💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP: Not undefined, but all encompassing.

Ladle Ghoulash

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash

:worship:  :worship:  :worship:

I'm yours. Thanks for explaining this better than I could. Beautiful. I wish Gaga could see this post so that she knows for sure at least 1 beautiful fan knows EXACTLY what she means. I think it would make her very happy

Thank you so much. That really moved me. I would probably lose my mind if Gaga ever saw this. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount

No, totally. Same here. I just think that people have a kind of uninformed, knee-jerk reaction to the concept, so, I just thought I'd just add my two cents to the conversation. 

Exactly.  Some people just want things handed to them without the further understanding behind it.  IMO at least.

codymonster

Wow. I really enjoyed that. And it directly speaks to why it's been beat down by the media. Our culture likes cohesion; they like to make sense of things. Even when she didn't make sense during TFM, the media could still classify her as "the weird girl." Now she's too weird to be gorgeous, but too gorgeous to be weird. She has a powerful voice, so she'll sit down on the piano and sing. She's also a killer performer, so she'll do unique things on stage. She doesn't have to brand herself by wearing the same thing anymore, because she's a person, not a product. ARTPOP as a whole is so powerful, and the fact that it has been attacked by the media and GP truly solidifies that what she is doing is innovative and pushing against pop music and culture. She literally has freed herself from boundaries, which pisses off the people who make "the mold." Mind you, doing this all while producing fun, catchy, pop music. She's brilliant.

Ladle Ghoulash

Wow. I really enjoyed that. And it directly speaks to why it's been beat down by the media. Our culture likes cohesion; they like to make sense of things. Even when she didn't make sense during TFM, the media could still classify her as "the weird girl." Now she's too weird to be gorgeous, but too gorgeous to be weird. She has a powerful voice, so she'll sit down on the piano and sing. She's also a killer performer, so she'll do unique things on stage. She doesn't have to brand herself by wearing the same thing anymore, because she's a person, not a product. ARTPOP as a whole is so powerful, and the fact that it has been attacked by the media and GP truly solidifies that what she is doing is innovative and pushing against pop music and culture. She literally has freed herself from boundaries, which pisses off the people who make "the mold." Mind you, doing this all while producing fun, catchy, pop music. She's brilliant.

Exactly. People like branding and labels and like being able to put their finger on something or someone and say, "This is what this is and it will never/can never be anything else", but, with ARTPOP, Gaga is defying that logic, saying that they'll never be able to put her in that little box because she is human and not a product and is ever changing. 

EDIT: OH MY GOD, I MISSED THE BIT WHERE YOU SAID "PERSON, NOT A PRODUCT" INITIALLY, THEN, I TYPED IT, WENT BACK AND SAW THAT YOU HAD ALREADY SAID IT. YOU ROCK  :hug:

Ladle Ghoulash

To the OP: If you get a chance, read my take on the album's meaning and let me know what you think! http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/102321-what-does-it-mean-long-ish-read/

I remember reading this a little while ago! I really really loved it. It really resonated with me. (Not to mention that you inspired me to watch that interview that she did in Japan, which was absolutely brilliant). I wish more people had the attitude that you have about the album.

mcphee

This is exactly what I've seen from the start, great to see it put into words.  :yes:

blacklistedd

Not having a clear and concise vision makes it unpolished though in my opinion. Possibilities are endless or whatever, great, but does that add up to a great concept? I don't think so. But thats just my opinion.

I don't hate this era, I don't hate the album, I don't even hate the open-ended concept necessarily. I just don't think its that great and I don't think it amounted to her potential. She could do so many things and im just like this though? Of everything you could explore?

Ladle Ghoulash

Not having a clear and concise vision makes it unpolished though in my opinion. Possibilities are endless or whatever, great, but does that add up to a great concept? I don't think so. But thats just my opinion.

I don't hate this era, I don't hate the album, I don't even hate the open-ended concept necessarily. I just don't think its that great and I don't think it amounted to her potential. She could do so many things and im just like this though? Of everything you could explore?

Well, I don't necessarily think you're being fair, though. The era has certainly been scattered, but a lot of that was really beyond her control. Her time was incredibly poorly managed at the beginning of the era, and, I honestly think that she and her team are still recouping from that. I think the G.U.Y video, SXSW, Roseland and  the coming tour are going to be the most indicative of what she's wanted this era to be all along. 

Lest we forget (especially based on Gaga's projected 2 year period) that this era is still young. I think the album is fantastic and I think she's got a lot of great things in store now that she and her team are finally sorting things out. 

blacklistedd

Well, I don't necessarily think you're being fair, though. The era has certainly been scattered, but a lot of that was really beyond her control. Her time was incredibly poorly managed at the beginning of the era, and, I honestly think that she and her team are still recouping from that. I think the G.U.Y video, SXSW, Roseland and  the coming tour are going to be the most indicative of what she's wanted this era to be all along. 

