💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is this the absolute truth or?

cosmicPOPdream

Featured Posts

cosmicPOPdream

The points made are really valid..remember how boring the pop scene was before GaGa revamped it?..I mean her hairbow and different colored hair styles were considered newsworthy, it was that stale back when she came on the scene!

Then it was like everyone had balls when it came to fashion & different hair colors/styles. SMH. And another annoying thing is now everybody has a nickname for their fanbase!!!! WTF. GaGa started the whole Little Monster nickname and now every fanbase has some stupid nickname attached to it -__-. Its like the record labels all realized they had to make their artists seem closer to their fanbases by nicknaming them some bull**** like "Barbz" and "Katy Kats" and ****. :roll:

But I also acknowledge GaGa/her management/team are responsible for a lot of what happened with ARTPOP also..Its clear shes been having a lot of behind the scenes issues...Drama with Perez/Larean Gibson/Troy Carter...shes working with different producers & fashion stylists now..so I think its a variety of different things.

I know Gaga isnt the first artist to do these things, but Im talking specifically about when she first came out, compared to the other women in pop at that time, they werent doing those things.

Of course. Gaga is the legitimate Queen of Art and Pop of our entire generation, hands down.

tumblr_n5kq6oBf6l1r7tt99o1_500.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MJHolland

It's true that she did start the trend but it's not impossible for her to stand out of she really wanted to. Miley was able to do it in 2013. The thing is that the costumes Gaga wore and still wears is her just being herself meanwhile everyone else is trying to be Gaga. 

So we are supposed to tell these women in pop that if you want to stand out you have to twerk on stage half naked for the amusement of men or you have to get thrown up on during a live performance (truthfully the only time this era she's stood out) :/

Lol, by far the the most notable pop artist in 2013-14 was Beyoncé, who was also by far the most contemporary (in music and looks, which she usually is anyways - but that didn't benefit her (or her album sales) before/during Gaga's clime to fame when everybody else was "conservative"/contemporary with their styles) 

JustPokeHerFace

This is basically the truth. It's not the sole reason for ARTPOP's issues, but it definitely didn't make anything easier. Honestly, Gaga's going to stick who she is with regards to fashion and her art. She doesn't show any signs of conforming to trends, which is one of the things that will set her apart from her contemporaries. 

And honestly, I think another artist who faces a similar situation at times is Beyonce. She was always a trendsetter when she first popped onto the scene and beyond. With her first three albums, she was highly successful and had a lot of people following her trends. But when she took a three year break and released 4, she didn't conform to the trends that Gaga had set and the other pop stars were following, and thus, 4 didn't meet up to the commercial success of her previous three albums. She kept with her artistic vision, and then has now had a very successful album cycle for her fifth album by doing this. Hopefully, the same will happen to Gaga in the future. 

RAMROD

Yes, that is the truth, dark side.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Yanko

Essentially. Although I hope that it wasn't just "cheap imitation" and making her stuff a "shtick"; I hope other artists' true creative expression came out as well when possible. 

:worship: THIS YES ITS TRUE AND IT IS NOT  A bad tthing tbh 

MahoganySnitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO4v_cA1jRE

Amazing! Thank you

ryhanna

Not entirely, but certainly a factor. That statement is pretty well written, too. 

Gracious Gaga

It's true that she did start the trend but it's not impossible for her to stand out of she really wanted to. Miley was able to do it in 2013. The thing is that the costumes Gaga wore and still wears is her just being herself meanwhile everyone else is trying to be Gaga. 

nicely put!

♥ Kindness Police.

FameHungry

I think about this fact almost every day. Not just because of the sad reality of it but also because it's hard to know when it will all start to fade away and artists will bring out more raw material. I worry because if it doesn't fade away then it will be very difficult for upcoming artists. They might feel the need to just quit because the stress of trying to live up to these antics and media/audience getting very picky with everything would be too much. The level of shock had been set very high and that's maybe why we're stuck with the same set of artists for a good while now.

I see zero lies here. Thankfully, Gaga has the talent to persevere alongside only the best and most imaginative artists.

Exactly. She has her talent. While the others have mostly antics and without them, they're nothing much really.

RAMROD

:kissga:

:runhug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tropico

I see no lies. :trootea:

POP CULTURE IS HER BITCH!

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived