Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's Backing [lead] track (Lip-syncing chorus?)

EvilChromatica

Featured Posts

Kermit the frog

That's the same thing I'm talking about  :omfgaga: . Because for THAT performance, she still uses backing vocals. You can hear it at 1:26 when she stops singing for a sec. It's still backing vocals, but they're designed so that they add to her natural voice without overpowering it. She sings the main vocal, but the 2nd or 3rd layer of vocals are done with a backing track softly BELOW her real voice, rather than side-by-side or on top of it.

She had backup singers from TMB that night, these are not backing vocals from CD.

But yeah, I still agree that if she wants to support herself with a backing track, then use backup vocals only, not the full songs :deadbanana:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interludicrous

She had backup singers from TMB that night, these are not backing vocals from CD.

But yeah, I still agree that if she wants to support herself with a backing track, then use backup vocals only, not the full songs :deadbanana:

To me it sounded like the backings from the album :sweat:

Anyway, I guess I just prefer the album backing-vocals because they can be stylized, while back-up singers usually have a less versatile tone of voice. But that's a matter of taste :) . And I have to agree with you; most of my favorite performances of hers are the ones where she doesn't use backing tracks (except for ARTPOP at iTunes Festival).

Actually this entire thread is the exact reason why I was hoping she'd start doing more acoustic stuff on tour, but I guess that's out the window now tumblr_inline_n2g4lqRlX11qf3eh3.gif

Pain of fame1

THISSS. AND THERE ARE ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS. CALM DOWN MODERFCKERS, GAGA IS THE ARTIST WHO SINGS LIVE THE MOST

Ladle Ghoulash

yes, which proves she wasn't singing over the backingtrack :rip:

Not necessarily. You were saying that the back track is what you can hear the most and that, when she does choose to yell something, you can hear the volume that her mic is really at.

I think what this person was saying that you can hear her yelling over the backing track very loudly in the same way that you can hear her vocal over the backing track. 

To me it sounded like the backings from the album :sweat:

Anyway, I guess I just prefer the album backing-vocals because they can be stylized, while back-up singers usually have a less versatile tone of voice. But that's a matter of taste :) . And I have to agree with you; most of my favorite performances of hers are the ones where she doesn't use backing tracks (except for ARTPOP at iTunes Festival).

Actually this entire thread is the exact reason why I was hoping she'd start doing more acoustic stuff on tour, but I guess that's out the window now tumblr_inline_n2g4lqRlX11qf3eh3.gif

Yeah, she's only using the backing vocals from the album. She doesn't put the lead vocal on there. 

EvilChromatica

I am really shocked how she's using the lead vocals for the chorus now. I hope this get fixed soon.

SS77

THISSS. AND THERE ARE ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS. CALM DOWN MODERFCKERS, GAGA IS THE ARTIST WHO SINGS LIVE THE MOST

Exactly. That's what it is now. Compared to the other pop stars, she "sings live the most." It's a shame because it's not most of the time instead of all of the time.

I am really shocked how she's using the lead vocals for the chorus now. I hope this get fixed soon.

It really is a shame. You cannot hear live vocals at all during the chorus. It's all the studio vocals. I don't understand how people don't hear it.

GAGA IS THE ARTIST WHO SINGS LIVE THE MOST

Lots of artists don't lipsync and surely singing live should be the norm rather than the achievement :shrug: 

Born To Slay

Lots of artists don't lipsync and surely singing live should be the norm rather than the achievement :shrug:

This, people act like singing live is so special. Like when I comment that a singer doesn't sound good I get responses like "at least the didn't fake it and sang, you should be ****ing proud that they sang!"

I'm like "I wish they faked it, they're real voice is ****"

Can you hear her at all? Is it like that during most of the show?

SS77

And for all of you who are all like "You can't make judgments off of can recordings", um...did everyone's camera audio quality suddenly degrade for this tour? If anything, the cameras have significantly improved since 2008, so it's clearly not the fan recordings. You can clearly hear live vocals in "Paparazzi" in every single other fan recording since the beginning of her career (TMB and BTWB included). It wasn't until this tour that this complaint arose.

There has not been a single video of "Paparazzi" since the beginning of this tour where you can hear live vocals during the chorus. The cameras have nothing to do with the fact that she's playing studio vocals now.

Kitana

i dont get what so many people have against backing vocals. id rather listen to gagas recorded backing vocals then some dumb background singers that cant sing if their life would depend on it.

im looking at the girls from the ARTPOP performance live at jimmy or whoever that guy was

You will learn respect!

SS77

i dont get what so many people have against backing vocals. id rather listen to gagas recorded backing vocals then some dumb background singers that cant sing if their life would depend on it.

im looking at the girls from the ARTPOP performance live at jimmy or whoever that guy was

There's a HUGE difference between blasting backing vocals during a performance and recorded lead vocals during one.

Kitana

she always used the lead paparazzi vocals in her performances. i can say that since i filtered so many live vocals out of surround multi channels. it just gets noticed when she isnt singing loud enough.

You will learn respect!

Jeffrey_This_Way

IMO she really needs to tone down the use of the backing tracks. Her live vocals are what sets her apart from the rest of the herd. The live songs should sound live, after all. Just the fact that were having this discussion proves that the tracks are over abundant and too loud in the mix.

thefamebitch

Every time I have seen her, she had backing tracks but every time I could hear her real voice very clearly HOWEVER it sounds drowned out on recordings. You have to be there to judge.

• Bear locked this topic

Archived