💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How do you feel about this mission statement from july?

aaronyoji

Featured Posts

aaronyoji

"In turn, the album ARTPOP musically mirrors gaga's creative process as she passes through the different mediums of all the artists she collaborates with, scoring a blueprint of her journey. The result, a rage of electronic passion and fury, defining each artistic process from beginning to end. ARTPOP could mean anything, but for her, this is a celebration of obsession"

how do you feel gaga executed this mission statement from the press release back form last july? do you feel she didnt even execute it? and why? do you feel she executed certain parts of this statement and not others? 

discuss.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prometheus

When she doesn't promote it a lot or do anything in the public's eye how are we to know if she executed it?

ryhanna

That's definitely not how I'd describe ARTPOP. :laughga: 

I still feel like Gaga's vision for ARTPOP was somewhat compromised by an aim for commercial success, to a degree. You can tell that's not all she focused on though, ARTPOP is still an artistic work in it's own right.

FATCAT

Reading this now really explains ARTPOP.. This has been the epitome of ARTPOP so far!

Purr more, hiss less.

Willy Wonka

that entire press release CRACKED ME UP

Built by TechHAUS, the technological branch of HAUS OF GAGA, the app itself is a musical and visual engineering system that combines art, fashion, and technology with a new interactive worldwide community – ‘the auras’. Altering the human experience with social media, we bring ARTculture into POP in a reverse Warholian expedition.

Exploring Gaga’s existence as a cultural interface, the user will share in the ‘adrenaline of fame; as they build and share their own projects, chat with one another, and watch in real-time on a virtual globe as ARTPOP explodes onto the physical and virtual universe at once on November 11, our ‘BIG BANG!’ On this day, HAUS OF GAGA venges with forte to bring the music industry into a new age: an age where art drives pop, and the artist once again is in control of the ‘icon’.

In turn, the album ARTPOP musically mirrors Gaga’s creative process as she passes through the mediums of each artist she collaborates with, scoring a blueprint of her journey. The result, a “rage†of electronic passion and fury, defining each artist process from beginning to end, ARTPOP could mean anything. But for her, this is a celebration of obsession. And on November 10, she will host an evening of artRave exhibiting Haus of Gaga projects as well as collaborations with Inez & Vinoodh, Robert Wilson, Marina Abramovic and Jeff Koons

i cant even

aaronyoji

When she doesn't promote it a lot or do anything in the public's eye how are we to know if she executed it?

by forming your own opinions separate from public reception?? :awkney:

that entire press release CRACKED ME UP

i cant even

well explain. 

Prometheus

by forming your own opinions separate from public reception?? :awkney:

I need different live performances from her. We haven't had many. When she performs at different venues (talk shows, etc.) she puts on different acts, whereas a tour is pretty much the same every night.

hughdancy

This had me super hyped for ARTPOP. I love what we got (although I'm bitter about what we DIDN'T get) but I feel like this is a completely different ARTPOP.

I feel like we've been told about three ARTPOPs; this one, which Gaga really explored during the Applause era with all her talk about art and performance etc, the 2012 ARTPOP, which seems like it was completely different, and then the ARTPOP we ACTUALLY got which is actually just a fun pop genre-trip album.

Archived