Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's ARTPOP & Rihanna's Rated R

Slade

Featured Posts

Slade

Does anyone kind of think ARTPOP is a bit similar to Rated R? Not sonically of course, but I think they're similar in these 2 aspects:

-"Best" Album: I've noticed that there are a lot of people, including myself, who regard ARTPOP as Gaga's best album, and I know a lot of Rihanna fans regard Rated R as her best album (not everyone of course, I know opinions vary, just like lots regard TFM or BTW as Gaga's best).

-Commercial Success: Both eras/albums were not necessarily their most commercially successful. The only big single that Rated R spawned was Rude Boy, ARTPOP (so far) has spawned Applause. Check it out:

Rated R: #4

-Russian Roulette - #9

-Hard - #8

-Wait Your Turn - #110

-Rude Boy - #1

-Rockstar 101 - #64

ARTPOP: #1

-Applause - #4

-Do What U Want - #13

-G.U.Y. - #76 (may change, of course)

***Read this if you don't read anything else***

This thread was made to prove a point. ARTPOP may not be the most successful album she's had or spawned her biggest hits, but that doesn't mean she's declining. Rated R shows that an album can be seen as a commercial "flop" and still spawn a #1 single and turn everything around. ARTPOP isn't over, she can save it with one single, be that Gypsy or whatever. And honestly, aside from Rude Boy, Rated R did much worse than ARTPOP and look at Rihanna now. Is she over? Exactly. Her very next album (Loud) was massive and extremely successful. Gaga isn't over and neither is ARTPOP. Don't ever count her out because if Rihanna can come back from Rated R, then Gaga can come back from ARTPOP.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
homomo

All artists have their ups and downs. Gaga will be back with a #1 sooner or later

No Angel

Rated R was such a great album. I remember when Russian Roulette dropped... it was totally different from what Rih had done and It fit her situation at the time so well. It was dark and s-xy and interesting. That's when I truly became a fan.

But her next single will be #1? Let's hope this is her Rated R.  :excited2:

Looks like they have to release Sex Dreams this coming Summer.  :teehee:

Checkers

Rihanna was beat in February of 2009 and she released Rated R in November of 2009.

Gaga broke her hip in February of 2013 and she released ARTPOP in November of 2013.

:spin:

DeleteMyAccount

Yes I agree.  You never know if Gaga's album will be her biggest and best either.  ARTPOP may not have been the success that all the fans wanted, but it doesn't mean she's forever going to fade away into nothing.  Also, after Rated R, Rihanna released LOUD.  Super successful.  

HausOfGuy

The thing is that this is Gagas 4th album, and most of her contemporaries have "survived" their 4th albums... Its not that ARTPOP flopped, its just that gaga is still in the begging of her career, and declines like this usually come later in someones career. Its not like its the end of her career, but if she doesn't work with a good team, and if she doesn't step up her game on the next album, it might be the end of her commercial career.

Slade

TFM is the popular opinion as the best album though

Not necessarily. There was a poll here with over 500 votes, and ARTPOP won as Gaga's best album. I think it was over taken by BTW, but TFM was 3rd. That's not saying too much I guess, but a lot of people do regard ARTPOP as her best.

SEANGT

I kind of see it. You should include Dope #10 though. I feel like some of those Rated R songs probably charted similarly to Dope because I have never heard of them. lol 

Slade

The thing is that this is Gagas 4th album, and most of her contemporaries have "survived" their 4th albums... Its not that ARTPOP flopped, its just that gaga is still in the begging of her career, and declines like this usually come later in someones career. Its not like its the end of her career, but if she doesn't work with a good team, and if she doesn't step up her game on the next album, it might be the end of her commercial career.

Rated R is Rihanna's 4th album too

Archived