💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do some monsters call DJWS messy?

2NE1LG

Featured Posts

Wet Fire

I think all of

her albums sound tremendous on headphones, but DJWS's

work, especially on AP, sounds particularly amazing when played on a large s0]@ocHoÌš.|qy1GFtre>agree!!! :dies:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This and "Born This Way". RedOne and Fernando have both done excellent work too, but ultimately Gaga has full control and if she didn't like it, they would make adjustments to fit her wishes.

I think all of her albums sound tremendous on headphones, but DJWS's work, especially on AP, sounds particularly amazing when played on a large sound system.

omg yes. the bassline of Applause with a really good sound system gives me chills. like i can literally sit and listen to the bassline stem on repeat

Essence

This and "Born This Way". RedOne and Fernando have both done excellent work too, but ultimately Gaga has full control and if she didn't like it, they would make adjustments to fit her wishes.

I think all of her albums sound tremendous on headphones, but DJWS's work, especially on AP, sounds particularly amazing when played on a large sound system.

OMG!! I completely agree. This album was meant to be played on surround sound speakers. Headphones only somewhat suffice.

Dat bass in MANiCURE :music:

His bashing of Nicki Minaj is becoming borderline obsessive and messy. 

I think he just has really good hearing :)

And the thread is referring to his production.

OMG!! I completely agree. This album was meant to be played on surround sound speakers. Headphones only somewhat suffice.

Dat bass in MANiCURE :music:

I think he just has really good hearing :)

And the thread is referring to his production.

As a producer? VERY hit or miss on ARTPOP.

Applause is nice and clean.

Swine is a giant mess. 

JnD is a giant mess.

Sexxx Dreams is overproduced but had such fantastic potential.

ARTPOP is clean.

DWUW is clean.

Essence

As a producer? VERY hit or miss on ARTPOP.

Applause is nice and clean.

Swine is a giant mess. 

JnD is a giant mess.

Sexxx Dreams is overproduced but had such fantastic potential.

ARTPOP is clean.

DWUW is clean.

Swine and JnD are supposed to be chaotic. Swine in particular. She even had backing vocalists sing notes off key and with heavy autotune to add the the maniacal nature of the song. And J&D is actually really clean regardless of the quality of the song if you listen to the instrumental.

I disagree with you about Sexxx Dreams being overproduced cause I think there's a really nice contrast between the mellow and melodic verses and the hard hitting choruses (which on the right speakers can sound just mind blowing) 

Oh well, I guess we have different opinions :)

Swine and JnD are supposed to be chaotic. Swine in particular. She even had backing vocalists sing notes off key and with heavy autotune to add the the maniacal nature of the song. And J&D is actually really clean regardless of the quality of the song if you listen to the instrumental.

I disagree with you about Sexxx Dreams being overproduced cause I think there's a really nice contrast between the mellow and melodic verses and the hard hitting choruses (which on the right speakers can sound just mind blowing) 

Oh well, I guess we have different opinions :)

The only "overproduction" I enjoy on the album is MJH

The vocal effects would have been a million times better with a vocoder or voder, or even synthesizer to plug in the mic and synthesize various sounds by combining the sound and voice together

It would have been futuristic  :worship:

giskardsb

No hits, well beside one :emma:

Because they themselves are messy and prefer "hit" producers like RedOne and Zedd.

the fact that these two posts happened at the same time is hillarious.

The only "overproduction" I enjoy on the album is MJH

The vocal effects would have been a million times better with a vocoder or voder, or even synthesizer to plug in the mic and synthesize various sounds by combining the sound and voice together

It would have been futuristic :worship:

Totally here for more extensive use of Vocoder effects on Act II tbh :legend:

Totally here for more extensive use of Vocoder effects on Act II tbh :legend:

The Vocoder, when done right and edited properly, can unleash some of the best jams in existence :legend:

The Vocoder, when done right and edited properly, can unleash some of the best jams in existence :legend:

Daft Punk's impact tho :legend:

Even before RAM! :)

idk who was the first to use Vocoders in music but they use it very prominently

:laughga:

Daft Punk's impact tho :legend:

Even before RAM! :)

idk who was the first to use Vocoders in music but they use it very prominently

:laughga:

There were so many hits during the 70s and even 80s with rock

:legend:

GypsyPrince

Because little monsters try as much as possible to deny the fact that THEY are the messiest of the lot.

Archived