đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How do you feel about this mission statement from july?

aaronyoji

Featured Posts

Creyk

taking a backseat to her image again. Most of the looks she had could have easily been worn during the Born This Way era and it was confusing considering it started looking so fresh and then turned into something that we're already used to. The album came out, its an amazing album but I feel like a lot of the tracks she was really routing for weren't allowed on the album and the label went for the songs that sounded good as to sounding fresh and different. After that everyone just got really lost and now we have the artRAVE which probably relates more to the 2012 version of ARTPOP more than the one we got as back then she spoke about d--gs and the decay and disney princess gone wrong as influences. 

So all in all, I think management have totally sidetracked her and changed ARTPOP into something completely different than what it originally set out to be. 

This is a really well-put together comment, but remember, she decided what tracks were on the album :)

There was that twitter tracklist reveal night....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vertigostick

Tbh, the concept this time around was difficult for the public to connect to.

I mean:

The Fame = light record about celebrity obsession, partying, s-x, love and having fun.

The Fame Monster = a take on different fears coming with fame. Still about love, s-x, money but with a darker twist.

Born This Way = a more "serious" record about self-acceptance, being yourself and finding your own way.

ARTPOP = reverse Warholian experience, bringing ART into POP...

aaronyoji

Well in a way she kind of hit the nail on the head about being an electronic rage because lots of the sounds on the album is that. 

However, the message of ARTPOP has been so messy. We've had so many messages about it and its been so confusing for fans. I felt like she just started saying "ARTPOP could mean anything" because she didn't have a clue what it was about either. Back in 2012, my expectations were sky high towards the end of the year. Her look changed as if she was ready to move onto the next era. We had these types of looks that were stripped back but at the same time were very fresh and I was excited about it back then, she spoke about the idea of the decay of the popstar and performed "Princess Die" which seemed like it was going to be an album song and she said that the media had killed the blonde. She was starting to bring the message through in her image then. 

Example: 

Lady+Gaga+Hair+Accessories+Headband+w-Uylady-gaga-visits-julian-assange-ecuador-ladygaga-notfat.jpgspl434556_025-wm900.jpg

Then that message started fading as we got into 2013 and we never really heard anything about ARTPOP for a while and then obviously the cancellation of the tour which sidetracked it. We'll never actually know what happened to that original concept for ARTPOP but it most likely has something to do with the record label not liking it. Then we got the promo photo in July and it started to look like we were back on track for this modern dance album in which she had this fresh and new simple image. She spoke about how she would relate ART to POP and was working with people like Marina Abramovic which made me think she was going to be really into art and delve deep into it. We got the demo for Aura and it was almost like she was going for this avant garde sound with really rough vocals and crazy sounds. 

Lady-Gaga-ARTPOP-promo-photo-ultra-high-lady-gaga-artpop.jpg

She kept that going for most of the Applause era and then by the time October came she was all over the place in terms of image and the message was so lost in her image and her music seemed to be taking a backseat to her image again. Most of the looks she had could have easily been worn during the Born This Way era and it was confusing considering it started looking so fresh and then turned into something that we're already used to. The album came out, its an amazing album but I feel like a lot of the tracks she was really routing for weren't allowed on the album and the label went for the songs that sounded good as to sounding fresh and different. After that everyone just got really lost and now we have the artRAVE which probably relates more to the 2012 version of ARTPOP more than the one we got as back then she spoke about d--gs and the decay and disney princess gone wrong as influences. 

So all in all, I think management have totally sidetracked her and changed ARTPOP into something completely different than what it originally set out to be.

I totally agree. 2012 ARTPOP, 2013 ARTPOP and 2014 ARTPOP all feel different and disjointed from another, but not In a good way.

Archived