Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's Backing [lead] track (Lip-syncing chorus?)

EvilChromatica

Featured Posts

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The backing track in paparazzi is officially gone  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Mtu4yWabE

Mess at y'all acusing gags of lip syncing and relying too much on the baacking track when all you have to judge are fan recordings. People that actually went to the shows say that you can hear her perfectly :emma:

Saint Laurent

Come back when u can sing and dance intensively for two hours  :staymad:

This is the number one thing I've been critical of Gaga over. She is always going on about lip syncing and how she is so against it, yet she uses a backing track almost all the time now. While it's technically not lip syncing why is it considered so different ? she's still not actually singing live most of the time regardless. 

The worst thing about it is how much of a mess it makes the performances look. As much as I'm against lip syncing (and I seriously think it should be illegal to charge fans to see a "concert" and lip sync, at least without it being advertised) I think it would actually make her performances at least look better visually and not be as noticeable if she would just lip sync a whole song instead of having two Gaga voices singing at the same time, and then one cut off, come back on or start talking to fans while the other keeps singing haha!! 

It makes me look like an idiot when I say Gaga doesn't lip sync and I'm watching a performance on a show or something and my son asks why she's still singing when her mouth isn't moving.

I don't wanna hear about "oh it's because there is so much dancing" because that's bs. Back in the day pop artists danced and still sang live, even Madonna used to sing 100% live in the 80's and she danced her ass off. Even if that was the case, they should use back up vocalists so it's still live, or let the dancers do the dancing.

This is true and I am very critical of artists singing live as well. This is why I have such respect for gaga. What I can say is based on seeing her live she sang pretty much the whole time except in parts where she screamed something.. Moved the mic away... Or the backing track got too loud for her to really sing over it. Not sure what the purpose of it has been but all I can say is when she hits that piano it really didn't matter anymore. She's got one of the greatest voices of our generation. The only real reason I can think of is to pace herself between songs.. Would be scared for her lungs otherwise :noparty:

Mess at y'all acusing gags of lip syncing and relying too much on the baacking track when all you have to judge are fan recordings. People that actually went to the shows say that you can hear her perfectly :emma:

We all know she doesn't lipsynced.. That is one thing we can take claim to as Monsters :flutter:

• 3 years later...
Dyllan Collis

The vocals are just louder, she's not lip syncing. This is not for the person that posted this question, this is for the people who are accusing her of lip syncing.

• 3 weeks later...
scallywally
On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2014 at 7:04 PM, Pain of fame1 said:

THISSS. AND THERE ARE ONLY THE FIRST SHOWS. CALM DOWN MODERFCKERS, GAGA IS THE ARTIST WHO SINGS LIVE THE MOST

:toofunny:

I dont mid either way, she puts on a great show. 

• 4 months later...
On 5/7/2014 at 7:34 AM, Interludicrous said:

There have been very few performances of Bad Romance or Telephone where her real voice was louder than her backing track, even at The Monster Ball. And even the pre-chorus of Applause - which isn't THAT hard to sing for her - mainly consists of backing vocals. Maybe it's just an insecurity of her?

It's especially clear when she finishes a chorus with heavy backing track and then starts singing again during a verse. The tone of her voice oftentimes doesn't match that of the chorus.

Whatever the reason is, it looks lazy and hypocritical of her to use backingtracks in places where she doesn't even need it. She has shown multiple times that she has the voice to sing those songs. I get that she needs to save her voice since she's doing so many shows, but I'd rather have less tour dates (or more spread out), than having her half-ass the vocals. 

On 5/7/2014 at 7:37 AM, Kermit the frog said:

From the recordings I can only hear her in verses, the choruses sound like full playback :(

Guys ya gotta remeber that these are recordings from most likely at phone or camera, watch the live streamed version and you’ll notice that she doesn’t ever lip sync or try to sing quieter than the playback :)

• Bear locked this topic

Archived