Lest we forget (especially based on Gaga's projected 2 year period) that this era is still young. I think the album is fantastic and I think she's got a lot of great things in store now that she and her team are finally sorting things out. 

The era is young? I don't agree with that statement.

I also believe shes had some turbulence behind the scenes but at the same time I just don't care for where shes taken the era aesthetically in general. I really was into the initial looks and she just did a 180 and started gluing seashells onto her bra and teased her beautiful wig beyond recognition and eventually dyed it green. Its so ugly. I genuinely think this is the ugliest and least expensive her style has ever been although the stage for the ARTrave is looking pretty dope though. And the actual GUY portion of the music video was pretty dope too. But I mean, idk. This just isn't what I want from her visually. Im hoping she either releases something new this year or does another 180 and switches up her style.

Tommy Monster

Yes, this is the truth tea :tea: I've been saying it for quite a long time that ARTPOP is actually more born this way than Born this way :ohwell:

Ladle Ghoulash

I also believe shes had some turbulence behind the scenes but at the same time I just don't care for where shes taken the era aesthetically in general. I really was into the initial looks and she just did a 180 and started gluing seashells onto her bra and teased her beautiful wig beyond recognition and eventually dyed it green. Its so ugly. I genuinely think this is the ugliest and least expensive her style has ever been although the stage for the ARTrave is looking pretty dope though. And the actual GUY portion of the music video was pretty dope too. But I mean, idk. This just isn't what I want from her visually. Im hoping she either releases something new this year or does another 180 and switches up her style.

But, like I said before, everything you described has to do with potential having yet to be met. Not to mention that I think that anti-fashion is definitely an ARTPOP theme. She talked at the SXSW keynote about how people expect her to look "beautiful" and "great" all the time, but, she doesn't have to be any of those things if she doesn't want to be.

For me, one of the things I've found that's made being a super fan of hers a lot easier is not projecting expectations on her except for: what she's going to do is what she wants to do. I just want her to follow her compass. 

blacklistedd

But, like I said before, everything you described has to do with potential having yet to be met. Not to mention that I think that anti-fashion is definitely an ARTPOP theme. She talked at the SXSW keynote about how people expect her to look "beautiful" and "great" all the time, but, she doesn't have to be any of those things if she doesn't want to be.

Yes, I get anti-fashion. Fine. But I don't like the direction shes taken her anti-fashion. I don't like her sense of style about 90% of the time. And I believe she does believe shes meeting her potential these days. I think she already made that transition a few months ago. Its not something thats still in the process of growing.

For me, one of the things I've found that's made being a super fan of hers a lot easier is not projecting expectations on her except for: what she's going to do is what she wants to do. I just want her to follow her compass. 

Its not about me projecting my expectations on her to say that I don't love her sense of style these days. Its just how I feel.

Ladle Ghoulash

Yes, I get anti-fashion. Fine. But I don't like the direction shes taken her anti-fashion. I don't like her sense of style about 90% of the time. And I believe she does believe shes meeting her potential these days. I think she already made that transition a few months ago. Its not something thats still in the process of growing.

I think it certainly is. I mean, to say that something that is currently happening right now is beyond the potential of growth is rather asinine, honestly. 

Even when the tour (which I've been using as a marker for the era's potential being met) debuts, it's going to continuously change. I mean, compare The Monster Ball 1.0 to The Monster Ball 2.0 and even compare 2.0 to the last leg of the tour. It's ever changing because it's alive. (Not to mention that Gaga at the beginning of TFM era was quite different than the Gaga at the end of TFM era) 

Its not about me projecting my expectations on her to say that I don't love her sense of style these days. Its just how I feel.

It's not necessarily that you're saying that you don't like her style, it's the way you've been saying it (calling it the "ugliest" era). It just means that you're holding it up to some standard of style that you feel isn't being met. 

blacklistedd

I think it certainly is. I mean, to say that something that is currently happening right now is beyond the potential of growth is rather asinine, honestly. 

Even when the tour (which I've been using as a marker for the era's potential being met) debuts, it's going to continuously change. I mean, compare The Monster Ball 1.0 to The Monster Ball 2.0 and even compare 2.0 to the last leg of the tour. It's ever changing because it's alive. (Not to mention that Gaga at the beginning of TFM era was quite different than the Gaga at the end of TFM era) 

Of course its going to continually change, which is why I said hopefully she does another 180. But I feel like you're trying to say its just barely getting better. As if shes just barely doing what she wants now and I think shes been doing that for quite some time. She parted ways with Troy a long time ago now.

I don't like her style right now. I don't have to like it. Shes Gaga, of course shes going to change.

It's not necessarily that you're saying that you don't like her style, it's the way you've been saying it (calling it the "ugliest" era). It just means that you're holding it up to some standard of style that you feel isn't being met. 

I do think its her most unpolished era thus far. She looks cheap with that ugly wig and seashell bra. Why are you trying to act like I don't have the right to say I dislike it?

Archived