💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

To end the Katy-Gaga talk on this forum...

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

IF YOU DON'T READ THE WHOLE OP THERE WILL PROBABLY BE MISUNDERSTANDINGS, OFFENCES ETC. .

...lets take a history lesson. In 1998 a young girl named Britney Spears became famous. She was ambitious, very, beautiful and with a s-xy voice. She couldn't really sing that well at all but she could dance and by combining her s-xy image and appeal with the digital evolution and the rise of the "picture" of the 90's she created a Pop star for herself. She made many strong dance songs with appealing videos and s-xy images, she promoted her s-xy image a lot and yes, she became an icon. Many have blamed Britney that she had no great singing talent etc but the truth is that she never clamed anything else and she didn't become famous for something else. Britney became the symbol of a line of singers that excists till today, the "Constructed Pop singers". These singers are constructed either by companies either by themselves to be appealing to the mainstream audience and to earn money. It doesn't matter how much talent these artists have, how much powerful voice they have or how well they can dance, it has to do with personality and career direction. (artists of this kind excisted to some extend before but Britney gave birth to this generation of singers). Does Britney deserve the credits even if history proves that she is constructed? Yes, because she was the trendsetter, she had the idea, she gave life to it, she made the impact. The first one takes tje credits. Do the ones that follow her to that trend deserve any kind of praise of that level? No, because they have nothing to give anymore. One of those artists that dominate today, in the second decade of the 21 centrury is Katy Perry. She has a contructed image, she has a s-xy and appealing appearance, bubblegum - comercial hit songs and mediocore singing and performing abilities at best. There were many Katys before her and there will be Many after her that will connect with "new" public better. Lady Gaga on the other hand belongs to another kind of artists. She belongs to the personas, artists like Michael Jackson, David Bowie, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Amy Winehouse, etc. These artists have unique personas, and they are not appealing to everyone, they have controversy around them and either you love them or hate them you can't ignore them because they are different and they push the human race forward (as an old apple commercial said). If you try to erase any of these artists you will see that noone can take their place, they are unique. (Imo Britney belongs to this category because she is a trendsetter and an icon) Everyone can listen to anything he/she wants and believe that what he/she listens is high-quality but STOP posting in a Lady Gaga forum that Katy Perry is a pop genious and that Gaga should take lessons etc cause you are insulting her vision. Even if you like what Gaga does or not, if she says big words, if she makes empty promises, is she feels weak at times, if sometimes she messes things up, this is who she is and you can't really change it and she maybe can't either. She can change her promotional team but she can't change herself and she shouldn't because she is unique. You can now stop comparing Gaga with Katy because they are aiming for different spots on music history and stop saying all the time that Katy is using payola etc because I don't really think that this is the reason she is smashing, she is smashing because she is made to, simple as this.

I hope that you will act civilized. :nick:

I am not here for "clever" and ironic comments like this brings negativity, it is not necessary, you bring Katy again etc. Thank you. :MANiCURE:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Essence

Lost me at "Britney couldn't sing at all"

She had a powerful voice when she started out but lack of training caused her to lose all her vocal talent. But she was vocally exceptional when she started.

I agree about Gaga being a persona and not a pop star though :yes:

VforVendetta

Lost me at "Britney couldn't sing at all"

She had a powerful voice when she started out but lack of training caused her to lose all her vocal talent. But she was vocally exceptional when she started.

She was never an impressive.vocalist but you can skip that. :nick:

Essence

She was never an impressive.vocalist but you can skip that. :nick:
she was when she started! She got discovered on star search.

It's a shame as her career went on her voice got more childish and s-xy and just deteriorated

HausOfGuy

SLAY SIS. i agree with pretty much everything u said.

"They are aiming for different spots on music history"

:legend:

VforVendetta

You can't map the GagaKaty contrast onto the BritneyXtina one. They are different.

But I didn't. They are different. This is what I'm saying.

RAMROD

Unfortunately, this will never end so long they still have their own career.

Rivalry made by media and fed by fans and common people alike

are pretty classic thing in this business.

So it is back to us to keep on following this on let it rest for ourselves.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

VforVendetta

she was when she started! She got discovered on star search.

It's a shame as her career went on her voice got more childish and s-xy and just deteriorated

Even if she was at the beginning she never really trained it and never was praised for her voice. I mean that she.never counted on her voice. I like Britney's colour but her voice has died years ago. :rip: Anyway this is not the point of this on the first place. :p

I don't see how Katy is more contructed than Xtina or Beyonce. 

Xtina isn't a songwriter and often relied on a s-xy image (that was seen as following Madonna or Britney's lead).

Beyonce was stage managed by her dad, and is known for claiming writing credit for songs she's barely involved with. Being a great singer and dancer doesn't make her original or challenging in any way.

VforVendetta

I don't see how Katy is more contructed than Xtina or Beyonce.

Xtina isn't a songwriter and often relied on a b

s-xy image.

Beyonce was stage managed by her dad, and is known for claiming writing credit for songs she's barely involved with. Being a great singer and dancer doesn't make her original or challenging in any way.

I think Christina is a persona, she has made unique sounds in her music and her voice is unique (even the wrong way she uses it :rip:). Beyonce not so much but I put her to appeal more to the GGD audience. :teehee: I do see your points.

I love everything about this. This is exactly how I see it. This progressive thought is exactly what people are going to be saying years from now.

Media may pin them against each other, but that doesn't mean it makes sense. The media destroyed MJ, and he is still the biggest pop superstar in the world.

That's why I try to tell people not to worry when people say she is flopping and all that other junk.

Archived