💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Single Progress, Predictions, and Reflections

Shadow

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

I agree. Lady Gaga's specialty is dance tracks. And HML is NOT a dance track. I don't even know how to describe it. Great for fans. Not so great for the people who follow the crowd.

Actually, the song sounds good in clubs. It's a dance track imo. :roll:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the song sounds good in clubs. It's a dance track imo. :roll:

Not a commercial dance track though

I won't die, but I can't live without you

• 2 weeks later...
Hecturr

I think Gaga should take a break and just focus on her tour. Even the radio stations are saying she's overplayed now.

Aga Gydal

"Born This Way" was an album that did a lot more for her artistry than her chart performances. After TFM her next step was to make a cohesive album that did more than sell singles, but to legitimize her presence in pop culture and music. Her entire career was leading up to this album and the lead track. There is definitely a lot of politics behind her name but she never got the opportunity to fuse her music and her message together until now.

I didn't expect "Born This Way" to churn out chart-toppers because I knew that wasn't her business goal. The promotional singles, the Farmville/Metro uploads, and the 99 cent Amazon sale showed that she was more interested in pushing the whole album out as a unit than positioning it as simply a collection of singles. That's what Beyonce did with "4," which was why it seemed like she had a new single each week. It's a legitimate business strategy, and I suppose in a field where Katy Perrys and Rihannas have amazing single sales and abysmal album numbers people expect people like Gaga to follow suit.

I don't know where she goes from here but I think the album (BTW) held more value than the sum of its parts, and I assume that Gaga knew that as well, which was why she chose an album orientation over a singles orientation. The singles did alright overall, but legitimate flops like Judas and Marry The Night showed that the album as a whole was more valuable (and cohesive) than the lonely singles advertised it to be.

Dangerous Man

"Born This Way" was an album that did a lot more for her artistry than her chart performances. After TFM her next step was to make a cohesive album that did more than sell singles, but to legitimize her presence in pop culture and music. Her entire career was leading up to this album and the lead track. There is definitely a lot of politics behind her name but she never got the opportunity to fuse her music and her message together until now. I didn't expect "Born This Way" to churn out chart-toppers because I knew that wasn't her business goal. The promotional singles, the Farmville/Metro uploads, and the 99 cent Amazon sale showed that she was more interested in pushing the whole album out as a unit than positioning it as simply a collection of singles. That's what Beyonce did with "4," which was why it seemed like she had a new single each week. It's a legitimate business strategy, and I suppose in a field where Katy Perrys and Rihannas have amazing single sales and abysmal album numbers people expect people like Gaga to follow suit. I don't know where she goes from here but I think the album (BTW) held more value than the sum of its parts, and I assume that Gaga knew that as well, which was why she chose an album orientation over a singles orientation. The singles did alright overall, but legitimate flops like Judas and Marry The Night showed that the album as a whole was more valuable (and cohesive) than the lonely singles advertised it to be.

:clap:

yeah, btw was not really for commercial purpose (tho it's not what her labels wants).

Imo, this album is her greatest work. It may not be that successful as TF+TFM, but whatever. It sold a lot considering Adele is dominating rn.

I don't know if in the US is happening, but here in Puerto Rico, Scheisse is being played a lot on the radio. I always wished that song was a single.

Also, I always saw Born This Way as an album for self help rather than a commercialized album. But it still sold millions of copies.

Dangerous Man

I don't know if in the US is happening, but here in Puerto Rico, Scheisse is being played a lot on the radio. I always wished that song was a single.

Also, I always saw Born This Way as an album for self help rather than a commercialized album. But it still sold millions of copies.

Me too! I want it as a single after YUYI. But i guess it has the destiny of DITD. :cry:

btw ur country is flawless for playing Scheisse like crazy.. :cool:

Bloody Mary

MARRY THE NIGHT: SEPTEMBER 2011 - JANUARY 2012. :legend:

Wow. Such a long era for such an underperforming song :cry:

MTN should have been single #2! It would have slayed!!!

Oh wow. What's the radio edit like?

If Heavy Metal Lover is the next single it will do much better, I'm sure!

No. But I LOVE your signature!

2lm0y7c.jpg

Rest in peace, Marry The Night. Your era was amazing. :cry:

Thanks for the amazing fashion. Thanks for the amazing music video.

Thanks for the amazing performances. Thanks for the amazing interviews.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

MARRY THE NIGHT: SEPTEMBER 2011 - JANUARY 2012. :legend:

:legend: :legend: :legend:

• 2 weeks later...
Gaga is Life

I wonder if she'll ever have another #1 hit on billboard that isn't a lead single. I think she can if everything's timed right.

She gave MTN all she could give it.

But it went down like the Titanic :nails::coffee: :marrytheflops:

487938619.gif?Expires=1327306921&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=zX8fzvooahzcx6pWOMjQbYqgVg6w5BJv4q1OtUVkmHf6WrVLrmV0tIQwlfJ6rzvRlp~n1GXcchA5xgE8qSb0Gsf4KjMuDCYCsYGqXMqXkOFvT0WEWbLSoa~FlgbvoATn7vJKZtn9shuWL-WJUGCD23SlyurV~DjWSD53m5klyuk_

RIP MTN

very sad for gaga :(

Archived