Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The reason why Scheiße couldn't be a single & AP isn't appretiated

Tropico

Featured Posts

oh ,

what do they actually mean.. :awkney:

Ich = I

Es = It

Fraulein = Miss (not the verb, but an unmarried woman)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
somechick

Well she was going for German. I've always heard that she only used some German words but I thought the intro was German but I've been told otherwise. :shrug:

Nope. I sat nezt to a German lady at work and I showed her the lyrics and she said it was not German (with the exception of the song name, Fraulein and Ich).

But Scheiße is like the only German word in the song :awkney: and you can't just assume people will have a negative reaction to the song because it's not all English lyrics. Psy is getting played on the radio and his music is in Korean :flop: we don't know how the song would've done but it probably would've done well considering the success of other BTW.

somechick

Ich = I

Es = It

oh yeah and Es. lol

Karandr

The only German words in that are Ich, Es, and Fraulein :rip: and yes, I speak German :rip:

I'm cackling. I thought it was common knowledge that Scheisse's lyrics were faux-German?

In all honesty I disagree with the main idea of this thread, no disrespect. ARTPOP had a lot of potential and people were excited, but the ball was dropped in terms of consistent promotion and delivery. Entire countries and markets have been ignored, so many opportunities missed... that's why the album isn't appreciated -- people don't know about it.

kizurl

maybe ill read your post if you can spell 'appreciated' correctly

Sugarfall

Just, no, there is not a single word of German in the song Scheiße, except the word Scheiße  :rip: Also, why do you think some songs in foreign languages no one speaks get HUGE like Gangnam Style or the Ketchup Song :rip:

Theres Scheisse, Fräulein, Ich and Es

TraeumereiLPB

I am from germany and I can assure you: The intro is NOT in german (except for maybe two or three words) :rip: It's just some gibberish, hence she says "I don't speak german".

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

MonsterRocket

I think it would have slayed!

In fact Gaga, as she said once on lm.com's chat, she'd have chosen Born this way, Marry the Night, Scheisse, The Edge of glory to be the album's singles (in that order)

Oscar

At that time it would have slayed imo and I disagree that ARTPOP is to complex for the GP to understand. It's really not hard to understand the album. The real problem is that they don't know about it. Guaranteed if the GP heard ARTPOP they would fall in love. 

fullofsheibe

Ich = I

Es = It

ow. :)

scheiBist

That chorus is too relatable and catchy to be deemed a 'flop'. The German-gibberish gives it that extra flair that's associated with Gaga. I mean she spent the first couple bars of Bad Romance speaking gibberish as well (Ra-ha ra-ha-ah... Gaga, ooh la la...), yet it got to #2 and is one of her most iconic songs. I think we're underestimating the GP back then.

Just hope she puts in a BTW melody during the artRAVE.  :legend:

BuzzcutSeason

ARTPOP  think to me didn't compare to the stuff she has done. And the reason Applause was a  top 5 single was cuz it reminded people of her early hits. Then DWUW came out and its like...oh more differences. i don't care for DWUW that much, its just an okay song, but other people think she is trying to hard to be different and i kind of gotta agree a little bit.

there's no other reason i've talked to many people thats whats going on..

Tropico

ARTPOP  think to me didn't compare to the stuff she has done. And the reason Applause was a  top 5 single was cuz it reminded people of her early hits. Then DWUW came out and its like...oh more differences. i don't care for DWUW that much, its just an okay song, but other people think she is trying to hard to be different and i kind of gotta agree a little bit.

there's no other reason i've talked to many people thats whats going on..

No one will ever come out and say it but a lot of people just do,kt like ARTPOP because it "underperformed" (I don't f--king see how though). People just want Gaga to be a #1 hiter all the time and any time she doesn't the backlash she gets. For example Judas... People say it ruined her career and BTW ended it. Funny because she's going on another world tour. People seem to base their opinion on Gaga's music based on how well it sells, it's popularity, chart position and how well or terribly the GP responded to it. I'm so positive if G.U.Y. Was #1 still right now people would praise it. Or if ARTPOP sold 350K first week people would like it. And by people I mean stans.

So that's a huge part of why people seem to not like AP but of course nobody's got the guts to say "I don't like AP because it didn't do crazy well" (even though it did) so instead they'll say "She's trying too hard/ she has bad producers" blah blah blah bulls--t bulls--t bulls--t.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Teri Hatcher

truth tea

By the time you reach the end of this sentence, it'll be too late to realize I just wasted your time with a pointless sig.

Archived