💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The reason why Scheiße couldn't be a single & AP isn't appretiated

Tropico

Featured Posts

Dunk96

I'm cackling. I thought it was common knowledge that Scheisse's lyrics were faux-German?

In all honesty I disagree with the main idea of this thread, no disrespect. ARTPOP had a lot of potential and people were excited, but the ball was dropped in terms of consistent promotion and delivery. Entire countries and markets have been ignored, so many opportunities missed... that's why the album isn't appreciated -- people don't know about it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MurderLipstick

Well, look at Gangman Style. That had barely any English and it was received as a hit in the states and worldwide.

Tropico

Well, look at Gangman Style. That had barely any English and it was received as a hit in the states and worldwide.

And where is PSY today? :usrs: #TheDecay

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

DirtyLittleMonster

No.

The reason why is because the verses of Sheisse sound like chorus of the song 'Ladies' Night'

http://youtu.be/LtPgkuGhtC4?t=46s

I'll take you out tonight

Do Whatever you like

Sheisse, sheisse be mine

Sheisse be mine

It's a lady's night

And the feeling's right

It's a lady's right

Oh, what a night

Anderson123

I think it's a 50% - 50% thing when it comes to Gaga songs. Sure, Scheiße has a lot of gibberish in it, but the long intro would've been cut from the radio version (It'd go from "I don't speak german but I can if you'd like" to the synth, instead of the acapella verses) and it could probably be interesting to people out there. I mean, when it comes to a Gaga song, it's either you love it or you hate it, and Scheiße could've been a successful song, or one that nobody noticed. Who knows.

BuzzcutSeason

No one will ever come out and say it but a lot of people just do,kt like ARTPOP because it "underperformed" (I don't ****ing see how though). People just want Gaga to be a #1 hiter all the time and any time she doesn't the backlash she gets. For example Judas... People say it ruined her career and BTW ended it. Funny because she's going on another world tour. People seem to base their opinion on Gaga's music based on how well it sells, it's popularity, chart position and how well or terribly the GP responded to it. I'm so positive if G.U.Y. Was #1 still right now people would praise it. Or if ARTPOP sold 350K first week people would like it. And by people I mean stans.

So that's a huge part of why people seem to not like AP but of course nobody's got the guts to say "I don't like AP because it didn't do crazy well" (even though it did) so instead they'll say "She's trying too hard/ she has bad producers" blah blah blah bull**** bull**** bull****.

no the quality of the music isn't as good as her old stuff, i personally don't care about the charts as much, i just want good success. and ARTPOP had it. i don't care for that, its just that the music really isn't that great and it sometimes seems like gaga try's to hard to be different.

MonsterOfSpain

No.

The reason why is because the verses of Sheisse sound like chorus of the song 'Ladies' Night'

http://youtu.be/LtPgkuGhtC4?t=46s

I'll take you out tonight

Do Whatever you like

Sheisse, sheisse be mine

Sheisse be mine

It's a lady's night

And the feeling's right

It's a lady's right

Oh, what a night

You have to be kidding :lmao:

Slade

I agree, but I think ARTPOP was lacking some more organized promotion. That probably hurt it too.

Phlop

Scheisse wouldve slayed with a proper radio edit, I'm sure they wouldnt have kept the 30 sec intro... Could you imagine the dance remixes? :legend:

It was risky, but its a MUCH better feminism anthem than G.U.Y.

BYE

moonboywow

Can we stop trying to predict what will slay or would have slayed? We have no idea what non fans would like. Most people like the song then find out its gaga and then suddenly don't like it. Just enjoy what she puts out and enjoy the art of it all. Smoke pot and think about all the rad things she still hasn't done

But Scheiße is like the only German word in the song :awkney: and you can't just assume people will have a negative reaction to the song because it's not all English lyrics. Psy was getting played on the radio and his music is in Korean :flop: we don't know how the song would've done but it probably would've done well considering the success of other BTW.

:rofl:

DirtyLittleMonster

You have to be kidding :lmao:

I am not kidding...

If you listen to those two parts, they sound exactly the same, Gaga even acknowledged it...so stop.

Did you actually listen to both parts?

MonsterOfSpain

I am not kidding...

If you listen to those two parts, they sound exactly the same, Gaga even acknowledged it...so stop.

Did you actually listen to both parts?

I did... but it didn't sound similar, when did Gaga acknowledge it?

DirtyLittleMonster

I did... but it didn't sound similar, when did Gaga acknowledge it?

It's a Ladies' Night - is sung slower and I thought everyone already knew this. She acknowledged it a few years ago to some fans out in public.

If you sing the chorus of IALN faster, it sounds exactly like Scheisse. 

I thought this was old news.

Archived