💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"So many fans left because Gaga started flopping"

Willy Wonka

Featured Posts

I'm cackling and crying and applauding and cheering and screaming. I appreciate this post so much.

A post with ridicule and hyperbole, and that makes you SO happy you scream?

Sure, the post had some good points, but they are brought down by the delivery which was disrespectful.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

It's much better to have big goals and ambitions and fail to completely match them than to not try at all.

A post with ridicule and hyperbole, and that makes you SO happy you scream?Sure, the post had some good points, but they are brought down by the delivery which was disrespectful.

In your opinion the delivery of my post was disrespectful? Why? Because I didn't dip my views in saccharine?

I admire and respect a great many artists. Some are famous, some are struggling. They are not gods, nor does the fact that their job is to make art elevate them above other people whose jobs -such as collecting garbage- do not bring them fame or fortune.

I won't kiss anyone's a**e in order to make my opinions more palatable. My post was thoughtful and lead to a very positive conclusion. I love Gaga for taking risks. I think she's brave to keep taking them. I don't need her to play with a winning hand every time she puts her artistry cards on the table. Nor do I have to ***foot around with my opinions any more than SHE does!

I'm new here and to have a moderator sling some mud at my post is disappointing and off-putting.

Perhaps I should have punctuated every paragraph with a "YASSSS!".

I have just received something called a Warning Point for the post I made in this thread.

Inb4 anyone says I'm doing a diva flounce, but I can't be bothered with this sort of censure. Bye to Gagadaily.

Amazes me that an artist who is so outspoken and free-spirited attracts fans who cannot abide anything other than fawning adulation for their 'goddess'.

I can tell you now which sort of fan will be here for Gaga in 10 years time. Thinking fans, who love music and are not caught up in celebrity mania.

In your opinion the delivery of my post was disrespectful? Why? Because I didn't dip my views in saccharine?

I admire and respect a great many artists. Some are famous, some are struggling. They are not gods, nor does the fact that their job is to make art elevate them above other people whose jobs -such as collecting garbage- do not bring them fame or fortune.

I won't kiss anyone's a**e in order to make my opinions more palatable. My post was thoughtful and lead to a very positive conclusion. I love Gaga for taking risks. I think she's brave to keep taking them. I don't need her to play with a winning hand every time she puts her artistry cards on the table. Nor do I have to ***foot around with my opinions any more than SHE does!

I'm new here and to have a moderator sling some mud at my post is disappointing and off-putting.

Perhaps I should have punctuated every paragraph with a "YASSSS!".

I did the exact same thing you did. I gave positive and negative comments on your post, and I didn't "kiss anyone's ***" I didn't "***foot around with my opinions". I didn't "dip my views in saccharine" or any other hyperbole.

You don't like it when someone says something negative about your work? Why not afford the same courtesy to Gaga? :shrug:

I have just received something called a Warning Point for the post I made in this thread.

Inb4 anyone says I'm doing a diva flounce, but I can't be bothered with this sort of censure. Bye to Gagadaily.

Amazes me that an artist who is so outspoken and free-spirited attracts fans who cannot abide anything other than fawning adulation for their 'goddess'.

I can tell you now which sort of fan will be here for Gaga in 10 years time. Thinking fans, who love music and are not caught up in celebrity mania.

If you had bothered to read, you would have seen that I gave you 0 warning points. I simply gave you a note that I thought you were badgering Gaga and fans across several of your posts, and I asked you to try and phrase your criticism more respectfully.

And immediately after posting this, he rage quit the site. (with 0 warning points) :smh:

Koreku

I bet if that DWUW video had released and Gaga kept ARTPOP active instead of leaving it dead for 7 months before the 3rd single came around, she'd probably have a lot more fans. Those fans however, wouldn't truly be "Little Monsters", they'd just be people that would say "oh, I like her music" or something. Most of Gaga's really close fans are still here :queenga:  

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Willy Wonka

A post with ridicule and hyperbole, and that makes you SO happy you scream?

Sure, the post had some good points, but they are brought down by the delivery which was disrespectful.

I didn't think it was that disrespectful. Nor did I view it as ridiculing Gaga.

The post used Gaga's own public statements to juxtapose the hype with the product, while inserting his own response using language in the same bombastic style as Gaga's statements. Furthermore, he actually praised Gaga for taking a risk, encouraged her to take more, and defended her against those saying that ARTPOP marks the end of her career.

Maybe it's the way I was educated, but this rampant censoring and silencing of criticism on GGD is puzzling. If one has anything critical to say, one is supposed to say it succinctly, literally, and sweetly, and then hide and never talk about it again. All too often on here, like you just did, arguments are dismissed simply because someone takes issue with the language or tone. Like you said, the post brought up some good points, but rather than actually try and debate the points, you dismissed and discredited it because of the tone. Why? Is the combination of criticism and humor threatening? Do you view it as less objective because of the tone?

Imagine someone made a post stating that they thought 'I Like It Rough' was Gaga's best song ever for reasons x, x, and x. You would never dismiss that person's argument for being too complimentary or too positive. You'd never say "Sure, the post had some good points, but they are brought down by the delivery which was too effusively praising." Why not? Because complimentary posts on GGD get to play with language in a way that critical posts are not allowed to. 

Any critical post on GGD is to be framed as "I'm sorry, I feel that x wasn't that good because..." or "I'm sorry, x wasn't my favorite." Complimentary posts can virtually be phrased in any way from "I thought x was fantastic because..." to "YAAAAS MAMA SLAY FLAWLESS YAAAS". When someone makes the critical equivalent to "YAAAAAS MAMA SLAY FLAWLESS YAAAS" (which the post wasn't even close to), they're warned. Hyperbole is rampant on GGD, but I've only ever seen it addressed as an issue when it's utilized in a critical post. Furthermore, criticism aimed at other artists has much more freedom than criticism aimed at Gaga. The double standard that allows constant criticism of Katy Perry while silencing (and/or (verbally) warning) similar criticism of Gaga has to be addressed.

