Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP: Not undefined, but all encompassing.

Ladle Ghoulash

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash

AN-Y-THING

Honestly, to those who continue to call the concept of ARTPOP undefined, I don't think you're looking at it closely enough. The concept doesn't have a concrete definition, because it's not meant to. It's expansive, all encompassing...the ultimate liberation. It's the concept that you can create anything regardless of expectation. There are no limits. Any two things (concepts, sounds, fashion styles and even people) can exist together as long as the adhesive is love and passion. ART and POP can live together if you're passionate about it, in the same way EDM can exist with the countless subgenres of music on the album (metal, glam rock, rnb, synthpop, disco, funk etc) because Gaga, the passionate artist, is the cohesion. You can see this in the album art: the way that all of this fine art is exploding from inside of her in a kind of psychedelic, chaotic explosion. She can be the punk chick and the cover girl for Versace's spring campaign, the pop star and the rock star, rich and altruistic, haute coutre and streetwear...she can be anything, and with ARTPOP, through Gaga's exploration of self through her past work and the work she wants to make moving forward, she wants to tell you that you can be too.

ARTPOP is about freeing yourself and, subsequently, the world at large from expectation, preconceived notions and pretense. Defy the status quote because reality is yours so long as you exist. Create what you want and celebrate your pain, because it will set you free. **** the haters. Do what you love and do it to help other people because you love them. Love yourself. Take control over your life.

ARTPOP is about everything that Gaga's career has been about since day one. ARTPOP is just the mantra she's used in the creative process. 

"May the coming year be only limited by our imaginations. ARTPOP." - Lady Gaga

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any two things (concepts, sounds, fashion styles and even people) can exist together as long as the adhesive is love and passion

I feel like you have explained ARTPOP better in one sentence than Gaga has in months and months of explanations. 

Ladle Ghoulash

I feel like you have explained ARTPOP better in one sentence than Gaga has in months and months of explanations. 

Well, I think the problem with the way that concept is presented in the media is that everyone always asks her for one solid definition and, the truth is, there isn't necessarily one. It's more of a feeling and an experience than it is an academic realm. It's a very visceral idea.

Well, I think the problem with the way that concept is presented in the media is that everyone always asks her for one solid definition and, the truth is, there isn't necessarily one. It's more of a feeling and an experience than it is an academic realm. It's a very visceral idea.

I've always had this understanding of ARTPOP as being one of organics rather than inorganics, if you will. That is to say that the process of ARTPOP or becoming an ARTPOPist :toofloppy: is understanding that any one two things can belong together, regardless of differences or extraneous variables, as long as there is love and passion. Very visceral indeed, but horribly convoluted and not easy to swallow lol. 

Ladle Ghoulash

I've always had this understanding of ARTPOP as being one of organics rather than inorganics, if you will. That is to say that the process of ARTPOP or becoming an ARTPOPist :toofloppy: is understanding that any one two things can belong together, regardless of differences or extraneous variables, as long as there is love and passion. Very visceral indeed, but horribly convoluted and not easy to swallow lol. 

Convoluted from an academic sense, of course; but, not everything is meant to be consumed that way. Like, if you think about love and all of the circumstances that surround it and the psychological and emotional nuance, it's very paradoxical. But, we know love when we see it and feel it and I think ARTPOP is the same way.

DeleteMyAccount

I've always seen the definition within the song ARTPOP.  

Ladle Ghoulash

I've always seen the definition within the song ARTPOP.  

It's there, but the language is very poetic and I think that people often kind of lose the greater scope of the idea. 

squeala

ARTPOP as a concept is a non-concept. It's not convoluted whatsoever.

Thanks OP  :yes:

Ladle Ghoulash

ARTPOP as a concept is a non-concept. It's not convoluted whatsoever.

Thanks OP  :yes:

Exactly! Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that there was a term for that. 

djBuffoon

Exactly. It's difficult enough for an arist to objectively describe their work for the masses, let alone one with such a cerebral and abstract concept.

squeala

Exactly! Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that there was a term for that. 

I'm not sure if I just made it up haha!

DeleteMyAccount

It's there, but the language is very poetic and I think that people often kind of lose the greater scope of the idea. 

Yea, I'm a poet/writer so it just comes to me.  I've always been told that I have great a--lytical skills as well.   :yes:

Ladle Ghoulash

Yea, I'm a poet/writer so it just comes to me.  I've always been told that I have great a--lytical skills as well.   :yes:

No, totally. Same here. I just think that people have a kind of uninformed, knee-jerk reaction to the concept, so, I just thought I'd just add my two cents to the conversation. 

ItsTommyBitch

:worship:  :worship:  :worship:

I'm yours. Thanks for explaining this better than I could. Beautiful. I wish Gaga could see this post so that she knows for sure at least 1 beautiful fan knows EXACTLY what she means. I think it would make her very happy

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Archived