Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP era similar to Madonna's Erotica era

Spanish Eyes

Featured Posts

If Gaga did that next era, would she be bigger than she is now?

Uhh.. I don't know? Gaga is already in a bad spot so I don't see why she should even attempt to do that. IF she wants her mass appeal back then she definitely needs a more laid back image and style of music.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheRevenge

I've been saying this to ppl foreverrrr lol so true

But if this is Gaga's "Erotica" that means we have an even worse flop coming: her "Bedtime Stories". "Bedtime Stories" was considered a sequel in ways to Erotica, too because of them kind of being Madonna's most explicit and boundary pushing records.

So if there is any truth to this coincidence...it means Gaga's success will come with a more personal, musically driven record like Ray of Light.

TheRevenge

TEOG was a marginal success and even then for the places where it was what you could consider "successful" the success of a song isn't only on paper. People didn't really care about TEOG. It wasn't something everyone was talking about and requesting. It wasn't a year end list favorite or much of a pop highlight or whatever the list goes on and on. It just existed for a second and went away and no one said anything about it lol

Actuallly.....I would venture to say that TEOG is one of Gaga's most favorited hits. It went number 3 after Judas mildly flopped, and it's been covered over and over again on singing shows, youtube covers, etc. I actually think in the long run The Edge of Glory did better than some mild hits like LoveGame or Paparazzi.

Chucky

Could you please elaborate? I'm intrigued! :laughga:

The hot pink, legs open album cover :laughga:

MonsterRocket

When did I say they needed to be? I was saying a lot of the fans tend to overexaggerate exactly how much of a "hit" it actually was. Some people do the same thing with You and I insisting that it was a smash or something. TEOG did better than Y&I but I mean its not like it was even an Alejandro sized hit. It was just there and then it wasn't. Its nothing to talk about now as if it was something that mattered at the time. Thats what im getting at and idk how we got onto this topic in the first place anymore lol Applause was a bigger hit than TEOG albeit not as critically appreciated.

Okay, i understood your point better this time. And i really agree! Especially with the Applause thing. Sorry i misunderstood you  :hug:

Archived