💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP era similar to Madonna's Erotica era

Spanish Eyes

Featured Posts

Spanish Eyes

Erotica era was more, rash in my opinion. I mean, the worst gaga did was that she got puked on. Madge made a book with pics of her titties and erotic fantasies. They are similar in success, but how they got there is different

Very true.

I guess what I'm getting at though is that each era shows each artist being their most characteristically "them," In other words, Erotica is Madonna at her most Madonna (overt s-xuality, eroticism, verbally and visually explicit), and ARTPOP is Gaga at her most Gaga (pretentious, pedantic, art-obsessed).

Note: I don't think Gaga is pretentious at all, but that's a common criticism she faces.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spanish Eyes

If things align, Gaga's R&B record is coming next. :legend:

We're not ready! :giveup:

djBuffoon

Subjective and emotionally based logic.

In my opinion, ARTPOP is her best album musically. There's no way to prove this, though, which you need to realize.

:yes:

Jenniferella

I totally see where you're ging with this ! I think that at a different scale ARTPOP is, for now, Gaga's Erotica. But not for the same reasons at all 

Without the impact, Erotica's one of the most controversial eras in pop history

Agreed

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

GagaDragon

In my opinion, ARTPOP is her best album musically. There's no way to prove this, though, which you need to realize.

I'm just being realistic, do you honestly see ARTPOP getting plaudits years later? i can see that happening to BTW but not ARTPOP. Just wait for her next album, fans will stop lying to themselves eventually.

TFM and BTW are her best work but no point in arguing since that is a whole different topic all together.

Pain of fame1

:yes:

YES, ARTPOP IS HER BEST ALBUM AND IT HASN'T FLOP: 2.7 M sold in less than a year nowadays is a lot...

Spanish Eyes

I'm just being realistic, do you honestly see ARTPOP getting plaudits years later? i can see that happening to BTW but not ARTPOP. Just wait for her next album, fans will stop lying to themselves eventually.

TFM and BTW are her best work but no point in arguing since that is a whole different topic all together.

No, boo, you're not being realistic. You're being subjective. Just because you don't like ARTPOP doesn't mean it's objectively bad. 

Regardless, we're getting off topic. Anyone spot any more similarities?

GagaDragon

No, boo, you're not being realistic. You're being subjective. Just because you don't like ARTPOP doesn't mean it's objectively bad. 

Regardless, we're getting off topic. Anyone spot any more similarities?

You didn't answer my question, do you see ARTPOP get plaudits for the music years down the line?

i didn't say ARTPOP was bad either, stop putting words in my mouth.

djBuffoon

Completely and utterly subjective. And not to mention insulting to fans like myself, who have ears that work and, yes, consider it to be her finest album so far. ARTPOP is hardly the first piece of work to be criticized upon release, so please watch how you phrase your opinion.

Spanish Eyes

Please tell me Madonna came out with a smash album shortly after :awkney:

Not for a while, no. Bedtime Stories was a lukewarm success, though it did garner a grammy nomination. It wasn't until 1998 with Ray of Light that she reach another imperial phase.

That being said, Madonna had hits all throughout the nineties. Bedtime Stories produced "Take a Bow," her longest running number one.

TheOriginalOne
Please tell me Madonna came out with a smash album shortly after :awkney:
From what I hear on here, Ray Of Light was released later and was a huge success.

Archived