Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What does it mean?!? (long-ish read)

djBuffoon

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TimisaMonster

I think they do take their work seriously.  Their work is to produce music that will top the charts and make the most money.  Their music brings joy to a great many people and, actually, we need music for all the different tastes.  We are just fortunate that Gaga takes a different route and does not conform or buckle under pressure.  We are the happy beneficiaries of what Gaga is doing.

I think it's a two-way street.  We wouldn't Gaga to produce music like the other pop stars.  But a great many people wouldn't like their faves to change and produce music like Gaga's.  The way I see it, all is good.

Btw, I love the OP.  GGD needs more thoughtful and reasoned discussions like this one.

:applause:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

• 3 weeks later...
thefamefatale

I'm a little late - but great post. I really enjoyed reading this.  :flutter:

don't be a drag

djBuffoon

I'm a little late - but great post. I really enjoyed reading this. :flutter:

Thank you, darlin!

blueberryx

Really insightful and well-written. Thanks for contributing your thoughts, there really ought to be more posts like yours!!

feelitinmybones

I feel the same way :nooo:

I love ARTPOP soooo much and you wrote exactly what I was feeling. I've been going through so much lately within myself and trying to figure out who I am, and I think the album has a lot to do with helping me go through all that. :applause:

djBuffoon

I've been going through so much lately within myself and trying to figure out who I am, and I think the album has a lot to do with helping me go through all that. :applause:

Same. Moreso than her previous albums, this one incited a creative passion in me. I've been hungrier for absorbing art and information.

Really insightful and well-written. Thanks for contributing your thoughts, there really ought to be more posts like yours!!

Thank you!!!!

Elizabeth

Really awesome read! I agree with everything you've said and I was racking my brains thinking of something to reply with, but I think you've summed it up perfectly!

I cannot believe it's taken me until now to see this thread :giveup: 

djBuffoon

Really awesome read! I agree with everything you've said and I was racking my brains thinking of something to reply with, but I think you've summed it up perfectly!

I cannot believe it's taken me until now to see this thread :giveup:

Thanks, Liz :) If the thread allows even one fan to give this album more thorough consideration, I'm happy.

VforVendetta

Agreed. :applause: ARTPOP for me is the fact that Gaga mixed the futuristic ideas and sounds of her mind with the trends and sounds of the industry now to make an album about many different directions, an album that talks about many different things that Gaga had in her mind (thematically, sonically and lyricaly) combined with the tends of today. ARTPOP contains the themes of all her previous albums as well inside. A hybrid of Gaga's experiences.

An EXCELLENT a--lysis tbh. :giveup:

I'm very impressed, you really enlightened me on some subjects, particularly the fact that the essence of ARTPOP's message is keeping ART on the front, and making POP the canvas.

Imo, ARTPOP really is an intellectual masterpiece. Every fan and critic has his own interpretation of ARTPOP. With BTW, the message was straight forwardly empowering the the insecure and the disabled and the LGBT community, ARTPOP had a much deeper meaning. :yes:

That is precisely why Gaga had different explanations and definitions of the album from time to time. On first thought, the "ARTPOP is about possibilities" and the whole art-canvas-passion themes didn't seem to blend well. But after so much brainstorming, I came to the conclusion that they all make sense and click together. :flutter:

MY definition of ARTPOP is that ANY TWO THINGS or aspects of life could belong together as long as the bond which forges then together is passion and ambition.

ARTPOP really reflects well on what is going on in Gaga's mind.

Pity that the GP doesn't value the depth of the message, they only value the temporary pleasure they find in listening to a song.

Great, great read. :kisses:

It is because of your very philosophical nature, and your rhetoric skills to convey your message, that you are one of my favourite members here. :flutter:

djBuffoon

I can imagine Gaga being so happy and proud if she ever reads this thread. :flutter:

omg Thank you ReRe, for your kind words!!! You are a favorite of mine as well [:hug:]

Archived