Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Reasons for the fallout with Troy

SpadesToStart

Featured Posts

HORRORHOLIC

The two albums really don't have anything to do with each other. Gaga fans were gonna buy ARTPOP regardless just like Katy fans were gonna buy Prism. Fans of both Katy and Gaga probably bought both.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

That is the biggest load of **** I have ever heard. Applause was to come out August 19, Roar was released August 10 - Applause was subsequently released on August 12; the competition with Roar would've been there regardless. Miley's performance was already planned out and no matter what Gaga would've done - the look-a-likes or even if she pulled a SXSW-type performance at the VMAs Miley would've overshadowed her anyway. Get real. "It wasn't the smash it should have been" is a crock, too - it was #4 on the chart and was in the Top 10 for what, almost three months? It was a smash, but some people are pressed because it wasn't #1 so therefore it's a failure to many people. My god, this forum sometimes.

Preach.gif

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

FrankGutz

The two albums really don't have anything to do with each other. Gaga fans were gonna buy ARTPOP regardless just like Katy fans were gonna buy Prism. Fans of both Katy and Gaga probably bought both.

Never

tumblr_mky8228AAU1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

LiamMonster

I think it does mainly lie within "creative differences". Based off what's been said by Gaga, Troy wanted her to do things that compromised her artistically but would be a dead cert commercial smash. Basically it's all down to $$$ and how much people are willing to sell themselves, and other people, out for cash in the music business. Hence why any of Gaga's interviews at the end of last year were highly critical of 'corporations in the music industry'. 

I'm trying not to be too presumptuous here, but I've always had a feeling that MTV not allowing Gaga to do her original ideas for her red carpet and performance at the 2013 VMA's was something to do with Troy...

Yeah i agree with this tbh. But what do you mean by Gaga's original ideas for the VMA performance?? What was her original ideas??

Elizabeth

Yeah i agree with this tbh. But what do you mean by Gaga's original ideas for the VMA performance?? What was her original ideas??

Her original red carpet idea was to have herself, alongside multiple 'doubles' also walking down the carpet wearing her most iconic outfits so far in her career. (I can't find a source for this right now, but she mentioned it either on LM or in an interview?)

Then for her actual performance, here's a low-down of what the original performance should've been like: http://gagamedia.net/?p=17909

MTV vetoed both of these ideas, which seems very strange considering that in the past she's acted out bleeding to death on stage, worn a dress of raw meat and spent the whole night as 'Jo Calderone'.

sursumd

I agree with 100% of the things Gaga says about music and her art, so I'm glad she kicked Troys ass to the curb since he didn't respect or agree with her opinions.

Interludicrous

I think we have no clue what happened behind the scenes :flop: . Gaga and Troy knew eachother for years. We've only heard Gaga's side of the story, and she always used to say that Troy fully supported her artistic vision.

So even though there might be some truth to these theories, we can't act like we know Troys intentions. This fanbase acts like we know so much about Gaga's life, but in truth we only see snippets of everything that happens behind the curtains. And those snippets are most often revealed by Gaga herself, who likes to art-direct "all the ugly holes, and makes them beautiful again".

In short: we dont know anything.

Archived