• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIFs

• zexion_armando

• Goldenhen

• LionHeartedGirl

Also, Leblanc. Awkward.

But I'm definitely glad to have the ATB back.

She can be funny though. >_<

tumblr_lt74ggTE2q1qcq2vho1_500.gif

LionHeartedGirl

^ Ah, brilliant gif. I actually love Leblanc, Logos and Ormi. Noogie Woojie~

My sister imported Type-0. It's amazing! I've watched her on it, and had a go in the arena, it's really fun. And difficult - missions get hard, fast. I've fallen so in love with Celestia, so cute and angry for good reason. It's actually quite easy to follow the story if you read around on the internet, and I recognise a few kanji (the basics, like 'elder brother', 'complete' and 'oneself') so thats a start. :sweat:

If you only played FF8 onwards, you're probably used to the newer style of FF games. 9 was a throwback and returned to the style from the first FF games that fans missed in 7 and 8.

9, imo, was the last really good Final Fantasy game. Not a huge fan of 10 (though the music is beautiful) and 11, 12, and 13 are definitely not as good.

Ah, I just completely agree. 9 is brilliant, especially compared to 13. :sweat:

I want the turn based back too. I enjoy real time - like in Type-0 - but turn based is so good. And yeah, its what made Final Fantasy what it is at the beginning. I'd love to see it brought back, but its a slim chance. I think they think it has to be real time to be.. 'modern', I'm not sure.

Yeah I've heard that people who's first FF was 8 have the "wrong" idea of FF lol.

I guess you could say that. :P If you didn't like 9 then I don't think you'd be a big fan of the earlier ones, but you should still try 1-6 (and 7, obviously, but that is one of the "newer" styles). Of the 6, 4 and 6 are definitely my favourites (I'd go as far as to say 6 is my all time favourite FF game, above the rest) but they're all definitely good and bring something new to the table.

A Stan Was Born

VIII is amazing. :(

And IX.

And I've yet to play VI. :toofloppy:

I need to track down a copy of it or something, because it's the only one I've yet to touch.

By reading this topic it's seem to be I'm one of those very few people here haven't finished FF6. I tried it like first 3 mins and the graphic is putting me off. Yes I admitted I'm a graphic *****. What makes FF6 really stand out? Is it better than FFX?

By reading this topic it's seem to be I'm one of those very few people here haven't finished FF6. I tried it like first 3 mins and the graphic is putting me off. Yes I admitted I'm a graphic *****. What makes FF6 really stand out? Is it better than FFX?

I'm not a big fan of FFX, so :flop:

The story is amazing, the characters are amazing, the music is some of the best in the series (Terra's Theme :legend:), the final boss sequence is very beautiful and amazing and ... it's just so good. There are a lot of sidequests, too, which is always good.

Plus, if you play VI, you can see that they borrowed significant elements from the game and reused them in VII.

And, even though I've already mentioned the characters ...

Terra, Celes and Kefka are amaaaaaazing characters.

Especially Kefka.

FF6_Kefkaart.png

Best FF villain, imo. Some of the stuff he does in this game make you wanna hate him, but he's so funny that you can't help but like him, too.

And the box cover is one of my favourites, too. :flop:

Final-Fantasy-6.jpg

I know VI is consistently considered one of the best FF games. IGN placed it at #1 on their list of best FF games a few years ago.

I think it is. The art style is about as good as it gets for an SNES game, the soundtrack is great, the cast is huge and every character is unique, and Kefka is a downright evil (but hilarious) villain. Indeed, a bunch of 6's ideas were tweaked and reused in 7, so if you like that game, 6 is definitely worth a try.

Another new article: http://andriasang.com/comywh/

-Paradigm shifts happen instantly

-The game can save paradigm combinations, so you don't have to reset them every time

-No more level caps

-Entirely possible to low-level the game by skipping enemy encounters

-Summons are back, but not as eidolons since the characters aren't l'cie any more

-If Serah and Noel die and only a monster is left in the party, it counts as a game over