless lyrics into a single. She's a risk taker. I don't see the problem here.

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Lady Gaga herself after the BTW era ended said she didn't want Judas as a single. She said she wanted the singles to be: "btw, scheibe, teog, mtn" something like that.

That's what it should have been tbh.

But oh well, she can still get ha career back.

I was revelations. Many were speculating that Judas will be the antichrist. Gaga is catholic so she probably read the revelations and put it into her song

No gurl, he just backstabbed Jesus. Lucifer is the antichrist.

Well maybe it was a mistake, but she didn't get much backlash in Europe/Asia etc. i think it was just in the USA ?

Most of the backlash she received is from Asia (Indonesia and Philippines).

Emvee

So weird to me that we're still discussing this in 2014.

I mean, I personally didn't like Judas when it was released and I wouldn't have advocated it as the 2nd single (Scheisse should've been the 2nd single) but what's done is done. Gaga isn't as popular anymore jfc we get it. Why does this concern fans so much? If you like Gaga's music then fine, stop looking to validate it.

Archived