Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How do you feel about this mission statement from july?

aaronyoji

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Willy Wonka

well explain. 

I had a great post and I hit the back button :'(

essentially, it was all style above substance again. That will constantly be her downfall. She can have all the greatest ideas in the world, but if she can't execute them, they're useless.

Robotboy

the beginning of ARTPOP was so promising. they messed it up :emma: but its not too late to save it so whatever

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

aaronyoji

This had me super hyped for ARTPOP. I love what we got (although I'm bitter about what we DIDN'T get) but I feel like this is a completely different ARTPOP.

I feel like we've been told about three ARTPOPs; this one, which Gaga really explored during the Applause era with all her talk about art and performance etc, the 2012 ARTPOP, which seems like it was completely different, and then the ARTPOP we ACTUALLY got which is actually just a fun pop genre-trip album.

i thought of that earlier the other day, i feel like, the music, the era concept, and the artrave are all different from each other and dont really hold up thematically. like, in 2012 ARTPOP was all like rave, princess high, party, closer to what the artrave is, partynauseous, stache, etc. then it was forecasted to look really sophisticated and modern, like the inez and vinoodh photoshoot, the press release, her applause video, etc. then there's the music which itself mirrors this ooble gobble of randomness. 

Gov Hooka

Gaga described ARTPOP as "a celebration and a poetic musical journey" that displayed a "lack of maturity and responsibility", contrary to the dark, anthemic nature of Born This Way,[22][23] and ultimately subscribing to what she called a "reverse Warholian" formula.[24] She told V magazine in an August 2013 interview that she underwent a "cosmetic experience with words" as she examined potential names for the project. "Popart" was initially favored as a prime candidate, but as Gaga questioned "the cultural implication of the words", and the title's evolution post-release, she soon found a "nice ring" to "ARTPOP".[25]

With ARTPOP, Gaga attempts to inject vulnerability into her work: Pierrot and Sandro Botticelli's The Birth of Venus painting have both been cited as muses of Gaga's creative vision.[16][26] The singer admitted to being increasingly self-conscious at the apex of the Born This Way era,[27] and when asked about the decision to refine her image, she responded:

For ARTPOP, I, in the most metaphorical explanation, stood in front of a mirror and I took off the wig and I took off the makeup and I unzipped the outfit and I put a black cap on my head and I covered my body in a black catsuit and I looked in the mirror and I said: 'OK, now you need to show them you can be brilliant without that.' And that's what ARTPOP is all about. Because I knew that if I wanted to grow, if I really wanted to innovate from the inside, I had to do something that was almost impossible for me.

isngAyjsXczPR.gif

but I don't think we're giving it enough credit. The app was a failure but she did a good job fulfilling some of the other aims of the era. It's quite sad because it could have really blossomed without the problems of the post-Applause era.

Hauser

No lie, that mission statement that was released with the first ARTPOP promo pic was so beautifully written, you can tell a lot of effort went into that. If only Gaga and her team put the same amount of effort into the execution of the album and it's campaign :emma: 

Willy Wonka

isngAyjsXczPR.gif

that was hard to read.

For ARTPOP, I, in the most metaphorical explanation, stood in front of a mirror and I took off the wig and I took off the makeup and I unzipped the outfit and I put a black cap on my head and I covered my body in a black catsuit and I looked in the mirror and I said: 'OK, now you need to show them you can be brilliant without that.'

lady_gaga-377540.jpg

Morphine Prince

It describes it in a very grandiose manner lol. But I can see the electronic rage part but the app was a let down.

aaronyoji

I had a great post and I hit the back button :'(

essentially, it was all style above substance again. That will constantly be her downfall. She can have all the greatest ideas in the world, but if she can't execute them, they're useless.

i get so frazzled cuz i feel like she was ready to execute it, like i really didnt think these ideas would be that hard to communicate, i mean for ****s sake i made a bunch of art pieces that where centered around ARTPOP and they where great, the photoshoot done by inez and vinoodh i feel really showcased a fresh theme, whites, sophistication, deconstruction, technology becomes nature, etc. but the music itself and as an era, it just feels like gaga is going in this constant circle of things shes done before. 

i understand ARTPOP as an album sort of serving as the last chapter to the first part of her career, you see that in the album, and you see all these stems of her past work/ideas, and i think when she starts over and starts the new chapter in her life we will see a lot of growth, BUT i thought thats what born this way was. it was an iconoclastic amped up rendition of what shes known to do but kickstarted with newer ideas. i thought that was the last chapter, and i was ready for ARTPOP to be the new beginning, unfortunately it wasnt that. 

PopReaper

The lack of consistency between the theory and execution + planning were def this era's lowest points tbh  :awkney:

i thought of that earlier the other day, i feel like, the music, the era concept, and the artrave are all different from each other and dont really hold up thematically. like, in 2012 ARTPOP was all like rave, princess high, party, closer to what the artrave is, partynauseous, stache, etc. then it was forecasted to look really sophisticated and modern, like the inez and vinoodh photoshoot, the press release, her applause video, etc. then there's the music which itself mirrors this ooble gobble of randomness. 

And there was also the first concept of Princess Die and decay of the popstar, etc.

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

garrettgivre

it was all style above substance again. That will constantly be her downfall. She can have all the greatest ideas in the world, but if she can't execute them, they're useless.

:applause:  :applause:  :applause:

Tokyo Rose

Since all of that is just a bunch of exciting buzz words without much meaning to them, I should have known what to expect with this album

Gov Hooka

i get so frazzled cuz i feel like she was ready to execute it, like i really didnt think these ideas would be that hard to communicate, i mean for ****s sake i made a bunch of art pieces that where centered around ARTPOP and they where great, the photoshoot done by inez and vinoodh i feel really showcased a fresh theme, whites, sophistication, deconstruction, technology becomes nature, etc. but the music itself and as an era, it just feels like gaga is going in this constant circle of things shes done before. 

i understand ARTPOP as an album sort of serving as the last chapter to the first part of her career, you see that in the album, and you see all these stems of her past work/ideas, and i think when she starts over and starts the new chapter in her life we will see a lot of growth, BUT i thought thats what born this way was. it was an iconoclastic amped up rendition of what shes known to do but kickstarted with newer ideas. i thought that was the last chapter, and i was ready for ARTPOP to be the new beginning, unfortunately it wasnt that. 

Nailed it on the head. Despite the shoddiness of the execution, I still see this theme of simplicity in everything she puts out, from her stage sets, to her music video backdrops. Like it's there but she didn't bring it enough and like you said fell into old habits as a result.

Essence

Reading this now really explains ARTPOP.. This has been the epitome of ARTPOP so far!

Yes!

artRAVE too

Archived