💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Timelessness of Applause; Scientific Formula?

degenerate

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

It's called you're a stan.

It's old af to everyone else.

This is Not true. Its not like fans can't have an objective opinion about Gaga'a songs or that we praise everything she does.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tokyo Rose

Because that's what we are to the music world, no? 

We're not record label executives, we're fans. 

This whole unhealthy obsession with a--lyzing charts and numbers on Gaga's success is a big part of what's making this site less enjoyable to go on. 

This is Not true. Its not like fans can't have an objective opinion about Gaga'a songs or that we praise everything she does.

I never said that you can't have an objective opinion, and you can't tell I don't think that from the posts I made after that one. If I MUST explain myself, the comment means that OP still likes Applause because he likes Gaga's music. If he didn't, he probably wouldn't be listening to Applause anymore (or he would, who knows).

We're not record label executives, we're fans. 

This whole unhealthy obsession with a--lyzing charts and numbers on Gaga's success is a big part of what's making this site less enjoyable to go on. 

So we think I'm obsessed with charts now, okay :awkney:

When did I whine that Applause never went #1 like a lot of users have in the past? Stating Applause's popularity =/= a--lyzing the charts. BTW, you can thank Gaga for dividing the fanbase by bringing attention to the charts to begin with, by writing music not the bling and defending Applause's charting position, but then releasing DWUW as a single when it charted well. 

VforVendetta

I never said that you can't have an objective opinion, and you can't tell I don't think that from the posts I made after that one. If I MUST explain myself, the comment means that OP still likes Applause because he likes Gaga's music. If he didn't, he probably wouldn't be listening to Applause anymore (or he would, who knows).

But I don't think it has anything to do with being a fan or not IF you like the song. Also I never made you explan yourself to me, when you decide make a post then you must be open to quotes.

Tokyo Rose

So we think I'm obsessed with charts now, okay :awkney:

When did I whine that Applause never went #1 like a lot of users have in the past? Stating Applause's popularity =/= a--lyzing the charts. BTW, you can thank Gaga for dividing the fanbase by bringing attention to the carts to begin with, by writing music not the bling and defending Applause's charting position, but then releasing DWUW as a single when it charted well. 

Not you specifically, I don't know you well enough to say that. I meant the site in general.

The fanbase has been divided since the Alejandro music video, this is nothing new. 

But I don't think it has anything to do with being a fan or not IF you like the song. Also I never made you explan yourself to me, when you decide make a post then you must be open to quotes.

Okay, but I also never said you asked me to explain myself. It was an expression. :deadbanana:

VforVendetta

Okay, but I also never said you asked me to explain myself. It was an expression. :deadbanana:

Oh OK. :laughga:

erfaan

It definitely has that never ageing element, sonically. I think it's in a lot of DJWS's productions. It's always fresh and very crisp. 

VforVendetta

1. People who buy/stream music

2. Look at the charts, not just sales, but also views and streaming.

3. What do you define as a majority? :usrs:

You mean the 20 some people that replied to our thread in this entire forum? :rip:

Also, because I have an opinion I can give such opinion on a discussion word. Interesting how that works, huh?

Because that's what we are to the music world, no?

2.5M people have bought Applause in the US and many are still buying it every day. How do you know if they still listen to the song or not or their impressions about it really?

calmar

The simple instrumental behind it and well-written melody (including hooks).

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

isMusic

I always have to start up my workout with Applause. The energy I get when the chorus starts is indescribable! 

Those cheers and claps by towards the end of the song give me SO MUCH energy. Just like what Gaga said in one of her tweets, "It feels like it's pushing you for that one extra mile."

I always end up clapping while running by the last chorus, though, and then even do the A-R-T-P-O-P  :emma:

Wet Fire

All the songs on ARTPOP sound fresh to me. Except Venus, (a little bit of) the title track.

Archived