💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

To end the Katy-Gaga talk on this forum...

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

wahkeenasitka

to make a comparison to the late 80's... 

Katy Perry is more like Tiffany 

114852181.jpg

& Gaga is more like Madonna. 

Tiffany was completely forgotten within a decade... Although she was huge for a few years. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Rogoe

I think that your last point is really spot on. Katy Perry's goal is chart-topping success while Gaga is aiming for artistry and innovation. Simply comparing sales gives Katy the advantage because she makes music that does well commercially. My bet though is that if you look back 20 years from now Gaga is going to be remembered as the icon, because people don't remember how well songs do on the charts, they just remember the artistry and the music. Also, I think Katy Perry's music will be extremely outdated since it's so trendy but Gaga's will age well.

Y'all will get drown from the tea reading this post. :rip:

On a serious note, You made a very valid point. I mean, who in here remember billboard no.1 song in 2002? Or the album sells in that year? Certainly not me.

VforVendetta

Or Katy is an artist like Gaga who just happens to have a different vision that happens to be received better by the public.

But I don't really think Katy is like Gaga at all...

VforVendetta

114852181.jpg

Tiffany was completely forgotten within a decade... Although she was huge for a few years. 

Who is she? :udidnt:

Who is she? :udidnt:

Basically the real-life template for Robin Sparkles, if you're familiar with her. Famous for having a tour of malls.

I don't think she was a good a--logy for Katy, but whatev.

But I don't really think Katy is like Gaga at all...

That doesn't mean she's a manufactured puppet :roll:

114852181.jpg

Except Katy sells out arenas, has had 9 #1 singles and 3 huge albums. Tiffany sold out shopping malls, and bad 1 hit song from her only hit album. They are clearly not the same.

HeavyPunkLover

Lost me at "Britney couldn't sing at all"

She had a powerful voice when she started out but lack of training caused her to lose all her vocal talent. But she was vocally exceptional when she started.

I agree about Gaga being a persona and not a pop star though :yes:

lost me at  "she had a powerful voice" :-P

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

Essence
lost me at  "she had a powerful voice" :-P
she did though :lmao: have you seen her as an 8 year old child on star search?

Lost me at "Britney couldn't sing at all"

She had a powerful voice when she started out but lack of training caused her to lose all her vocal talent. But she was vocally exceptional when she started.

I agree about Gaga being a persona and not a pop star though :yes:

VforVendetta

That doesn't mean she's a manufactured puppet :roll:

I never said that Katy was constructed because she wasn't like Gaga. (I never used the word puppet). I said that Katy's music is contructed and I don't really see how could someone describe it. Her discography consists of bubblegum, kids-appealing pop songs, made to be appealing to as bigger demographic as possible.

V, you are one of the primary voices of reason on this board.

:hug:

I never said that Katy was constructed because she wasn't like Gaga. (I never used the word puppet). I said that Katy's music is contructed and I don't really see how could someone describe it. Her discography consists of bubblegum, kids-appealing pop songs, made to be appealing to as bigger demographic as possible.

:hug:

But you implied she wasn't an artist simply because she makes that kind of music. What if that's the music she likes to make?

VforVendetta

But you implied she wasn't an artist simply because she makes that kind of music. What if that's the music she likes to make?

I never said she wasn't an artist though, I said she is a different level of artist. There are painters that draw whatever is in their mind and whenever they feel it right and they even take months to end their work and there are also the ones that draw you in the streets whenever you ask them and they sell it to you to take the money. Both are artists, both have made their choices but no they are not in the same level.

Archived