Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Iggy who?

tokyodisko

Featured Posts

tokyodisko

:lmao: there is no "case" you need to be more careful about throwing the race-card around.

:toofunny: Yeah, I'm the one who should re-examine things. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HIMER0S

C2tBAyI.jpg

Azalea, Bitch.

Work, work, work, work, working on my shiiit :D

I don't need eyes to see

Antichrist

The video says 2NE1 but isn't that a group? Why's there only one girl? :confused:

MTBD is a solo song by 2NE1's leader, CL :heart: They performed the whole concert together, obviously, but she sang the song on her own since it's a solo.

Haroon

It's her solo song! 

She had a solo song on their new album. She's their "leader". Really impressive actually, because she raps, sings, writes, produces. She also has damn good English. Dirty Vibe from Skrillex has a verse from her in all English. 

Oooooooh I see :omg: I like some of their songs but I'm not really a fan of this particular solo song she's done unfortunately :noparty: But I'd totally be up for a Gaga and 2NE1 collaboration, that'd be like one of the biggest collaborations ever :udidnt:

tokyodisko

Am I missing something? I don't see the racism in this thread :shrug:

Not blatant, but the same underlying reasons people are not comfortable and pissed that a K-pop group and Vocaloid character are opening the show. 

Music to me is about more than the language. This is coming across more as cultural elitism. 

Oooooooh I see :omg: I like some of their songs but I'm not really a fan of this particular solo song she's done unfortunately :noparty: But I'd totally be up for a Gaga and 2NE1 collaboration, that'd be like one of the biggest collaborations ever :udidnt:

The internet would break. Blackjacks and Monsters unite!

Work, work, work, work, working on my shiiit :D

You might like her verse in the second song I posted. ^^

Morphine Prince

Not blatant, but the same underlying reasons people are not comfortable and pissed that a K-pop group and Vocaloid character are opening the show. 

Music to me is about more than the language. This is coming across more as cultural elitism. 

The internet would break. 

Well, I personally don't like the two opening acts Gaga chose, but not because of the race or language. It's just that I don't like the music, therefore I don't like the act. 

tokyodisko

Well, I personally don't like the two opening acts Gaga chose, but not because of the race or language. It's just that I don't like the music, therefore I don't like the act. 

Understandable in that case, but when people comment about them being Asian and that's why they don't like it then it brings in the race issues. 

I am not really a fan of Crayon Pop, but I think Miku is an opener, because the technology is pretty bad ass and Gaga wants to showcase it.  

HIMER0S

You might like her verse in the second song I posted. ^^

Oh, so she's a Dirty Vibe grl... :D

I don't need eyes to see

PoshLife

I think some posts got deleted because tokyodisco quoted posts I can't find the original for.

But Nickster saying Asian groups "blend together" is a bit out-of-touch. You wouldn't hear someone say that about groups of white people. It's very subtle, but the whole "these asians look/sound/act alike" is so deeply engrained in our culture that it just appears normal.

PopReaper

this thread :wtf:

I think some posts got deleted because tokyodisco quoted posts I can't find the original for.

But Nickster saying Asian groups "blend together" is a bit out-of-touch. You wouldn't hear someone say that about groups of white people. It's very subtle, but the whole "these asians look/sound/act alike" is so deeply engrained in our culture that it just appears normal.

Agreed.

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

Archived