While criticism can be negative, hateful, and mean-spirited, it can also be objective, respectful, and good-spirited. What you interpret as "ridicule" and "disrespectful" is nothing more than equal employment of the same literary techniques that complimentary posts utilize. In a fan base known for immaturity and a cult-like mentality, we should be encouraging the mature, creative, and respectful expression of opinions, whether they be complimentary or critical. We should be encouraging debate and discussion rather than silencing and restricting certain perspectives. I trust the mods to be able to delineate between witty, direct criticism and actual disrespectful flamebait.

So no, "a post with ridicule and hyperbole" did not make me cheer. A post that creatively (and cleverly) mirrored the language utilized by Gaga and other fans in order to address the reality of the situation while retaining a sense of perspective made me cheer.

While criticism can be negative, hateful, and mean-spirited, it can also be objective, respectful, and good-spirited.

Criticism that is hateful or mean-spirited is not allowed. But respectful and good-spirited criticism is fine, and it makes for good discussion!

Just because some fans love Gaga too enthusiastically does not mean it's okay to drag Gaga too hatefully to make up for it. Two wrongs don't make a right. And in any case, being too enthusiastic is fun and mostly harmless (unless you start insulting other artists). But being too negative is hurtful and ruins the fun.

Cheering is great. Booing is disrespectful. It's just that simple. :shrug:

We will never warn for "YAAASSSSSSS!! MAMA YASSSS!". :hehe:

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

A lesson in logic by a user named Willy Wonka.

Ok.

It's not a lesson in logic. It's a lesson in basic research methodology. Actually.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

I didn't think it was that disrespectful. Nor did I view it as ridiculing Gaga.

The post used Gaga's own public statements to juxtapose the hype with the product, while inserting his own response using language in the same bombastic style as Gaga's statements. Furthermore, he actually praised Gaga for taking a risk, encouraged her to take more, and defended her against those saying that ARTPOP marks the end of her career.

Maybe it's the way I was educated, but this rampant censoring and silencing of criticism on GGD is puzzling. If one has anything critical to say, one is supposed to say it succinctly, literally, and sweetly, and then hide and never talk about it again. All too often on here, like you just did, arguments are dismissed simply because someone takes issue with the language or tone. Like you said, the post brought up some good points, but rather than actually try and debate the points, you dismissed and discredited it because of the tone. Why? Is the combination of criticism and humor threatening? Do you view it as less objective because of the tone?

Imagine someone made a post stating that they thought 'I Like It Rough' was Gaga's best song ever for reasons x, x, and x. You would never dismiss that person's argument for being too complimentary or too positive. You'd never say "Sure, the post had some good points, but they are brought down by the delivery which was too effusively praising." Why not? Because complimentary posts on GGD get to play with language in a way that critical posts are not allowed to. 

Any critical post on GGD is to be framed as "I'm sorry, I feel that x wasn't that good because..." or "I'm sorry, x wasn't my favorite." Complimentary posts can virtually be phrased in any way from "I thought x was fantastic because..." to "YAAAAS MAMA SLAY FLAWLESS YAAAS". When someone makes the critical equivalent to "YAAAAAS MAMA SLAY FLAWLESS YAAAS" (which the post wasn't even close to), they're warned. Hyperbole is rampant on GGD, but I've only ever seen it addressed as an issue when it's utilized in a critical post. Furthermore, criticism aimed at other artists has much more freedom than criticism aimed at Gaga. The double standard that allows constant criticism of Katy Perry while silencing (and/or (verbally) warning) similar criticism of Gaga has to be addressed.

While criticism can be negative, hateful, and mean-spirited, it can also be objective, respectful, and good-spirited. What you interpret as "ridicule" and "disrespectful" is nothing more than equal employment of the same literary techniques that complimentary posts utilize. In a fan base known for immaturity and a cult-like mentality, we should be encouraging the mature, creative, and respectful expression of opinions, whether they be complimentary or critical. We should be encouraging debate and discussion rather than silencing and restricting certain perspectives. I trust the mods to be able to delineate between witty, direct criticism and actual disrespectful flamebait.

So no, "a post with ridicule and hyperbole" did not make me cheer. A post that creatively (and cleverly) mirrored the language utilized by Gaga and other fans in order to address the reality of the situation while retaining a sense of perspective made me cheer.

OK. I defended you at first, but now that this is a theoretical a--lysis and a term paper, you need to visit gagastigmata.com and contribute to their posts. You're not going to get anyway trying to critically a--lyze the behavior of GGD users, you will die before you get it right.

Chris90046

I do not think people fled due to the lack of success only. With this era, LG has given the feeling of being out of touch, not as invested as before. Moreover all those talks about Art have thrown people off and have made her seem pretentious.

LaLuna

I do not think people fled due to the lack of success only. With this era, LG has given the feeling of being out of touch, not as invested as before. Moreover all those talks about Art have thrown people off and have made her seem pretentious.

It really pisses me off that just because Gaga is a smart, cultured woman who references various pieces of art and artists in her work, people accuse her of being pretentious. Just because she's a pop star, she's supposed to dumb herself down to please the f*cking GP??? Well you know what? If our beloved GP can't handle Gaga's brains and culture, they can just f*ck off and go listen to some bimbo who has nothing interesting to talk about except how her ex-boyfriend dumped her or whatever.

Gaga has ALWAYS been about art and has always professed her love for the likes of Andy Warhol and other cultural figures, it's just that she made it more obvious with ARTPOP.

Archived