Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

The Legend of Zelda

Haroon

Featured Posts

Haroon

Not sure whether I'll be getting Twilight Princess HD, but the Cave of Shadows sounds interesting :omg: 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Darcklighter22

So I recently purchased Xenoblade Chronicles X and I strongly feel the template in terms of open world seems to be similar to what Zelda Wii U might be since it will be an open world...and if so I can not wait for it to come out! as curently Xenobale is my favorite game for the Wii U...world is so huge and well made as well as the combination and way the gamepad is mixed with the game for fast travel. If it's in any way similar with the Zelda game...all the damn HD remakes they pointlessly put out was worth it for the delay on the main new title release! :)

• 4 months later...
Darcklighter22

So hyped for Breath of The Wild!! Makes a huge difference finally having a title other than "Zelda Wii U"

In anticipation, I purchased Twilight Princess HD (mainly for the Wolf Link amiibo to use in BoTW) but also from past experience with Zelda games I've only had luck in actually finishing the game from the HD remake :laughga:

The graphics look decent, I'm kinda mad at the fact there will be a NX and Wii U version though. Cause I think:

1) Wii U and NX will probably be alike, so goodbye to expecting a gamechanging console

2) The NX version will probably a port

Haroon

Wow it really is leaving quite some big conventions behind :omg: 

1. No ally/partner for Link

2. Can't get hearts from breaking pots or cutting grass, gotta gather and scavenge around for food items

I think it's really cool :flutter: Seen a few videos so far and the new abilities look super cool, Magnesis & Statis :worship2: Can't wait to see the others, even though the size of the map is gonna intimidate me because I'll be wanting to try the abilities everywhere to make sure that I get literally everything :rip:

Shield surfing also looks SO GODDAMN COOL :giveup:  

• 8 months later...
Haroon
On 3/16/2017 at 5:52 PM, Princess Zelda said:

How is this thread so dead? :giveup:

I'm surprised :toofunny: Have you got Breath of the Wild?

@bionic how's the game going? :excited2:

I haven't got the game and I'm not going to until I get a Switch but I'm kinda disappointed that there are frame rate issues, it's one of the things that annoys me most :emma: Like this game was created for Wii U and it can't run smoothly on a Wii U, it's just super weird because Mario Kart 8 runs pretty much at 60 FPS consistently and a game that's coming out much later is having trouble staying at 30 FPS :air: 

Cuchulainn

Preordered the switch - should be coming sometime next week. Can't wait to play this game! I've heard such good things.

Haroon
Just now, Creativek said:

Preordered the switch - should be coming sometime next week. Can't wait to play this game! I've heard such good things.

YAAAY I'm excited for you :woot:

I'm still not sure what to do, like after hearing about the frame rate issues and stuff I'm thinking/hoping they'll either do an update or release an updated version of the Switch next year or something, so I want to wait :huh: 

Cuchulainn
13 minutes ago, Haroon said:

I'm still not sure what to do, like after hearing about the frame rate issues and stuff I'm thinking/hoping they'll either do an update or release an updated version of the Switch next year or something, so I want to wait :huh: 

I just get so impulsive and wanted to get this system asap. I think it's probably smarter to wait for awhile (if you can lol).

Hopefully the framerate problems Can be fixed with a patch! I heard the switch version doesn't have as many issues as the Wii U though.  

What I'm reaaaally looking forward to is Mario Odyssey! Omg this game looks so fun. I'm so happy they are bringing back the M64 / Sunshine type worlds with more open exploration.

• 2 weeks later...
uo111
On 3/26/2017 at 8:34 PM, Haroon said:

They released an update that supposedly helped improve the frame rate, but it's still not perfect.

Anyways, it's not a good enough reason to not pick up BotW. It's truly an amazing experience right from the start.

It's challenging and rewarding, it requires forethought (until you get into the end game and become overpowered), it's breathtakingly beautiful and it's just darn fun. Zelda's character arc is also very nice and mature, though not exactly groundbreaking. Link, and Zelda's father also get some nice characterization (but you have to go out of your way to get it). My biggest complaint is that the story components are actually very, very short, and that the game gets to be quite easy when you get better armor. Maybe the DLC will fix some of those issues, considering the hardmode and extra story/dungeon.

The director of the game has said he thinks this is where the series will continue heading, so I hope they can find a way to make a more story heavy experience without giving up on that freedom of exploration.

Haroon
On 3/27/2017 at 2:48 AM, Creativek said:

I just get so impulsive and wanted to get this system asap. I think it's probably smarter to wait for awhile (if you can lol).

Hopefully the framerate problems Can be fixed with a patch! I heard the switch version doesn't have as many issues as the Wii U though.  

What I'm reaaaally looking forward to is Mario Odyssey! Omg this game looks so fun. I'm so happy they are bringing back the M64 / Sunshine type worlds with more open exploration.

I would've definitely gotten a Switch right away if it was backwards compatible, but as soon as I found out that it wasn't I was like "nope I'll wait :emma:" because I have quite a few unfinished games :sweat: And yeah I'll be getting one when Mario Odyssey comes out too :yay: Whether or not I'll get BoTW Wii U I'm not sure though, because I'd rather just get it once and the better version (well only a tiny bit better :rip:)

2 hours ago, uo111 said:

They released an update that supposedly helped improve the frame rate, but it's still not perfect.

Anyways, it's not a good enough reason to not pick up BotW. It's truly an amazing experience right from the start.

It's challenging and rewarding, it requires forethought (until you get into the end game and become overpowered), it's breathtakingly beautiful and it's just darn fun. Zelda's character arc is also very nice and mature, though not exactly groundbreaking. Link, and Zelda's father also get some nice characterization (but you have to go out of your way to get it). My biggest complaint is that the story components are actually very, very short, and that the game gets to be quite easy when you get better armor. Maybe the DLC will fix some of those issues, considering the hardmode and extra story/dungeon.

The director of the game has said he thinks this is where the series will continue heading, so I hope they can find a way to make a more story heavy experience without giving up on that freedom of exploration.

What a beautiful post :giveup: I've seen so many YouTube videos of it and I can't stop watching more, it looks so grand :deadbanana: 

The last part is what I'm confused about, like I'm not sure how you can balance the two :huh: When I first heard that you could straight away go to the final boss it seemed messy in my mind because then you just skip the story, but then again that's the player's choice and if they're in it for the story then they're surely gonna be exploring a lot and acquiring it :omg:

Maybe they'll dial it back a bit and make it like Link Between Worlds, where like the first part was linear but then the temple order after that was completely your choice. Though if they do anything less "free" than BoTW then they'll probably get super backlash :spin: 

Archived