💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's ARTPOP & Rihanna's Rated R

Slade

Featured Posts

Slade

i was talking about ARTPOP in general. I don't think its fair to compare rihanna to gaga,simply because the reason why ARTPOP "didnt" do well is not the same reason Rated R "didnt" do well. ARTPOP didnt do well because of the GPs thoughts on Gaga, not because of the music, however Rated R was a very different sound for Rihanna and maybe ppl didnt really like it. People were actually rooting for rihanna at the time the record was released.

Well I think you could kind of say the same about ARTPOP's sound. A lot of people found it reductive because it went back to her old sound from kind of TF/TFM and wasn't a "progression" of BTW's sound. But a lot of ARTPOP is definitely different for Gaga...Aura, Sexxx Dreams, JND, DWUW, Swine...it's definitely not all her typical sound.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

AND didn't that tarot card guy here on GGD say that the 4th single would be a big hit? :eek:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Slade

AND didn't that tarot card guy here on GGD say that the 4th single would be a big hit? :eek:

Omg he did I forgot about that :deadbanana: And he said that the third single would chart worse than MTN :udidnt:

TEANUS

Omg he did I forgot about that :deadbanana: And he said that the third single would chart worse than MTN :udidnt:

He just said it would do "quite horribly" and that the fourth single would "score another hit for this album". But he did say that the DWUW video would be released in March so....:shrug:

Essence
All artists have their ups and downs. Gaga will be back with a #1 sooner or later
this. And to the OP, ARTPOP is my favorite album :yes:

Judas Oyster

Don't forget Dope #8 (or was it 9), as Hard.

He just said it would do "quite horribly" and that the fourth single would "score another hit for this album". But he did say that the DWUW video would be released in March so.... :shrug:

Could that fourth single be Dope? which is officially a top 10 single?

TEANUS

Don't forget Dope #8 (or was it 9), as Hard.

Could that fourth single be Dope? which is officially a top 10 single?

Doubt it....and the tarot card guy said that one of her projects would bring great fortune to Gaga and her team in July :udidnt:

Maybe a Gypsy release this summer? :ohwell:

Bowman

Madonna and MJ had there bad times! It's just that the public don't remember what their worst albums were. I think Gaga will be back on top again, she still has so much more to come.

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

Judas Oyster

Doubt it....and the tarot card guy said that one of her projects would bring great fortune to Gaga and her team in July :udidnt:

Maybe a Gypsy release this summer? :ohwell:

A-ha! Yeaah Gypsy could be indeed. I don't like the song, but I know it's an unpopular opinion :P

XoXoJoanneGaga

That's based on the people here. I know it's not everyone's opinion, but it's definitely far from an unpopular opinion. If ARTPOP is considered by the majority of people here to be her best album, then a lot of people in the fan base probably consider it her best too. But like I said, even in Rihanna's fan base, a lot of people say Loud is her best, or GGGB. Opinions vary.

http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/98947-the-official-ggd-favorite-lady-gaga-album/

Well this is a forum for hardcore Gaga fans and that poll was made literally the day the album released, a lot of people admitted to voting ARTPOP out of hype. It's generally looked at as her weakest or 2nd weakest outside of fan-sites 

Gaga is Life

I don't view ARTPOP as her best album, and I feel like Rated R was about 97% more successful (at least where I live) than ARTPOP. So this comparison came as a surprise to me. I may sound negative, but it's my opinion. Not that I think ARTPOP isn't epic - it sure is epic. And Rated R has most of my favourite Rihanna songs on there.

JustPokeHerFace

It seems like all the recent pop diva's 4th albums are cursed. Rated R, 4, and ARTPOP all underperformed, but the fifth albums of Beyonce and Rihanna both smashed, so that gives hope that Gaga might as well. If album 5 comes out when dance music is starting to pick up again, she can do really well. 

Archived