💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gags should make her music like old times

BuzzcutSeason

Featured Posts

gagarunner

BTW was what SHE wanted to make. She made ARTPOP to appeal to the masses. She wanted commercial success. If you think that's not true, you're fooling yourself. ARTPOP is a lot more radio-friendly than BTW. BTW showed her true talent without compromising.

This. Gaga even said that every song on the album was 'designed to be a hit'. Tired of all this, 'we don't care about the charts' mentality that has increased tremendously since ARTPOP failed to live up to expectations/she said she doesn't care about the charts (which contradicts her stance on making every song on ARTPOP a hit).

BTW, to me, was such a flaw free (and ARTISITIC!) piece of work because it was gaga at her most sincere, and most fearless; and the way that she blended epic, anthemic 80's sounding melodies, with an electronic dance, house, techno, synthy, and rock & metal flair was impeccable. It is a piece of work where you see all her inspirations--but she transforms it into something entirely her own. ARTPOP, to me, was a huge step backwards for her, AND (ironically) her least cohesive and least 'artistic' album. There's nothing wrong with sounding like your old work, as long as you can keep it fresh.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

its funny cuz what we got on the ARTPOP cd was pretty much the medium between born this way and the fame/fame monster. it feels like it shoulda been released in 2010/2011 instead, with born this way coming after, cuz now ap feels like a regression. (with exception of a couple songs). the problem is that in itself; the fact that ARTPOP isnt different/fresh enough from her previous works, it just feels like shes going round and round in this whirlwind of stuff she's done before, she's even been literally referencing herself the past half year. its not that she needs to recreate music that's the sum of her past works, its that she needs to move on and begin the new chapter. she needs to elevate her craft, not stuff more into it. i think she needs to breathe, and just create organically. maybe stop trying to make typical dance pop. cuz its impossible to move edm forward right now, there's really nowhere else it can venture into. maybe some electronica/soft rock hybrid, that way what she organically creates on piano will translate better in a more semi-rock style.

This. Gaga even said that every song on the album was 'designed to be a hit'. Tired of all this, 'we don't care about the charts' mentality that has increased tremendously since ARTPOP failed to live up to expectations/she said she doesn't care about the charts (which contradicts her stance on making every song on ARTPOP a hit).

BTW, to me, was such a flaw free (and ARTISITIC!) piece of work because it was gaga at her most sincere, and most fearless; and the way that she blended epic, anthemic 80's sounding melodies, with an electronic dance, house, techno, synthy, and rock & metal flair was impeccable. It is a piece of work where you see all her inspirations--but she transforms it into something entirely her own. ARTPOP, to me, was a huge step backwards for her, AND (ironically) her least cohesive and least 'artistic' album. There's nothing wrong with sounding like your old work, as long as you can keep it fresh.

agree with both these posts :applause:

VasilisVas

I don't understand what exactly you're trying to say but ARTPOP is some of the best work of her career objectively. Fans that disagree are just saying that because it's not charting to well but ARTPOP is better than TF and BTW. It's close to TFM though. 

So you're pretty much saying people aren't entitled to their opinions, and if someone doesn't like Gaga's current album it's because it underperformed? Wow..the delusion in here  :awkney:

The Fame Monster was better.

XoXoJoanneGaga

great points all around

aaronyoji

also, if youre suggesting she should create music organically the way she made her first 3 albums, then yes i agree, but i wouldnt at all want the end product to be anything like her previous works/sum of her past. 

giskardsb

Her next album will be connected with the biggest decision in her career. If she would go the BTW/AP path again she will loose her international mega star status and become just gay diva. If she would decide to go back to the TF/TFM quality she may be number 1 again because she can make it. The question is: does she want it? Looking at her last times I think she doesn't for some reason.

TF/TFM era fans just want that era on continuous repeat. BTW fans just want that era on continuous repeat.  Gaga doesn't do continuous repeat.   As many, I see ARTPOP as slotting in more naturally into the space between TFM and BTW, but I don't consider it a regression as much as just a further exploration of that space.

TF/TFM era fans just want that era on continuous repeat. BTW fans just want that era on continuous repeat. Gaga doesn't do continuous repeat.

I said quality

XoXoJoanneGaga

TF/TFM era fans just want that era on continuous repeat. BTW fans just want that era on continuous repeat.  Gaga doesn't do continuous repeat.   As many, I see ARTPOP as slotting in more naturally into the space between TFM and BTW, but I don't consider it a regression as much as just a further exploration of that space.

It's not that so much as it's wanting her to perform at the same level. The music and visuals should be different from what she's done before, but the quality should be at a higher level than it's been this era (music videos, performances, cohesiveness, visuals, etc.)

SEANGT

she hasnt made mass-market pop since TFM. Sometimes I do miss it, but I like her targeting her quirky demographic and doing her own thing too. 

TimisaMonster

Doesn't matter what anyone says...Gaga's gonna make the music she wants...:later:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

RAMROD

I thought you were referring to Red and Blue,

Which I could agree on, cos that is fresh.

She cannot keep doing dance all her life.

I want her to be like Cher, who tries many genres.

But instead this was talking sbout TFM.

Meanwhile the album is great.

I do not wish for a rehash of thst.

It will ruin the TFM legacy for me.

She need to move on than look back.

So,

giphy.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived